News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

At least SWGE was based on Star Wars canon. This sounds like they are writing the story of what might have happened, had there been a second movie. Thus, the story in TBA becomes canon. Now, if there ever is a second movie, the movie storyline is going to have to tie into the attraction.
Close, but it's a sequel D+ series that this ride and its story are tying into

_caleb

At least SWGE was based on Star Wars canon. This sounds like they are writing the story of what might have happened, had there been a second movie. Thus, the story in TBA becomes canon. Now, if there ever is a second movie, the movie storyline is going to have to tie into the attraction.

EPCOT-O.G.

Not sure who you’re referring to with “they,” but I assure you WDI has some very bright people.
Too bad none of them are working on the new ride, based on this official update on the construction

_caleb

Too bad none of them are working on the new ride, based on this official update on the construction

EPCOT-O.G.

It may be unpopular but I enjoy a well done book report ride. I’m bummed that this won’t be one of them. The story/movie/plot already has the makings of a great translation to the Splash ride… oh well…

I don’t want to be secret ingredient.
This is a book report ride.

Unfortunately the book is Empowering Diverse Food Co-Ops of Early 20th Century Louisiana

Disney Analyst

This backstory so far doesn't place me into the world of Tiana that I had hoped to see. I just want a magical bayou adventure, dammit.

Can they make it a little less convoluted? Simplicity is fine.

I really hope this is just another crazy backstory most ignore, and the ride itself is just simple, magical fun.

UNCgolf

That's a very modern story transplanted back in time a century; it feels really anachronistic. Some anachronisms are fine for the sake of a theme park (and even necessary, especially in a ride like this one), but this doesn't sound like a good fit.

I also agree that it doesn't seem like a great choice for a ride with a 50 foot drop.

Who knows how it will actually look/feel when finished, though? It's possible this is all elaborate backstory/queue filler that will barely matter for the actual attraction.

EPCOT-O.G.

She has an accounting and finance background, and just got into the creative side with MMRR, in which she was co-lead with Kevin Rafferty. No clear experience or background to speak of for a task like this, but we’ll see how it turns out!

ToTBellHop

This backstory so far doesn't place me into the world of Tiana that I had hoped to see. I just want a magical bayou adventure, dammit.

Can they make it a little less convoluted? Simplicity is fine.

I really hope this is just another crazy backstory most ignore, and the ride itself is just simple, magical fun.
If this must be the backstory, make the ride like an Indiana Jones quest.

Tiana Jones and the Quest for the Crystal Carrot

_caleb

She has an accounting and finance background, and just got into the creative side with MMRR, in which she was co-lead with Kevin Rafferty. No clear experience or background to speak of for a task like this, but we’ll see how it turns out!
We were talking about intelligence. You said none of them (intelligent people) were working on Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. I’m assuming it was just a sarcastic way to express your disapproval with the PaTF retheme or the new backstory announcement, but I just wanted you to know that an intelligent person is leading the project.

Drdcm

Ok I’m going to hold on hope, I really try to be optimistic. This backstory also seems pretty lame at face value to me at least…

“The humans and Na'vi are attempting to restore the banshee population to natural levels, after the mining tactics caused by the Resources Development Administration generations prior. Alpha Centauri Expeditions (ACE) has reactivated the avatar program through the Pandora Conservation Initiative as a method of conducting research, and allows guests to link with an avatar to fly on an Ikran (known as a "Banshee" by humans) to partake in the Na'vi's tribal coming-of-age tradition.”

I’m not thinking about collecting research data when I’m flying through the air in a banshee. I’m also not thinking about mining tactics and resource depletion.

Casper Gutman

What’s neat is that the ride’s plot makes me much, much less interested in the show.

Synergy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom