News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Smiley/OCD

…they brought Tony in to hype it for one reason, and one reason only, to try to bridge the gap between the pro change and the anti change group, the majority of which were there when Splash opened and Disney felt we “old timers” would respect what he had to say and perhaps persuade us to the other side…his opinion matters because he created the ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tha Realest

I think we all expected Mama Odie to make an appearance, so that’s not entirely unexpected. As for the rest provided:

• Brand-new cast of original Disney characters with distinct names and personalities
Umm. Okay. You had a bunch of great characters in the film already.
  • Dozens of entirely new Audio-Animatronics figures
Unambiguously good news.
  • Adorable critters with incredible talent, bringing the diverse flavors of musical gumbo found in New Orleans!
Jazz /zydeco is good to me
  • New, original music alongside favorite tunes from the film
Randy Newman’s original music was terrific. Randy Newman hasn’t been mentioned as being associated with this project anywhere at all. This “new, original music” is concerning.
  • Do you love beignets as much as Louis? Well, you’re in luck because the alluring scent of beignets being prepared for the party will be part of the attraction queue!
I don’t know - did Louis love beignets? Like the idea, hope they execute it right

• Additional talent voices from the film reprising their roles, including Bruno Campos as Prince Naveen, Michael Leon Wooley as Louis, and the one and only Anika Noni Rose as Princess Tiana
Goof. Would like to see Jim Cummings or Keith David, but that ship has sailed.
  • Familiar faces from the film such as Princess Tiana, Prince Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis, Eudora, Charlotte, “Big Daddy,” the King and Queen of Maldonia and Prince Ralphie

Notice that Tiana and Naveen have gotten their royal honorifics back? In February it was Tiana and Naveen. Now, they’re Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
My guess is that they’ll build the beignet stall under the Frontierland railroad, around where the Laughin’ Place playground was.

It’s a wide area for foot traffic, plus you can get people as they exit both Splash and the WDWRR.

Granted that’s what I as a mostly rational theme park visitor would think….lord only knows what nonsense the suits in their rich Corinthian leather Executive chairs would dream up.
Wait - you want to have the beignet smells organically come from an actual beignet stand in the area where we cattle can buy a bag of 3 for $18.99 after we ride (add powdered sugar for only $4.99 extra!)?

Surely you jest.

They're going to spend $5 million to Imagineer a state-of-the art fried dough olfactory stimulus system where a bunch of Ray's grand-fireflies will be farting beignet smell throughout the queue.

RSoxNo1

This is quite reassuring -- especially the mention of dozens of AAs.

I also don't think anyone should be concerned that the Disney World version will be significantly different. They aren't going to spend a bunch of additional money designing two different versions (beyond the minimum they will have to spend because of the existing ride differences).
Florida's version of Splash Mountain was superior in large part due to the logs themselves. That won't change.

Tha Realest

Tiana is a princess; this is her ride. I’m not sure why people are making it seem as if there’s something cynical or untoward going on here.
I didn’t suggest it was cynical or untoward. Rather, I think it reflects an evolving view of Tiana for this attraction.

The first announcement had her in her conventional Princess garb. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ng-to-disneyland-park-and-magic-kingdom-park/

The next two announcements showed her in quasi world traveler / adventurer outfits. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ng-to-disneyland-park-and-magic-kingdom-park/

Then, the “storyline” update emphasized her culinary come business acumen, where she’s shown in a conventional apron outfit. Perhaps as a way to push these business characteristics to the fore, she’s not referred to as Princess Tiana, but is instead just Tiana, business titan. https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-details-revealed-for-tianas-bayou-adventure/

I don’t think there’s anything underhanded going on. I think they’re just figuring out the character (still)

aladdin2007

Only problem I have with the Frozen ride is how the projector faces look. "IP in Epcot" argument aside that ride is perfectly fine so what is your point?
point is it could have been better its not perfectly fine, upstairs is barren at best, you can tell the budget went to the lower level. just saying the same could but hopefully not happen here, with very fleshed out scenes to more empty areas in-between. would not be surprising but hopefully thats not the route taken.

EricsBiscuit

Question: are the dozens of “entirely new” AAs in addition, or mostly replacing? A combination? In other words, will the total AA count go up or down? 24 or more new AAs sounds great, but if they’re removing all 60+ SM AAs then that is distinctly a downgrade.

FettFan

Only problem I have with the Frozen ride is how the projector faces look. "IP in Epcot" argument aside that ride is perfectly fine so what is your point?

Disagree, as you can see the black sheeting on the walls thanks to the amount of ambient light given off by all the projectors, and the fact that the boats now move so slowly down the flume.

Maelstrom used UV paint and black lights, which not only hid the black walls better, but gave an added depth to each scene.
Example: the AA’s of Anna, Kristof, Sven and snowman all exist in the exact same space as the Viking village, yet riding past them feels so much more confined and claustrophobic. Not only do you see the black wall to your left, you can tell that there is a wall right behind the characters.

UNCgolf

Disagree, as you can see the black sheeting on the walls thanks to the amount of ambient light given off by all the projectors, and the fact that the boats now move so slowly down the flume.

Maelstrom used UV paint and black lights, which not only hid the black walls better, but gave an added depth to each scene.
Example: the AA’s of Anna, Kristof, Sven and snowman all exist in the exact same space as the Viking village, yet riding past them feels so much more confined and claustrophobic. Not only do you see the black wall to your left, you can tell that there is a wall right behind the characters.

Yeah, FEA is far from perfectly fine. It has pretty glaring flaws everywhere and is one of the more poorly designed rides at WDW. The ice palace scene is especially bad; it's almost embarrassing how empty that whole area is.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom