News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The height requirement is (was) 40 inches?

The average 4 year old is around 40 inches tall.

Now will a 4 year old get on with that drop? Maybe not, but it really doesn’t seem to be a big deal?

Many kids (adults included) will ride, some will not.
Many photopass pictures show such younglings on the ride.

Not necessarily with faces of pure joy.

brb1006

“Mommy mommy can we ride Tiana’s ride?”

”I’m sorry sweetie. The company didn’t think about the target demographic for the IP when they forgot about the ride system height requirement. Again.”
I'm already seeing a lot of little girl's wearing Tiana dresses leaving Tiana's Bayou Adventure throwing tantrums due to their costumes all soaked in water. Especially in the hot Florida sun and humidity. :hilarious:

Sir_Cliff

What I wanna know, is that the imagineers rode the ride today, to point things out. Is this their only ride they've taken? If so, beware, this is NOT being taken seriously.
That would be... weird.

I find it exceedingly difficult to believe the Imagineers would have been working on this for the past few years and just suddenly realised they'd better get to MK to actually ride the attraction once before it closed.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
That would be... weird.

I find it exceedingly difficult to believe the Imagineers would have been working on this for the past few years and just suddenly realised they'd better get to MK to actually ride the attraction once before it closed.
That concerns me. That and the fact that they did so on the last day with so many guesting wanting to ride and they took up a log to do it

Sir_Cliff

That concerns me. That and the fact that they did so on the last day with so many guesting wanting to ride and they took up a log to do it
But that picture wasn't from the last day, was it?

I don't know why they were riding during operating hours, though I think the poster mentioned the ride had been down during the morning so I guess the intention had been to ride before opening and it went down.

peter11435

What I wanna know, is that the imagineers rode the ride today, to point things out. Is this their only ride they've taken? If so, beware, this is NOT being taken seriously.
No, but it was their last chance to ride for a long time. Also riding the ride is not necessary to take the project seriously. The original project team for splash mountain certainly took their project seriously and there was no ride for them to ride before it was built.

SpectreJordan

I think the most trouble I am having with today (at least on social media) is people using other people's sadness/goodbyes as an excuse to call them something they are not. And the reason I find it troubling is those very people spent the better part of the last 30 years riding and enjoying Splash Mountain just as much as anyone. The whole thing is so tired.

It's done, let people enjoy it for the last time. Then let's redirect our attention to the new attraction.
Terminally online Twitter users always have to have some snide comment about everything, no matter the fanbase or topic. They think they're funny but they just come off as if they're from Mean Girls.

CaptainAmerica

“Mommy mommy can we ride Tiana’s ride?”

”I’m sorry sweetie. The company didn’t think about the target demographic for the IP when they forgot about the ride system height requirement. Again.”
I think you're underestimating the height of young children. My son is 2 and he's already at Slinky and Mine Train height.

The peak princess crowd should be solidly 40 inches.

peter11435

I think you're underestimating the height of young children. My son is 2 and he's already at Slinky and Mine Train height.

This. Complaints about the height requirement and Target demographic are hyperbole. Most children will hit the height requirement while they are 3 or earlier

Sir_Cliff

I know we've gone over this (and everything else) a million times in the thread, but I really don't think they would have designed a new Princess & the Frog attraction as one of MK's biggest thrill rides if they were building it from scratch. Maybe something with mild thrills like the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, but I strongly suspect they would have judged that final drop too intense for the film's target demographic even if they could technically make the height requirement.

Plenty of people in this thread have mentioned themselves building up the courage to ride Splash, so I don't think it's hyperbole to imagine the thrill element will be off-putting to plenty of young children.

At any rate, they're doing it, so we'll see what happens when it opens. I also get the reasons why this is the IP they chose for this attraction... which we've also gone over a million times by now!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom