News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I’ve got to think Ops would throw a fit if then end up closing all of Dinoland - ie losing Dinosaur, Triceratops Spin, even the Boneyard - all at once if they work on Moana and Zootopia together. The park really can’t handle that kind of capacity loss.
That’s a good point. Rafiki’s Planet Watch seems like a much wiser place honestly to rip and replace if they are going to do something like zootopia. Take the train to the city even though I cringe at the thought of that landscape in Animal Kingdom.

Rteetz

That’s a good point. Rafiki’s Planet Watch seems like a much wiser place honestly to rip and replace if they are going to do something like zootopia. Take the train to the city even though I cringe at the thought of that landscape in Animal Kingdom.
The problem with that is Rafikis isn't something you can just get rid of. It's an animal care facility. So they would have to move it at the very least.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The problem with that is Rafikis isn't something you can just get rid of. It's an animal care facility. So they would have to move it at the very least.
I was thinking of keeping part of the petting zoo and animal care facility as a part of the zootopia theme (somehow)

doctornick

That’s a good point. I know spent a ton of time at that playground and bone digging place with my daughter as she was growing up. It was always popular
I actually think the Boneyard - the best “playground” I’ve seen at a Disney park - combined with just losing a dinosaur presence at DAK is why I’d be really sad to see Dinoland go away. I can give or take Dinosaur as a ride. The Boneyard is awesome.

UNCgolf

Plus, there's no way to get people to/from there.

That train doesn't have nearly enough capacity to work as transportation for a bigger attraction, and it's really too far to have a walking path without building other things along the way. You don't want to have guests walk for 10 minutes through empty space.

SteamboatJoe

I have to imagine any expansion beyond current development would be into the vacant space east of Africa and north of Asia. While not geographically accurate, I have always wanted to see that become South America. The Three Caballeros could move in and make room for Coco in Mexico. Up and Encanto would fit in too (if IPs are a must).

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I have to imagine any expansion beyond current development would be into the vacant space east of Africa and north of Asia. While not geographically accurate, I have always wanted to see that become South America. The Three Caballeros could move in and make room for Coco in Mexico. Up and Encanto would fit in too (if IPs are a must).
Interesting idea. I would much rather see coco and encanto around the Mexican pavilion at Epcot. I believe there is an expansion pad next to Mexico as well (around where Donald takes photos) that could always be used?

UNCgolf

Moana still doesn't fit in Animal Kingdom.

I agree, but there are ways to massage it and make it kind of fit. Zootopia doesn't even have that going for it; it's not really any different than if they built TRON in the Primeval Whirl spot. I mean, there are ways you could make Zootopia (or anything) fit, but it would be so far removed from the actual IP that it would be pointless.

Fox&Hound

Why would a Zootopia retheme of Dinosaur equate to getting rid of the boneyard play area? It would be adorable as Little Rodentia from the movie with colorful characters added in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom