News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TheMaxRebo

Question: are the dozens of “entirely new” AAs in addition, or mostly replacing? A combination? In other words, will the total AA count go up or down? 24 or more new AAs sounds great, but if they’re removing all 60+ SM AAs then that is distinctly a downgrade.
It doesn't say, so we don't know. My guess is a combination - reuse some of the more simple AAs (some of the prior concept art seemed to indicate some of the figures shown were repurposed from the existing ride)

I think the big part of this is to show it won't simply be the old, existing (but not working all that well/simple movement) AAs redressed and also it won't just be like Na'vi River where there is just 1 new AA, but rather there will be quite a few new, properly working, more advanced AAs in the ride

Bocabear

Well if Splash is not firmly set in New Orleans, it only makes sense that they do something for food nearby...We know they are not building a new restaurant, so maybe just re-dressing Pecos Bill to look like New Orleans and Bayou country is the best way. I have eaten at Pecos Bill's dozens of times... The classic Disney Gristleburgers tm, and the value-reduced fixin's bar no longer impress... So maybe a fresh new take would make it more lively and interesting.

bmr1591

What I wish would happen, but probably won’t:

1. Make it where every now and then, a log gets ‘stuck’ near the end, is flipped around, and goes down the fall backwards. Would be a fun thing to happen once an hour or something as a surprise. Won’t happen because they want this themed more toward kids and that would be too scary.

2. The water tower should splash water out of its top when riders go down. Like a big sploosh exploding out of it.

Smiley/OCD

What I wish would happen, but probably won’t:

1. Make it where every now and then, a log gets ‘stuck’ near the end, is flipped around, and goes down the fall backwards. Would be a fun thing to happen once an hour or something as a surprise. Won’t happen because they want this themed more toward kids and that would be too scary.

2. The water tower should splash water out of its top when riders go down. Like a big sploosh exploding out of it.
I said the same thing about the water tower and someone even suggested that the tower should be designed like the generic water park tanks that fill and tip over onto the guests…all better ideas than just a tower sitting there…put the “icon” to good use while it’s there…(unless the infrastructure can’t handle that movement ala the Yeti)…

LittleBuford

I said the same thing about the water tower and someone even suggested that the tower should be designed like the generic water park tanks that fill and tip over onto the guests…all better ideas than just a tower sitting there…put the “icon” to good use while it’s there…(unless the infrastructure can’t handle that movement ala the Yeti)…
I personally would enjoy the ride a lot less if the water tower were to drench me with additional water!

Smiley/OCD

I personally would enjoy the ride a lot less if the water tower were to drench me with additional water!
I guess it would depend on the weather…to me, if you want a water ride without getting wet, there’s plenty…several in the MK…flume rides are supposed to get the riders wet…that’s what makes them so much fun…maybe they can turn the French down when it’s cooler or after dark.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Photos from today

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tianas-bayou-adventure/gallery/13apr2023-tiana's-bayou-adventure-construction---april-13-2023.htm

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_51341.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_51344.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_51351.jpg

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tianas-bayou-adventure/gallery/13apr2023-tiana's-bayou-adventure-construction---april-13-2023.htm

LittleBuford

I guess it would depend on the weather…to me, if you want a water ride without getting wet, there’s plenty…several in the MK…flume rides are supposed to get the riders wet…that’s what makes them so much fun…maybe they can turn the French down when it’s cooler or after dark.
I generally avoided getting wet on Splash Mountain by asking to sit at the very back—it worked pretty well! But I realise I’m unusual in disliking the feeling.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Re: Dozens

Is this in addition to or as replacement? Of the "24" I figure a dozen are limited motion, 6 are animatic being between limited motion and fluid, fully-animated AAs and 6 are the typical big figs. Still leaves a sparse offering UNLESS some of the original SotS/AS AAs are included as well.

Incomudro

There supposed to possibly get the riders wet.
That's part of the fun.
A guarantee of getting drenched isn't fun for everyone.

comics101

My sense (and I may well be mistaken) is that the practice of publicly releasing concept art for new attractions is fairly recent. Was any concept art released for Splash Mountain back in the day?

At any rate, I quite like some of the concept art that they’ve produced for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, but I realise that’s subjective.

You know, this is actually a really fair and really good point that's getting me to reconsider some of my earlier statements.

Having grown up in the early 2000's, opportunities to discover the latest and greatest that Disney was planning was readily available on the internet. I almost certainly had access to concept art and promotional images that would otherwise have been unavailable to the average person. 30, 40...50 years ago, fans and audiences would have been limited to official artwork released via in-park materials, promotional pamphlets, or television specials--and I'm sure these sources seldom included artwork for un-built attractions or blue sky concepts. I suppose I've been spoiled.

comics101

You mean like this actual, quality artwork that was released the day the retheme was announced?:

Not to mention the different models of the exterior and sketches of the critters and characters that'll be found inside.

Let's not pretend they're being stingy and secretive. We've already seen more concept art for Tiana's than we ever got for some of the new attrations at WDW in the past decade.

Personally, even just seeing these pictures all in one place is exciting. This doesn't look like a dollar store redo.

1681395984663.png

^^So we're in complete agreement on the piece that was released with the retheme's announcement. This is precisely the sort of artwork I'd like to see more of. Unfortunately, the other images you shared do not even come close to replicating the quality and aesthetic seen here.

It may very well come down to opinion and preference, but to me, the cartoony concept pieces look like they were thrown together in Procreate at the last minute in an effort to give the DisneyParks Blog something to post 🤷‍♂️. They're not really good for anything; they look like they could have been torn out of a Dollar Tree coloring book, scanned into a computer, and colored using art software.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom