News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

celluloid

Okay your now Disney.

How would you market it?

“Oh nothing to see here, just a boring coaster that the majority of you didn’t know already existed in Shanghai, but surprise, it does, so this is lame, and don’t book a trip”

I think one can understand the point of a marketer's job while still claiming specifically that the powers that be, and their lack of reinvestment back into the most profitable theme park they have, made marketing's job a lot harder.

Last edited:

TTA94

Looking forward to riding this when the hype dies down and during special event nights where it’s almost or is a walk on.

jaxonp

Related question- it says there is a pocket for wallet/phone/glasses. Can you really not wear glasses? If not, as someone who only wears Rx glasses (not contacts), I wouldn’t be able to see enough to enjoy it. I’ve never had an issue on other coasters, including RnRC.

I wore glasses in Shanghai and had zero problem. This coaster is not intense so not sure what the issues will be?

Tonto

Gotta love how they are making this out to be a "groundbreaking" new ride... its existed for years Disney, this is just a copy and paste. Nothing groundbreaking here besides your absolute failure in getting this ride built in any reasonable timeframe.
Calling this ride copy and paste is just silly. It is new. It is revolutionary imo. Not going to go to Shanghai, likely ever like most people, so yes this it is unique. I'm going this summer because I haven't been on TRON, GOTG, or Ratatouille. Can't wait.

Haters gonna hate.

lazyboy97o

Calling this ride copy and paste is just silly. It is new. It is revolutionary imo. Not going to go to Shanghai, likely ever like most people, so yes this it is unique. I'm going this summer because I haven't been on TRON, GOTG, or Ratatouille. Can't wait.

Haters gonna hate.
TRON is as close to a copy and paste as can be done. That is a key reason why it was built. There is nothing silly about recognizing that fact.

It is also not revolutionary or groundbreaking. The big gimmick of the ride vehicles uses Vekoma’s third generation of the vehicle design.

You can be excited and still acknowledge these facts.

Ayla

Okay your now Disney.

How would you market it?

“Oh nothing to see here, just a boring coaster that the majority of you didn’t know already existed in Shanghai, but surprise, it does, so this is lame, and don’t book a trip”

Hey kids, come ride something based on an easily-forgotten movie from 41 years ago that no one watched...it's the next greatest thing!

Bocabear

well not to hate, but it is pretty much copy and paste... and there were better parks to place it in. I am glad we are getting this at WDW...but it is not original anymore or groundbreaking...and my only complaint on the Shanghai version ( which is the same) is the ride length...you just get started and it is over... but it is pretty.

Tonto

TRON is as close to a copy and paste as can be done. That is a key reason why it was built. There is nothing silly about recognizing that fact.

It is also not revolutionary or groundbreaking. The big gimmick of the ride vehicles uses Vekoma’s third generation of the vehicle design.

You can be excited and still acknowledge these facts.
The ride is in one location globally. It’s a unique and groundbreaking experience for a majority of the people attending. Not sure where else I’m going to go to get this experience. It goes beyond vehicle design but the whole project as a whole. Again, for me it is revolutionary and groundbreaking when you look at the project as a whole. You want to call it copy and paste go for it. With that said there is nothing factual about your facts. It is an opinion.

lazyboy97o

The ride is in one location globally. It’s a unique and groundbreaking experience for a majority of the people attending. Not sure where else I’m going to go to get this experience. It goes beyond vehicle design but the whole project as a whole. Again, for me it is revolutionary and groundbreaking when you look at the project as a whole. You want to call it copy and paste go for it. With that said there is nothing factual about your facts. It is an opinion.
How was it not a copy and paste?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Work continues on the TRON Lightcycle Run marquee signage​

Tron_Full_50209.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom