News Disney World Cast Member unions to begin week of negotiations for wage increases, healthcare costs and more

TrainsOfDisney

Public Corporations

Been that way for over 100 years thanks to that court case.
That lawsuit is not directly related to raising wages. If Iger announced he was opening 2 more theme parks across the country for the sole reason of “employing middle America” then that lawsuit would be comparable and even then it would probably be so outdated that it’s not really relevant.

Touchdown

That lawsuit is not directly related to raising wages. If Iger announced he was opening 2 more theme parks across the country for the sole reason of “employing middle America” then that lawsuit would be comparable and even then it would probably be so outdated that it’s not really relevant.
That lawsuit established that public corporations exist only to enrich shareholders.

lazyboy97o

That lawsuit established that public corporations exist only to enrich shareholders.
It did not specify the very narrow definition and criteria you infer. There are a variety of ways that value can be created and that very case established that the courts will generally defer to the Board to make that determination. Wanting to reduce turnover, improve employee efficiency, attract talent, improve customer satisfaction, improve public perception are all things that can provide shareholder value even if they cost money.

JMcMahonEsq

that’s not how this works. You made a claim. I asked for a citation. You don’t have one. You lose. Good day, sir.
No that’s how it works. You asked if there were studies to support it. I answered and gave several examples, including mentioning the CBO study and they year it was published. A fifth grader can find it with that information. You don’t want to do they work hey, that’s you business. Frankly you’re not important enough for me to actually pull the study and post it. It’s a public document go get it yourself, I and a Johnny Walker will continue with New Years

Lilofan

One suggestion Disney can provide to its cast - gym membership to Planet Fitness to improve or maintain ones health and fitness. PF has not raised its $10 per month gym membership in more than 20 years.

lentesta

Premium Member
No that’s how it works. You asked if there were studies to support it. I answered and gave several examples, including mentioning the CBO study and they year it was published. A fifth grader can find it with that information. You don’t want to do they work hey, that’s you business. Frankly you’re not important enough for me to actually pull the study and post it. It’s a public document go get it yourself, I and a Johnny Walker will continue with New Years

I SAID GOOD DAY, SIR!

Chi84

Premium Member
Actually, @lentesta has it exactly right. If you are asked to provide a citation to information you claim exists, you have to do so with sufficient specificity to establish its existence and relevance.

Nice try with the client argument. You're the one making the claim on your own behalf (not on behalf of a client), so you are the "client" here. If you can find a client to pay you for finding cites to support your own personal assertions, good for you.

JoeCamel

Let me open this can of worms for you...

The Florida Homeowners Insurance Market!

Bob's dream of premium only customers will be realized but too bad they gave all their money to the insurance companies once the insurance costs weed out the poors.
Oh wait, who will work in the parks?
Maybe Bob the former was prescient when he declared theme parks are a mature business line and warranted no investment?
Doomed they are doomed....
Happy new year D&G club

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom