News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

drew81

76D11E1F-3786-42D1-9CFB-2E8E113A281D.jpeg

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I understand that the swag given out to to every paid for blogger and influencer was a free 1 day sub-economy car rental from ENTERPRISE Rent A Car!

Furiated!

I did not say "less appeal". I said "less universal appeal". They're going to run out of hardcore Tron fans willing to shell out the money to travel to the park (unless there's a huge number of hardcore Tron fans in Orlando or within a 4-5 hour drive), jump through their park reservations hoops, pay to get into the park, and then pay for an action figure more quickly then they realize.

That's fair. And I'm biased because I love Tron, but I still think this would be more appealing than the Navi figure. We'll see how the actual figures turn out with someone's likeness. A big turn off for me on the Navi ones was that I didn't think they looked like the people they scanned. Unlike the old Star Wars ones that came out great.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

montyz81

Pricing announced for the TRON Identity Program retail experience to open at the new Tomorrowland Launch Depot in Magic Kingdom​

More chances to get Mickey's fat fingers into the wallet. The value of the price of admission continues to erode. In 1982, this would have been part of the cost of admission.

Furiated!

Pricing announced for the TRON Identity Program retail experience to open at the new Tomorrowland Launch Depot in Magic Kingdom​

I'm actually pleasantly surprised, I expected it to be way more.

Ayla

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Id consider myself fairly die-hard TRON fan but I have no interest in this, and not even because of the price. I'm more interested in the retro gear that I hope they add to over the next few months.

No Name

You would think that Disney would have given Cindy Morgan a proper Tron shirt. Not sure how they let an actress who starred in the orginal movie wear a Tron Cryptocurrency shirt she got off Amazon. How pathetic.
Haha wow, I didn’t even notice that. I’m not a huge fan of these shoddy media events 3 weeks before opening and then pretty much nothing on opening day.

IveBeenJack

Good to see Disney's media team are on top of stuff 😂

At the official dedication ceremony for TRON Lightcycle Run - Cindy Morgan who played Lora in TRON (1982) wore a TRON shirt... but not the movie TRON but the crypto currency called TRON instead! 🤦‍♂️Easy mistake to make on her part, but unbelievable that someone on Disney's media team didn't catch before the official ceremony. They are PAID to notice things like that! Guess they were too busy drinking and partying in a closed off Tomorrowland.

Oh and if that isn't bad enough, all of the media/influencers who went along were told to use hashtag #TRON. But no one at Disney has checked and seen that the hashflag emoji is of the crypto and links back to the crypto. So all these influencer tweets have free promotion for a crypto currency!

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 12.22.07.png

FrOn4IdWIAQiS53.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom