PRIDE: Community

DKampy

I recently saw A Man Called Otto…which I thought was pretty good…there is a trans character in the movie… and without giving any major spoilers away what I think is great Tom Hanks did not portray the typical grumpy man as racist bigot who has a redemption act…he is a sweet man who just is having issues(these are not spoilers) in fact most people in the movie treat the trans character as just as any other person…which brings me to my point…this movie is playing best in middle America especially in the red States where it is doing quite well…My little town’s theater in Wisconsin was nearly sold out…despite what some people on the internet will say about checking boxes…most normal people in America don’t care

BuddyThomas

RIP Everett Quinton, queer theatre legend. Last seen in Bros playing the guy doing his Estate planning with Luke Macfarlane. It was an honor having him star in one of my plays off-Broadway in 2010. He was a class act all around.

BuddyThomas

This is great news. I was a little concerned that Night would screw up the film adaptation of Paul Trenblay’s absolutely amazing novel, but from the early reviews, it sounds like he nailed it. Can’t wait to see this one.

BuddyThomas

Horror movie with two gay dads as the lead protagonists expected to knock Avatar out of first place this weekend.

DKampy

This is great news. I was a little concerned that Night would screw up the film adaptation of Paul Trenblay’s absolutely amazing novel, but from the early reviews, it sounds like he nailed it. Can’t wait to see this one.

I am excited for this…I am a Night fan…he does not always hit it out of the park…but always take pretty big swings…I will admit I like some movies of his that others don’t like “The Village“ and “Old”…with the reviews so far have me over hyped

BuddyThomas

I am excited for this…I am a Night fan…he does not always hit it out of the park…but always take pretty big swings…I will admit I like some movies of his that others don’t like “The Village“ and “Old”…with the reviews so far have me over hyped
I read the book, which is great. I remain concerned how this adaptation is going to play. Seeing it Sunday afternoon. Thanks for being a friend to the community.

DKampy

I read the book, which is great. I remain concerned how this adaptation is going to play. Seeing it Sunday afternoon. Thanks for being a friend to the community.
yeah I heard the book was great…I was going to read it before the movie…but thought I want to remain spoiler free. I get how people who liked the book might be nervous…since I heard the ending was changed

awww Thanks for noticing but I will never understand prejudice or bigotry of any kind…who you are does not determine what type of person you are

BuddyThomas

yeah I heard the book was great…I was going to read it before the movie…but thought I want to remain spoiler free. I get how people who liked the book might be nervous…since I heard the ending was changed

awww Thanks for noticing but I will never understand prejudice or bigotry of any kind…who you are does not determine what type of person you are
You are awesome. Thanks again.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am a Night fan…
Thank-you for calling Night by his name! I saw a Dave Bautista interview and Dave just kept calling him "Night" rather matter of factly.

The initial "initial M" means that Night doesn't go by his given first name. That's why it's initialized. It would be like if a friend of President Kennedy kept calling him "John F."
Hi, John F., how's everything going? Can I get you drink, John F.?

If I hear one more person refer to him as "Emnight," I'm going to spit nickels.

Thank-you for attending my TED-Peeve Talk.

DKampy

The episode will have the last laugh on the bombers… it probably is going to cement itself as one of the greatest single episodes in the history of television

I am just wondering what the haters narrative going to be when the ratings continue to do well

BuddyThomas

We saw this on Sunday. I have thoughts, especially because we both read the book and the ending is completely different and not for the best. But overall it is a solid film.

However, I just read this, and it offers some stuff that I never thought about. This is full of spoilers, but worth a read once you’ve seen it.

DKampy

We saw this on Sunday. I have thoughts, especially because we both read the book and the ending is completely different and not for the best. But overall it is a solid film.

However, I just read this, and it offers some stuff that I never thought about. This is full of spoilers, but worth a read once you’ve seen it.

Yes I saw this also on Sunday…As I was watching it I really enjoyed it and thought it was well made, but then afterwards I could not decide if I liked it or not as I was not sure how I felt about the ending…I never read the book….so I was then curious what the original ending was….so one of the first things I did was look up the cliff notes version on Wikipedia and I could see how that would be an interesting way to go

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom