Have you stayed at Pop Century but wished you upgraded?

celluloid

Moderates are huge properties and can seem like a lot of work and or bus rides to get to dining establishments or transportation to the parks.

I say stick with the value for all the perks that matter and take some of that 700 dollars you saved and go for nice meals or experiences.

surfsupdon

I’ve said it before. I’ll gladly return to Pop, especially with that room refurb, transportation, and food. Plus it just feels nice.

Their issue now, which is more alarming with each year, is the price point without a fitness room, hot tub, and water slide!! Drives me nuts!! It made sense at $100/night…not now at $250/night.

Ayla

Not only are there no internal stops, Pop busses to MK and DAK don't stop at any other resort. It's all direct.

WRT noise: Always go for fourth floor... no one above you running or stamping about. Also, more likely to not have neighbors.
You know what I love about the Value buses? They have queue ropes up, so the line (and who goes where) is very clear. The buses at the mods/deluxes give me anxiety about who gets on in what order! It's typically a mad dash to see who can get on first, with no organized line.

dmw

In the Parks
No
You know what I love about the Value buses? They have queue ropes up, so the line (and who goes where) is very clear. The buses at the mods/deluxes give me anxiety about who gets on in what order! It's typically a mad dash to see who can get on first, with no organized line.
Yes! I love POFQ, especially with one bus stop. But, the mornings are absolute chaos with long lines and not clear which line is for which park bus.

Kingoglow

Great point! I had never thought about it, but you are right.

AndyS2992

I love Pop Century. Love the theme, not too big, food court is good with the option of heading over to Art of Animation, Skyliner and bus transport, several themed pools, large gift shop, the new rooms are very nice. I would never waste money on upgrading when Pop meets all my needs perfectly.

BASS

Qualifier: I haven't stayed in Pop in years . . . but last time we stayed, my wife and I agreed never again. I can't even recall specifically why, but I'd rather spend a little more and stay someplace nicer. The drawbacks I do recall were no decent dining options at the hotel and also the noise and crowds. Because it's cheaper, you get a lot of large groups or folks doing extended stays and I found the activity at the hotel to be too much. Personally, I prefer a break from the noise and crowds at the hotel.

NelleBelle

Our stay at YC was exactly this!! You could never tell what line was for what! And the line for MK was ridiculous for someone trying to board with a scooter (or without). Never actually realized that POP had actual dedicated lines...nice plus!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Our stay at YC was exactly this!! You could never tell what line was for what! And the line for MK was ridiculous for someone trying to board with a scooter (or without). Never actually realized that POP had actual dedicated lines...nice plus!
Indeed...

1675206871795.png

Wendy Pleakley

Most of my experiences at the moderate resorts was that the buses were never so busy that a lack of lineups caused issues, in terms of someone not getting on for example. With those resorts having multiple bus stops there was usually only 6-12 people waiting for a given theme park at any time.

Having said that, on a handful of occasions some people got agitated when they felt people who arrived after them were cutting into the non-existent line, but for the most part it was fairly obvious who was first.

Ayla

Most of my experiences at the moderate resorts was that the buses were never so busy that a lack of lineups caused issues, in terms of someone not getting on for example. With those resorts having multiple bus stops there was usually only 6-12 people waiting for a given theme park at any time.

Having said that, on a handful of occasions some people got agitated when they felt people who arrived after them were cutting into the non-existent line, but for the most part it was fairly obvious who was first.
POFQ only has one stop.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

This 100%! This past summer I had a stay booked at Kidani, after years of staying at the value resorts with the nice bus queues I was very nervous about the bus situation. It worked out fine because at there were different areas marked where buses and the stops weren't crowded but I still missed the organized line.

NelleBelle

Boy, this is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves of visiting the parks--people who either act or are oblivious to those who have been waiting ahead of them (usually transportation "queues").

LittleMerman

It depends on how much you're trying to spend. I've stayed at Pop before and I'm staying there again next week and I really enjoyed it. The moderates are going to be better, and I preferred Art of Animation, but they're obviously more expensive. So - I think Pop is great but if you're going to get better resorts the more you spend, if you're willing. Nothing wrong with Pop though - it's cute!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Just got back from a 7-night stay at Pop. Had a good time, no issues. As always, the grounds were clean and very well kept. Got full mousekeeping every other day. Stayed in the 60s section, ground floor-Hourglass Lake view room.

The Skyliner was down (maintenance) for most of my stay, so I relied on busses 6 out of 7 days, never waited more than 20mins for one.

Only negative, is that it's hard to find a less than $200/night rate these days. We're DVC, and have stayed in all types of WDW accomodations, but when it comes to Value resorts, Pop is still a favorite.

_caleb

Boy, this is one of my BIGGEST pet peeves of visiting the parks--people who either act or are oblivious to those who have been waiting ahead of them (usually transportation "queues").
Just a side note that sometimes this is a cultural thing. WDW obviously has guests from around the world, and in many cultures, the idea of "queueing up" or "waiting in line" doesn't really exist. I try to remember this when someone pushes their way to the front when the bus pulls in.

NelleBelle

Just a side note that sometimes this is a cultural thing. WDW obviously has guests from around the world, and in many cultures, the idea of "queueing up" or "waiting in line" doesn't really exist. I try to remember this when someone pushes their way to the front when the bus pulls in.
I'm trying to adopt my DH's attitude of, "It's not a big deal, there are other buses. They could be late for an ADR." I'm going to seriously try and pack a LARGE suitcase of patience for this type of thing. It's not worth ruining my vacation day over. 😁 Still a pet peeve though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom