Disney Genie and Genie+ at Walt Disney World

Riviera Rita

Yes - became an issue about an hour ago. Disney is aware - you may need to visit one of the Guest Experience Team areas and have them help. If you have someone else in your group with a My Disney Experience account, have them check as not all accounts are affected.
I didn't have that, but, I had booked the Genie+before my trip for the entire 14 days at the UK price before they stopped doing it and the first four days it kept telling me I needed to purchase Genie+ after I used the pass I booked at 7am. I finally lost the plot of having to go to guest services to have it reset (and being told it wouldn't happen again) when I was at BTMR and had to traipse the whole way back to guest services because when I got to the guest experience team they told me they couldn't work it out. The CM at guest services was awful, rude, uncaring and disappeared off for over half an hour, she came back and assured me, as other had done before her, that it was sorted out for the trip, but, no apology for all the inconvenience of the previous four days. I wish I could name and shame her, she had a very unusual name I'd only ever seen once before in a movie, but, it wouldn't be fair.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Honestly ridiculous, says all these things then just lets it all carry on...
…it was as clear as Saran Wrap…

…and yet people will still defend him until the walls are breached…blame chapek…blame their labor shortages…defend their upsell strategy, etc etc etc

Saw he was at the Oscar’s last night…time would have been better served interviewing successors 😎

thomas998

C'mon...practically no one interviews for a job on the weekend.
People interviewing for CEO could very well be interviewing on a weekend, this isn't a job where you send in a resume or fill out an appliction, it is one of the old boy jobs where it get decided over drinks or on a golf course. I could easily imagine him trying to feel out someone at an after party if he was looking for someone with connection to the entertainment industry.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
C'mon...practically no one interviews for a job on the weekend.
zip recruiter is open 24/7…

…and why wouldn’t he fake looking for a successor anyway? His Napoleon ego wants to be begged to stay…just like before. It’s like feeding a dog raw filet mignon for a year and then trying to give him Carrot sticks…
…it was a mistake to play that game from the jump. Some of us knew.
Doesn’t take a “genius” to be a ceo when everyone is stock drunk…everything goes up.

As an aside…spoke with an acquaintance who is a high up in a credit card (don’t leave home without it…) and they see defaults mounting and the ship is going down…
Only a matter of time.
Moral of the story: don’t buy a stupid dvc contract right now. I mean it…

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

…and why wouldn’t he fake looking for a successor anyway? His Napoleon ego wants to be begged to stay…just like before. It’s like feeding a dog raw filet mignon for a year and then trying to give him Carrot sticks…
Doesn’t take a “genius” to be a ceo when everyone is stock drunk…everything goes up.

As an aside…spoke with an acquaintance who is a high up in a credit card (don’t leave home without it…) and they see defaults mounting and the ship is going down…
Only a matter of time.
I’m actually debating selling mine. Hmmm 🤔

Ayla

Only a matter of time.
I know you hate the guy, but even for you, expecting him to be interviewing people on the weekend is a stretch.

Disstevefan1

Iger on interviewing his replacement:
“I am working very hard interviewing possible replacements; nights, weekends, day and night since zip recruiter is open 24/7, I even snuck one in on Oscar night. (Tom Cruise got robbed by the way), I want to very careful in my choice as I don’t want to make a mistake in picking a successor again. I am willing to stay on as long as is necessary, even if it takes 20 years”

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger on interviewing his replacement:
“I am working very hard interviewing possible replacements; nights, weekends, day and night since zip recruiter is open 24/7, I even snuck one in on Oscar night. (Tom Cruise got robbed by the way), I want to very careful in my choice as I don’t want to make a mistake in picking a successor again. I am willing to stay on as long as is necessary, even if it takes 20 years”
…we kid…
…but then again 🤔

wendysue

A lot will have APs. They’re the lucky ones who can buy them.
We have AP's but don't feel so lucky these days. We paid alot for them and to have to then pay again for Genie+, LL, etc. (which I refuse to pay) is just too much. The room prices and food prices have skyrocketed and along with really no chance of getting on rides now we will just let them expire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom