Have you stayed at Pop Century but wished you upgraded?

HerefortheFood

Original Poster
My wife and I have booked into Pop Century because my wife is the type of “only time we will be spending in our room will be for sleeping”. On the surface, it has everything we need - the big attraction is the Skyliner. And we aren’t the pickiest people for hotels.

But the next moderate hotel offered through our travel wholesaler is Caribbean Beach which is like $700 more which is a lot of money.

I don’t know - I just wanted to do something nice for my wife.

When staying in Pop Century, did you wish you stayed at a better place?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I have stayed at most WDW resorts and would not hesitate to return to Pop Century. The rooms are well appointed and the beds are quite comfy. The theming is fun. The food court has a wide variety and you can’t beat the convenience of the Skyliner.

If you spend the majority of your time in the parks, Pop is a perfect choice!

Smiley/OCD

We have stayed at:
CBR
BW
GF
AoA
ASM
SS

I agree with your wife…for the amount of time you’re in the room, I DON’T need frou-frou. Clean and comfy bed, clean room & bathroom and a TV that works and I’m happy…we’ve stayed at POP 5 times and loved it. Would stay again in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Raxel7851

I'm in the minority here so far i guess. I stayed at Pop once and won't go back. The value's just aren't for us. The rooms are to small for us.
The rooms are on the small side. It’s just 2 of, us so it’s not too bad. I can see where a family would be cramped in there. We typically do a split stay when we do Pop. We’ll stay there first, then move on to our next resort.

DisAl

The rooms are on the small side. It’s just 2 of, us so it’s not too bad. I can see where a family would be cramped in there. We typically do a split stay when we do Pop. We’ll stay there first, then move on to our next resort.
Since the second bed folds up and gives you a table you will probably find the room to be plenty big. POP is our preferred location.

MissViv

I have booked Pop many times but always ended upgraded. There are usually 2 of us that need 2 beds and just not sure of the murphy bed (comfort wise).

You can't beat the price though and the skyliner is great!

jinx8402

I have booked Pop many times but always ended upgraded. There are usually 2 of us that need 2 beds and just not sure of the murphy bed (comfort wise).

You can't beat the price though and the skyliner is great!
Murphy bed is the exact same as the queen bed. Same mattress, both are platform beds. So comfort is exactly the same.

I've stayed at POP 3 times and it is a great resort for what it is. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Skibum1970

At the risk of sounded "elitist" when I'm really not, has anyone had trouble with bedbugs at the values versus the moderates? I have really wanted to stay at Pop Century to save money but my wife has always been worried about bedbugs. Personally, I figure that we probably stand the same chance at running into the critters at Port Orleans (favored resort) as at Pop.

Second question. Are the rooms quieter or about the same as the moderates?

I have really been tempted to stay at a value but just had a couple concerns that are probably not warranted.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
At the risk of sounded "elitist" when I'm really not, has anyone had trouble with bedbugs at the values versus the moderates? I have really wanted to stay at Pop Century to save money but my wife has always been worried about bedbugs. Personally, I figure that we probably stand the same chance at running into the critters at Port Orleans (favored resort) as at Pop.

I have really been tempted to stay at a value but just had a couple concerns that are probably not warranted.
Never had bedbugs at any WDW resort.

Had a termite swarm in POR room many years ago.

Value resorts can be noisier than moderates (simply due to the number of rooms) but a room at any resort is always at the mercy of your neighbors on either side. 😉

Skibum1970

Never had bedbugs at any WDW resort.

Had a termite swarm in POR room many years ago.

Value resorts can be noisier than moderates (simply due to the number of rooms) but a room at any resort is always at the mercy of your neighbors on either side. 😉

Completely agree on the last part. Can't really blame a family for being excited. Once, at Wilderness Lodge, we had a 5:30 AM departure for the Tragical Express. The family in the room next to us kept opening/shutting their hall door and then had an extended meeting with other family members in the hallway. This was getting close to 11:00 PM and I'll admit that I was turning into one of the seven dwarves whose name rhymes with "Frumpy". That's the only real noise complaint I can remember.

Ayla

The rooms are much noisier than mods. Especially when it comes to neighboring toilets and neighbors on either side.

Jambo Dad

We have stayed at every resort - many more than once. Our favorite is Animal Kingdom. Favorite mod - PO FQ - it’s compact. Pop is our favorite value- we get a preferred room near food court and the Hippy Dippy pool. Between that, the skyliner, and easy access to another food court at Art - great all around. Yes noisier, yes smaller but great. Very good Disney value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom