News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Booo, Epcot Forever sucks. What's the logic behind pulling that out of storage rather than just running Harmonious until IllumiNations 2.0 or whatever is ready?
Couple of things.

From a PR perspective, Disney wants to end Enchantment and Harmonious alongside the close of the 50th, and forget they both ever happened. So it has to happen in April.

The new show is still in development and is not ready.

There are significant changes needed in the lagoon.

So as before, the simple interim show is needed.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Disney Fireworks GIF
Jimmy Fallon Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

retr0gate

Finally, a removal worth celebrating. At the end of the day, my biggest issue with Harmonious lies with the barges. The whole reason for their "permanence" was their massive size and I still ask why they decided to make them so large in the first place. There was absolutely no need for it when you could get the same effects at half the size. Some of which, like the daytime "fountains," would have probably actually looked better because they wouldn't have been so awkwardly spaced out.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Finally, a removal worth celebrating. At the end of the day, my biggest issue with Harmonious lies with the barges. The whole reason for their "permanence" was their massive size and I still ask why they decided to make them so large in the first place. There was absolutely no need for it when you could get the same effects at half the size. Some of which, like the daytime "fountains," would have probably actually looked better because they wouldn't have been so awkwardly spaced out.
I really feel that the thought was, the end result would be so good after dark, that people would put up with the daytime intrusion. When the show was poorly received, it was doomed.

Thelazer

Okay, Look.. I was one to mock the almighty Zack.

BUT.
I stand ready to apologize fully and worship at the alter of Zack, *IF* !!!! this new whatever it will be show has the same quality and original / retro vibe that the entrance area revamp did with that new fountain and pixels on the globe.

It better be a wow, it better be heart pulling, it needs the inferno barge back, along with projections back on the country's and (maybe a pop up windmill screen on one of them) good fireworks and decent fountain barges that are removed each night.

In other words, NOT a JII 2.0 re-do.. a full gut and pull out the original blueprints rebuild.
SHOW US WHAT YA GOT!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Okay, Look.. I was one to mock the almighty Zack.

BUT.
I stand ready to apologize fully and worship at the alter of Zack, *IF* !!!! this new whatever it will be show has the same quality and original / retro vibe that the entrance area revamp did with that new fountain and pixels on the globe.

It better be a wow, it better be heart pulling, it needs the inferno barge back, along with projections back on the country's and (maybe a pop up windmill screen on one of them) good fireworks and decent fountain barges that are removed each night.

In other words, NOT a JII 2.0 re-do.. a full gut and pull out the original blueprints rebuild.
SHOW US WHAT YA GOT!!!
You aren't going to get what you want, but I have hope it can be something special. It is still in development, so it has not been Chapeked at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom