News Holiday crowds at Walt Disney World theme parks 2022

Disstevefan1

If cast went into the queue line selling food and drink to the guests standing in line for 5 hours it could bring more sales to the Mouse.
I remember waiting in the queue on day 2 of Hogsmeade at Universal Orlando. They deployed team members with drink carts along the queue. Well done Universal.

Lilofan

210 minutes for FoP today.

They need to start building bathrooms and quick service in the standby.
I was on line at DHS Toy Story. Fascinated by the interaction of Mr Potato Head and guests I saw two fellow guests exit the interior queue line holding empty water bottles and go right behind the curtain behind Mr Potato Head. A few minutes later the guys got back in line without the empty water bottles.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Amazing Disney seeing guests standing in line for several hours and not attempting to extract more money from the guests . I would be buying some ice cold drinks alcoholic and non alcoholic.
But do you know how much a $11.00 employee costs???

The stock is only at $86 a share

Disstevefan1

When you hit multiple 3 hour waits everywhere even with the Park Pass System IN PLACE, does it really even mean anything to screech about how much worse the guest experience would be like without Park Pass!!
In my opinion I think the 3 hour waits are mostly caused by the Genie + system and the ratio of Lightning lane VS. standby folks getting on an attraction.

Priority is heavily weighted to LL folks while only a few at a time are let on from standby.

Now that folks are paying for LL Disney really has no choice but to do this.

When FastPasses were free, it didn’t matter as much.

I think, since it was free, there was not so much pressure for the cast members get all the fast pass folks through the line and the ratio wasn’t so slanted.

I remember the good old days of paper Fastpass when I we would go to the end of the standby of an attraction and give folks our FastPasses.

It was a free way to spead some surprise Magic to a random guests at no cost to you.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
In my opinion I think the 3 hour waits are mostly caused by the Genie + system and the ratio of Lightning lane VS. standby folks getting on an attraction.

Priority is heavily weighted to LL folks while only a few at a time are let on from standby.

Now that folks are paying for LL Disney really has no choice but to do this.

When FastPasses were free, it didn’t matter as much.

I think, since it was free, there was not so much pressure for the cast members get all the fast pass folks through the line and the ratio wasn’t so slanted.

I remember the good old days of paper Fastpass when I we would go to the end of the standby of an attraction and give folks our FastPasses.

It was a free way to spend some surprise Magic to a random guests at no cost to you.
From what I recall its like one standby guest for every 10 LL guests. So if you have a group of five standbys thats 50 lightning lane if there are that many in queue. For a ride like Peter Pan that will generate the long standby times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom