The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Lilofan

Their chicken teriyaki is pretty good. I seldom get anything from there other than that. I really don't consider myself a food snob. I did go to Arby once to try a new sandwich (I don't remember the name). When I got there and ordered I was told the they didn't have the special beef for that, so, in other words... THEY DON'T ALWAYS HAVE THE MEAT. I pretty much gave up on them at that point, but the do a pretty good Greek Gyro Pita. The only place I have noticed as truly going to the dogs is McDonalds. I once loved their quarter pounder w/cheese so I have given them three chances to see if it was just a fluke or not, but over the last 3 months I have gotten one from 3 different stores and each one was literally dripping grease. not to mention the patty shrinks up to the size of a quarter so the name is partially correct. In all the years I have been getting them that never happened. I think they have gone to a less lean beef. I guess it is ok if someone likes grease dripping on their shirt... I do not! They are off my possible list.
Don't get ice cream at McDonalds. The machines I was told by staff are mostly out of order. The McDonalds in Honolulu when I visited was unique. The breakfast special was scrambled egg, white rice, fried spam, hash browns and coffee. Locals love eating Spam.

StarWarsGirl

seconding..
Yeah. Vadic wanted to know who Picard's associates were, so it seems likely she knew about Riker and knew who he was married to, but it seems unlikely that she would have managed to kidnap Deanna and made it back to impersonate a Starfleet officer in that short timeframe. Plus if it were really Deanna, she would have gotten Kestra too and had them both there.

Cesar R M

Yeah. Vadic wanted to know who Picard's associates were, so it seems likely she knew about Riker and knew who he was married to, but it seems unlikely that she would have managed to kidnap Deanna and made it back to impersonate a Starfleet officer in that short timeframe. Plus if it were really Deanna, she would have gotten Kestra too and had them both there.
Exactly

On the other hand..
I liked the analogy of data.

Because each android created by Soong.

B4 was innocence.
Lore was ego and feelings
Data was curiosity and desire to improve oneself.

Together they make an human?

Still, a bit weird that they would revive him AGAIN after giving such an emotional sendoff in the 1st season.

StarWarsGirl

Exactly

On the other hand..

B4 was innocence.

Still, a bit weird that they would revive him AGAIN after giving such an emotional sendoff in the 1st season.
They gotta keep bringing back Brent Spiner

StarWarsGirl

Exactly

On the other hand..

B4 was innocence.

They gotta keep bringing back Brent Spiner
Also
I kind of got the feeling that Geordie was never the same after Data's death, just based on his appearance. They were always best friends. There was never that resolution there for them.

Speaking of Geordie, it seems he's married and I really wanna know who he's married to!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Also
I kind of got the feeling that Geordie was never the same after Data's death, just based on his appearance. They were always best friends. There was never that resolution there for them.

Speaking of Geordie, it seems he's married and I really wanna know who he's married to!
That as well
Fingers crossed we find out when(or we protest) the next generation gets a show, Jack is the right mix of kirk and Picard to make a good captain

Figgy1

Premium Member
Their chicken teriyaki is pretty good. I seldom get anything from there other than that. I really don't consider myself a food snob. I did go to Arby once to try a new sandwich (I don't remember the name). When I got there and ordered I was told the they didn't have the special beef for that, so, in other words... THEY DON'T ALWAYS HAVE THE MEAT. I pretty much gave up on them at that point, but the do a pretty good Greek Gyro Pita. The only place I have noticed as truly going to the dogs is McDonalds. I once loved their quarter pounder w/cheese so I have given them three chances to see if it was just a fluke or not, but over the last 3 months I have gotten one from 3 different stores and each one was literally dripping grease. not to mention the patty shrinks up to the size of a quarter so the name is partially correct. In all the years I have been getting them that never happened. I think they have gone to a less lean beef. I guess it is ok if someone likes grease dripping on their shirt... I do not! They are off my possible list.
Are you implying I'm a food snob?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Also
Would they please stop trying to pair up Seven and Raffi? It's like trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen.
Both being gay or bi is something I don't care about but there's something that doesn't quite fit. 7 really was never fully in charge of her emotions/self when the series ended so it makes sense that part of her was not explored not to mention it was 20 years ago. 7 needs somebody more orderly and Raffi needs more of an empath. Just adding by orderly I don't mean a rule follower but a more ordered brain just adding I love Worf and Raffi as a team as he's become somewhat of an empath

Goofyernmost

Exactly

On the other hand..

B4 was innocence.

Random thought here but why don't you start a thread on that subject so that others might not have to scroll over it all?
Are you implying I'm a food snob?
I make statements and leave others to make the judgments. 🤔 However, in my defense, I never mentioned any names. Y'all decide for yourselves. 😇

StarWarsGirl

Both being gay or bi is something I don't care about but there's something that doesn't quite fit. 7 really was never fully in charge of her emotions/self when the series ended so it makes sense that part of her was not explored not to mention it was 20 years ago. 7 needs somebody more orderly and Raffi needs more of an empath. Just adding by orderly I don't mean a rule follower but a more ordered brain
Yeah, and see, it needs to be natural. I am fine with diversity and inclusion, but I don't think every show needs to have a gay couple just to check a box.

And also, as much as I love Jeri Ryan, I don't think she can play a bi character. Obviously she and Michelle Hurd don't have the right chemistry; it comes off as them playing best friends instead of lovers. But that's the only reason I don't think Seven being Bi works is because Jeri just can't believably do it.And I think the same is likely true of Michelle Hurd. Honestly, I think I'd rather see a Worf/Raffi pairing at this point. Even though he and Jadzia were perfect for one another, I think Worf and Raffi would also work. Not like Word/Deanna...that one was just weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom