The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Me too, but I had never even seen any of the movies in most of the years, and a lot of them I had never even heard of.

I really liked your dress, by the way. That's a really nice style!! I wish I could sew that well. I'd make a bunch of dresses for Ella and myself for Disney!!
Thank you!

Songbird76

The other day when I was applying for jobs, there was one place that's like a home improvement store that didn't have any openings, but you could do what they call "Open sollicitation" which is just giving them your resumé and info and if they need someone, they'll notify you. I did that, and got a message today that a position opened that would be "perfect for me" they think, and asked if they could forward my info to the proper department. Yes, please! I'm pretty sure it was an automatic response thing, but hey, it's another possibility.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The other day when I was applying for jobs, there was one place that's like a home improvement store that didn't have any openings, but you could do what they call "Open sollicitation" which is just giving them your resumé and info and if they need someone, they'll notify you. I did that, and got a message today that a position opened that would be "perfect for me" they think, and asked if they could forward my info to the proper department. Yes, please! I'm pretty sure it was an automatic response thing, but hey, it's another possibility.
Peter Pan Love GIF by Schleich Inc.
sending some your way. Do you know what type of position it is

Songbird76

Peter Pan Love GIF by Schleich Inc.
sending some your way. Do you know what type of position it is
Well, it said parttime/vacation help, so that could take a lot of forms, but it would be a general sales position. Stocking shelves, helping customers find stuff, etc. Likely nothing too complicated, since you don't need any particular training or education for it. The job I'm losing is technically a parttime/vacation help position, which just means I don't have set hours. I have no hour requirement to meet. I also have no guarantee of getting hours at all, but up to now, it was never a problem. I always got the hours I set as available. But every company has different requirements. Some make you set a basic schedule and you HAVE to be available at that time every week in case someone is sick or on vacation. The one I have now lets me set my availability each week, which is really good, because then if there's a parent teacher conference, I can just set my availability to "not available" for that night and they can't schedule me. We set it 2 weeks out and they post the schedule a week before, so I always know which hours I'm workin. But I heard someone at the grocery store say that for them, they have to say "I'm available Wednesdays from 8am-2pm" and they can't do it weekly or anything...they have to be ready every Wednesday for the possibility that they'll be called in that day. But you also have no guarantee of any hours at all.

Now that the kids are older, I don't need quite as much flexibility as I had before, so I don't mind working more hours. But I'd kind of like to have more than the 12 I've been getting. DH says we can't afford 2 cars, so I have to find something here in town so I can bike there, OR I have to work evenings, which isn't ideal because I never see him or the kids in the evening, and my sleep schedule is wonky. I'd rather work during the day now, and work closer to 30 hours so we have a bit more money and I get to spend more time with the family.

StarWarsGirl

I started it but stopped halfway through. Kinda hard to choose when you haven't really seen the majority of movies on the list or in some list nothing.

For example 1982....I've only seen ET but I hate ET.
It was weird. Like some years, I hadn't seen any of the movies. But then in 1965, I'd seen three of them. And then it's like, "You probably guessed on some of the older movies..." Well yes, but I actually have seen The Godfather and Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind (unfortunately)

Cesar R M

Ah gotcha! So you have the US visa just in case you want to move there? When do you move to Canada? Did you already get a job there?? I feel like I maybe missed something. I've kind of had to speed through a lot of posts this year because 2023 isn't being kind and I don't always have much time to catch up.
Eeeh no.
The US VISA is for tourism and check with my medical device ( also visit my relatives).
It is not a work or study permit.

The Canadian one is where I want to move permanently. But first I'm getting there as student.

To resume, there are different kinds of VISA.
The most usual is of course, tourism/visit which is granted the most easier to most people.
And it gives you the least privileges.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom