News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

bcoachable

What about fireworks? The crowding after the fireworks on busy days (especially at times when the number of days a week they are on is restricted such as during MNSSHP), is already ridiculous.

If they increased capacity much more it could get dangerous.

They could add a second fireworks, but during the summer when the first performance is already quite late, a second later performance is going to be too late for most people with children.
Ya- this is the situation I was alluding too in an earlier comment - it seems a bit dangerous with the current number of peeps- what will it look like if you add a new land - then the throngs try to exit the park every night…

FigmentFan82

same amount of people are gonna stay for fireworks as they do now regardless of a potential new land.
the idea that somehow we're in danger of extra people because of an expansion is laughable

bcoachable

same amount of people are gonna stay for fireworks as they do now regardless of a potential new land.
the idea that somehow we're in danger of extra people because of an expansion is laughable
I disagree- a new expansion would allow for more guests to enter and spend. I would add, there is no chance this even will happen, unless wdi can promise TWDC more peeps enter the park, who then spend more money. If they can’t provide proof then the blue sky’s are all turning very grey. IMO of course.

ToTBellHop

I disagree- a new expansion would allow for more guests to enter and spend. I would add, there is no chance this even will happen, unless wdi can promise TWDC more peeps enter the park, who then spend more money. If they can’t provide proof then the blue sky’s are all turning very grey. IMO of course.
They would be wise to include an area in the expansion with a desirable fireworks view like DL enjoys.

brb1006

I believe a Villains Land would had been the perfect opportunity for WDW to have its version of the Villains Grove attraction that was introduced at Disneyland's Oogie Boogie Bash.

Perfect as a walk-through maze for MNSSHP. Maybe with a longer route and having the ability to rotate various Disney Villains yearly.

Sir_Cliff

One issue with adding what would end up being more capacity to MK (with a new blue sky land) that must be considered is this:
How do you move these crowds at the end of a day back out of the park. This “blue sky land” probably can’t happen unless you add a back entrance to MK- and that would probably mean parking issues/solutions. If it is an easier option for me to get into MK, then me and 10k of my closest friend will want to enter and exit from the new entrance, instead of taking the ferry. and that will pose some hurdles on crowd control for WDI to consider. Just some food for thought…
I do wonder whether they have seriously considered if the arcades along both sides of the street at Disneyland Paris could be reverse-engineered into Main Street USA at MK. There are probably reasons they can't, but the arcades are such an elegant solution to getting people in and out of the park over there during fireworks and parades that I hope they have at least explored it.

MagicHappens1971

I do wonder whether they have seriously considered if the arcades along both sides of the street at Disneyland Paris could be reverse-engineered into Main Street USA at MK. There are probably reasons they can't, but the arcades are such an elegant solution to getting people in and out of the park over there during fireworks and parades that I hope they have at least explored it.
I’m not familiar with DLP, are the “arcades” like the Main Street bypasses? While only one of them is scarcely themed, it wouldn’t really solve the problem that is posed in the post your responded to.

It’s also not true that MK would need an additional entrance, and I would wager that it wouldn’t get one regardless of this project moves forward.

ToTBellHop

Considered. Deemed unnecessary. The French are fancy and drink champagne on Main Street. We can slum it around backstage-with-lamps with our Mickey Premium Bars.

Sir_Cliff

I’m not familiar with DLP, are the “arcades” like the Main Street bypasses? While only one of them is scarcely themed, it wouldn’t really solve the problem that is posed in the post your responded to.

It’s also not true that MK would need an additional entrance, and I would wager that it wouldn’t get one regardless of this project moves forward.
The arcades run down each side of Main Street USA and allow people to get in and out of the park easily without having to go down Main Street USA. In short, yes, they are like the bypasses, but a far nicer solution:

1679996453159.png

They work very well for improving traffic flow in and out of the park, particularly during fireworks or parades. I agree that a new entrance doesn't seem necessary whatever new additions are planned.

Last edited:

Riviera Rita

I am also afraid if they brought Carsland to DHS it would be the cliff notes version... 1 flat ride, 1 shop, 1 big attraction though reduced in scope and scale from the Disneyland original... Maybe a fully fleshed out Indy land area with a couple new attractions etc...

The arcades were put into DLPR because of the weather that Paris 'enjoys'. It was designed for people to shelter from rain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom