News 'Ferrytale Fireworks - A Sparkling Dessert Cruise' returns September 18

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Unless I’m misreading this, they are taking a ferry out of regular service for this upcharge thing? Just asking. You all know how I feel about upcharge events already. 😉 (And yes, I did a HEA dessert party. Once.)

JohnD

Unless I’m misreading this, they are taking a ferry out of regular service for this upcharge thing? Just asking. You all know how I feel about upcharge events already. 😉 (And yes, I did a HEA dessert party. Once.)

I don't know how many are in the fleet. It's possible one is set aside for the cruise while two others operate to get guests out of MK in the evening.

TrainsOfDisney

I used to run between illuminations and wishes like a crazy person every night of my vacation. If I got to ttc from Epcot too late, I’d hop the ferry and watch wishes from the boat as I crossed the lagoon.

Once I was hopping from LaNouba to wishes by way of Wilderness Lodge (first bus that came to Downtown Disney)... missed getting in to the park but the boat captain went super slow and let us watch wishes from a perfect spot over the lagoon.

What made Disney magical was these little extra surprises.

Vinnie Mac

It is even more reliant on projections. I would never pay for any of these, especially not when the show is new. Let me get “tired” of seeing it from the middle of Main Street, first.
Yeah, It'll take awhile for me to want to see the show from anywhere else. Same situation with HEA. It took me awhile to be content with seeing it from anywhere else besides the front of the castle.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
For the record:
1. The potter was designed to be used for cruises. That’s why it has a bathroom on board and used to have a built in bar
2. 3 ferries are only put into operation at the open rush and at fireworks exit. Typically shortly before fireworks is when the third ferry is being fired up to go into service.
There’s no decrease in guest service or transportation procedure as a result of this.

I would have loved to be the pilot for one of these! I always tried to give guests a fireworks cruise if I could. I used to sync the music on my phone to wishes and hold the mic to my phone to play the music to the guests on the ferries hehe. Same with the cruisers.

pdude81

Interesting as there are numerous boats. I'd assume this has more to do with construction at GF near the boat docks, but they could just shift the sailings to Poly and WL if that was the only issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom