Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

nickys

Premium Member
I could make a lot of bank selling now vs what I paid when I purchased them. It’s tempting. Especially with Disney sticking their middle finger at dvc members and no longer selling annual passes
Resale prices are falling at the moment. Good time for buyers, not so much for sellers.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Resale prices are falling at the moment. Good time for buyers, not so much for sellers.
Falling from the RIDICULOUS upfront and resale prices that have run rampant under Bob?

Yes…

But a more “legacy” owner paid far less and got way better/longer use and more respect…

…we all know that

Disstevefan1

We have AP's but don't feel so lucky these days. We paid alot for them and to have to then pay again for Genie+, LL, etc. (which I refuse to pay) is just too much. The room prices and food prices have skyrocketed and along with really no chance of getting on rides now we will just let them expire.
It’s a tough choice. I know Platinum pass holders who kept renewing and are now the only APs with no blackout dates. While it was expensive to have kept paying throughput the pandemic, now it’s really valuable to have passes with no blackouts, and with the new rule, no PPR needed after 2PM, it’s valuable.

Having said that, I also understand allowing the AP to expire. I kept 3 platinum APs going for about 13 years and let them expire in 2020 because of PPR, even before the rip off that is G+ and ILL.

There are still times I wish I had kept renewing, then I come to my senses.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It’s a tough choice. I know Platinum pass holders who kept renewing and are now the only APs with no blackout dates. While it was expensive to have kept paying throughput the pandemic, now it’s really valuable to have passes with no blackouts, and with the new rule, no PPR needed after 2PM, it’s valuable.

Having said that, I also understand allowing the AP to expire. I kept 3 platinum APs going for about 13 years and let them expire in 2020 because of PPR, even before the rip off that is G+ and ILL.

I’m letting mine expire in June. Just not worth it at the moment

DCBaker

Premium Member
Genie+ has sold out for the day (3/15/23).

IMG_94DF1E22CF26-1.jpeg

DisneyDreamer08

Oh, something random I just thought of that happened last week. When the modify button was first introduced, your two hour cool down period would not reset if you modified a LL. I remember specifically seeing that in a YouTube video. However, last week when I was modifying LLs, every time I modified to a new time, my two hour window would reset. I was attempting to stack a few for the afternoon in Epcot but was basically unsuccessful because everything in Future World was booking pretty much immediately and every time I tried to modify to a later LL time, my two hour window kept getting pushed back. Must be a new update so I thought I would share.

pdude81

Oh, something random I just thought of that happened last week. When the modify button was first introduced, your two hour cool down period would not reset if you modified a LL. I remember specifically seeing that in a YouTube video. However, last week when I was modifying LLs, every time I modified to a new time, my two hour window would reset. I was attempting to stack a few for the afternoon in Epcot but was basically unsuccessful because everything in Future World was booking pretty much immediately and every time I tried to modify to a later LL time, my two hour window kept getting pushed back. Must be a new update so I thought I would share.
Interesting. Were you modifying only your newest one or was it things you'd stacked earlier in the day? I'd expect to hear more about this if it's happening regularly to others.

DisneyDreamer08

Interesting. Were you modifying only your newest one or was it things you'd stacked earlier in the day? I'd expect to hear more about this if it's happening regularly to others.
I was modifying my newest one. Basically, at early entry we went to Frozen. Our first LL was for Remy at 9:30. We had lunch reservations at Spice Road Table so the plan was the stay in the World Showcase all morning then head to Future World in the afternoon. After tapping into Remy, all the Future World LLs were basically booking instantly. I was hoping to get Soarin’ for about 1pm so I took the first available thinking I would just bump it back as it got closer to my desired time. But every time I bumped it back, at the top of the tip board where it says “you can book your next lightning lane at this time” would bump back also. I eventually just cancelled the LL and waited until we were in Future World to start booking them.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Like $1550 a head?

I think “value” is highly debatable now

Disstevefan1

Like $1550 a head?

I think “value” is highly debatable now
So, for the folks who kept renewing their Platinum AP throughout the pandemic, paid $1550 for the latest RENEWAL of their Platinum AP?

My platinum APs expired in 2020, so I was not keeping up with the prices. I think they were around $1000 each back then.

Ayla

I was modifying my newest one. Basically, at early entry we went to Frozen. Our first LL was for Remy at 9:30. We had lunch reservations at Spice Road Table so the plan was the stay in the World Showcase all morning then head to Future World in the afternoon. After tapping into Remy, all the Future World LLs were basically booking instantly. I was hoping to get Soarin’ for about 1pm so I took the first available thinking I would just bump it back as it got closer to my desired time. But every time I bumped it back, at the top of the tip board where it says “you can book your next lightning lane at this time” would bump back also. I eventually just cancelled the LL and waited until we were in Future World to start booking them.
A good update that prevents stacking. 👍

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So, for the folks who kept renewing their Platinum AP throughout the pandemic, paid $1550 for the latest RENEWAL of their Platinum AP?

My platinum APs expired in 2020, so I was not keeping up with the prices. I think they were around $1000 each back then.
I think it was like $1299 plus the last fine they actually sold it?

So that’s like $14 and change?
And gonna go higher.

They were 5/6 days forever…you had DK go about 6 days to break even. So value “down” for sure.

Disstevefan1

I think it was like $1299 plus the last fine they actually sold it?

So that’s like $14 and change?
And gonna go higher.

They were 5/6 days forever…you had DK go about 6 days to break even. So value “down” for sure.
For sure the value has gone down because of PPRs.

PPRs is what really forced me personally to stop renewing. Because of health issues we CAN'T plan.

Touchdown

Still a value proposition for me, my sister sprung on me that Oct 2023 was going to be their once in a lifetime trip to WDW, and with the DL MK being more expensive and without the resort loophole for park reservations, and theirs selling out more often, I renewed a few weeks ago. Wish those lawsuits would end so that I could go back to rotating APs again, sigh.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Still a value proposition for me, my sister sprung on me that Oct 2023 was going to be their once in a lifetime trip to WDW, and with the DL MK being more expensive and without the resort loophole for park reservations, and theirs selling out more often, I renewed a few weeks ago. Wish those lawsuits would end so that I could go back to rotating APs again, sigh.
How does that affect “value”?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom