Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I disagree. My assumption is that this was a glitch in new software update if the prior poster had this behavior. If this is truly what they planned then it devalues the product further and pushes more people to use them during the day rather than "waste" their windows.
That is almost assuring you get very limited use…which is probably mathematically what they SHOULD do…but provides zero real value to the buyer.

It’s literally just buying the rides you already paid for on a rationed schedule then.
Stacking at least gives you a chances of having an actual convenient schedule.

This doesn’t

Disstevefan1

I disagree. My assumption is that this was a glitch in new software update if the prior poster had this behavior. If this is truly what they planned then it devalues the product further and pushes more people to use them during the day rather than "waste" their windows.
The Walt Disney Company is a world leader in devaluing their own products.

Touchdown

I’m just tired of trying to figure out all the rules and “hacks”. The system is way more confusing than it needs to be.
Don’t do it then. Stay on site, arrive at parks 30-45 min before EE, do the headliners in the first two hours, do high capacity stuff after that, and if you have to, do one headliner with a longer wait midday, hop, do the high capacity rides first, unless you catch a headliner with a short line, otherwise wait until the last two hours. If you are willing to early entry rope drop and close, you do not need Genie.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don’t do it then. Stay on site, arrive at parks 30-45 min before EE, do the headliners in the first two hours, do high capacity stuff after that, and if you have to, do one headliner with a longer wait midday, hop, do the high capacity rides first, unless you catch a headliner with a short line, otherwise wait until the last two hours. If you are willing to early entry rope drop and close, you do not need Genie.
You have to thread a needle to get much done that way.

It also sounds like a job…not a vacation.

Touchdown

You have to thread a needle to get much done that way.

It also sounds like a job…not a vacation.
I enjoy it still, it’s a really great exercise plan too. It’s only “regimented” for the first and last 2 hours. The middle of the day I just do whatever I feel like that has a short line.

Disstevefan1

I agree, whatever "Skip the wait" system is in use, early entry and staying just before close really helps to get on attractions.

Also jumping on an attraction during parades and fireworks works sometimes.

Fido Chuckwagon

Oh, something random I just thought of that happened last week. When the modify button was first introduced, your two hour cool down period would not reset if you modified a LL. I remember specifically seeing that in a YouTube video. However, last week when I was modifying LLs, every time I modified to a new time, my two hour window would reset. I was attempting to stack a few for the afternoon in Epcot but was basically unsuccessful because everything in Future World was booking pretty much immediately and every time I tried to modify to a later LL time, my two hour window kept getting pushed back. Must be a new update so I thought I would share.
Uggh, that stinks.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
I’m just tired of trying to figure out all the rules and “hacks”. The system is way more confusing than it needs to be.
One Hundred Sgn GIF by SomeGoodNews

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Stacking is supposed to be a feature, not a bug.

People who go the park later in the day should have the same access to the number of LLs as someone who enters at park opening.

Because of the 2 hour cool down, those who stack are limited to the number of LLs they can stack, just like people there early in the day.

Tho, theoretically, those there early can get more LLs by chosing the next available LL and then immediately grabbing a new one when they tap into the queue. But, they wind up grabbing more of the lower tier rides by doing so.

SingleRider

Epcot just under two weeks ago, in order:

Rode Frozen during early entry
Test Track single rider walk on near park opening
Guardians VQ - walked directly to the preshow holding room
Soarin - 10 minute wait
Got to Remy just over an hour past park opening. Posted 45, only waited 20 minutes.

Done with all the headliners within the first two hours of park opening. No Genie+ needed.

Touchdown

Epcot just under two weeks ago, in order:

Rode Frozen during early entry
Test Track single rider walk on near park opening
Guardians VQ - walked directly to the preshow holding room
Soarin - 10 minute wait
Got to Remy just over an hour past park opening. Posted 45, only waited 20 minutes.

Done with all the headliners within the first two hours of park opening. No Genie+ needed.
Bingo, it’s a lot of walking but it’s what I do as well.
MK-SDMT, PPF, BTMRR, PotC, HM
DHS-Rise, Slinky or TSMM depending on Slinky line, MMRR, ToT (until line>30 min,) RnRC SRL
AK-FoP, NRJ, Safari, Dino x2. EE SRL marathon squeezed into seeing FotLK and FNBBW

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I enjoy it still, it’s a really great exercise plan too. It’s only “regimented” for the first and last 2 hours. The middle of the day I just do whatever I feel like that has a short line.
What was it like the first day you set foot in a Disney park?

…because big shot Bob intentionally made it THIS…not that.

nickys

Premium Member
A good update that prevents stacking. đź‘Ť
It doesn’t prevent stacking at all, and I doubt they have any intention to do that - otherwise they’ll be inundated with complaints when someone books at 7am and gets a 5pm Slinky return time.

If it is a consistent and intended change, which isn’t yet clear, it’s a retrograde step IMO and reduces the usefulness of G+.

However I’m not convinced that this is a change as such, because I do remember the estimated time for next booking wasn’t always accurate.

I was modifying my newest one. Basically, at early entry we went to Frozen. Our first LL was for Remy at 9:30. We had lunch reservations at Spice Road Table so the plan was the stay in the World Showcase all morning then head to Future World in the afternoon. After tapping into Remy, all the Future World LLs were basically booking instantly. I was hoping to get Soarin’ for about 1pm so I took the first available thinking I would just bump it back as it got closer to my desired time. But every time I bumped it back, at the top of the tip board where it says “you can book your next lightning lane at this time” would bump back also. I eventually just cancelled the LL and waited until we were in Future World to start booking them.

I remember that at Christmas when we modified that predicted time didn’t stay static; I would set alarms for when we could next book and it didn’t always match the time showing in MDE. I’m wondering if you actually could have booked based on the initial booking time … did you ever try that or did you cancel it before trying?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom