News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
TBH that would be the best outcome, it was pretty timeless and overall very well recieved.

I:ROE v2 would be great. Introduce projection mapping on every showcase building / monument, throw some on SSE, maybe add some drone lighting and you're done. I'd keep the globe and barge but maybe redesign it to be larger. I know theres hight limits on what can fit in the lagoon but theres ways around it (e.g have the globe sections fold down so they can fit under the bridge without needing to raise it).
I don’t think projection mapping around world showcase would work. People want to view the lagoon not turn around

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think that part is beautiful but I feel like an almost equal emotional impact could have been made with a WOC style fountain display while the white shells launched. The globe wasn't what made ROE, the soundtrack is what made ROE. The globe was the identifier for the show but not the thing that made it beloved.
To be honest I think RoE was one of the rare things that was greater than the sum of its parts. Each part was a 1, but add all 10 parts together and you got 15. Not easy to do.

For the first decade anyway.

vikescaper

When we were at EPCOT on Saturday, we thought about watching Harmonious one last time since we probably won’t be back to EPCOT until May. We decided not to and watch the Beacon of Magic shows instead.

ppete1975

anyone think they could lean heavy on drones, there is some cool stuff now and other places have done it including Disney, And it could be done over the lake for safety. I saw a drone show recently that cost our company very very very little and it was pretty cool what they did for super cheap. Disney could probably do something stunning, and wouldnt mess with sight lines during the day.

bcoachable

I wonder and dream- could one use underwater drones to create a light show just below the surface? Of course we need sky activity as well… but how neat would it be to see the lagoon lit up from just below?

ToTBellHop

I wonder and dream- could one use underwater drones to create a light show just below the surface? Of course we need sky activity as well… but how neat would it be to see the lagoon lit up from just below?
It would be great for the 3% of guests without a guest in front of them or shrubs blocking the water view.

They are going for a show with FEWER sight line issues. That’s why they bailed on Plan A, which featured Bob Chapek on a hay bale each evening sharing his views on Walt Disney’s vision for Epcot.

bcoachable

It would be great for the 3% of guests without a guest in front of them or shrubs blocking the water view.

They are going for a show with FEWER sight line issues. That’s why they bailed on Plan A, which featured Bob Chapek on a hay bale each evening sharing his views on Walt Disney’s vision for Epcot.
Hmm- good point! Sight lines were a big issue (for me at least) with Harm. - I’m gonna sit on this “water drone” idea and keep dreaming in my little armchair Imagineering seat, however, if that’s ok with you!

ToTBellHop

As much as I can’t wait for the tacos to go, I do like how they ended harmonious with the lights and music shutting off before the last shells are released. Nice impact
I think the tacos are GREAT during the NYE show. I actually think next year’s show will be a bit less impactful without them.

Vinnie Mac

I think the tacos are GREAT during the NYE show. I actually think next year’s show will be a bit less impactful without them.
That is the one thing. The 4th of July show and the NYE show have never looked better and im sure POE would have looked incredible too with the barges. Win some you lose some though. Hopefully new show infrastructure will do the holiday shows justice

Surfin' Tuna

That is the one thing. The 4th of July show and the NYE show have never looked better and im sure POE would have looked incredible too with the barges. Win some you lose some though. Hopefully new show infrastructure will do the holiday shows justice
I certainly don't hate them on those two nights. But, I would gladly go without them if it means the other 363 nights I do not have to deal with them. Let's not forget, even on those two nights it is still 365 days when they ruin the view across the lagoon. If they leave, I promise none of us will wish they were back during any tag.

Nottamus

Harmonius out-

I sure hope they change the music as you are leaving the park.

The tapestry of nations they used to play out would be a nice little gift. And wouldn’t cost wdw a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom