News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

castlecake2.0

I know it'll result in more restricted flow, but I really hope they shut off the bypass soonish and simultaneously finish landscaping the area around the pumping and filtration station, the wedge next to Guest Relations, and the beds left of the now re-opened exit from Project Tomorrow. Having all walls removed from areas that can be viewed when facing the front of Spaceship Earth would be great and would help a lot with the appearance from the monorail.

Also, what's the deal with the area north of Refreshment Port? Seems like that's been a gravel pit for a while. Are they ever going to re-landscape and drop the walls, or is something actually going there?
Curious about that as well. While they’re at it can we please get rid of the empty old Starbucks building? Also they need to move the food kiosk at the end of that path opposite Refreshment Port. That intersection is always a choke point.

DCBaker

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Christmas keeps coming earlier and earlier each year.

1679542674709.png

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Curious about that as well. While they’re at it can we please get rid of the empty old Starbucks building? Also they need to move the food kiosk at the end of that path opposite Refreshment Port. That intersection is always a choke point.
That would also be a good place for a second Starbucks I am just saying.

FigmentForever96

Communicore was very 80's in its architecture. I get that there should be more EPCOT theming in Creations, but modern architecture does make sense in this park. Where it doesn't make sense is the Polynesian Village, Boardwalk, Beach Club etc.
This

Epcot has always been a product of its time while also looking ahead. It was very 80,s than mousegesr, Electric Umbrella etc came and it became 90s. I think the bigger issue is because it was over 20 years before most if it was updated, the change was even more jarring, not to mention many people ended up seeing kr growing up with the 90s Epcot look so it became nostalgic.

I have and always will be a fan of EPCOT Center and wish it could be in that prime again. I’m also realistic and know it’s time for change. I’m actually really excited for the new HUB. FON was great but the new one looks like it’ll be good.

Vinnie Mac

This

Epcot has always been a product of its time while also looking ahead. It was very 80,s than mousegesr, Electric Umbrella etc came and it became 90s. I think the bigger issue is because it was over 20 years before most if it was updated, the change was even more jarring, not to mention many people ended up seeing kr growing up with the 90s Epcot look so it became nostalgic.

I have and always will be a fan of EPCOT Center and wish it could be in that prime again. I’m also realistic and know it’s time for change. I’m actually really excited for the new HUB. FON was great but the new one looks like it’ll be good.
This is gonna get some hate im sure but I think the direction Epcot is going in now is probably better for today's time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom