News Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster closing for refurbishment in February 2023

Casper Gutman

It's crazy that they seemingly have no more plans for Hollywood right now. Hollywood Studios's popularity has increased significantly but it absolutely does not have the capacity.

They desperately need to expand. It seems like this park has the least room to expand with new areas, but they need to do whatever they can tbh.
They have an area around Indy that was cleared to hold a full-size new land before the decade-late “redo“ plans were cut to the bone. They’ve got space.

(Plus TSL is poorly designed and useless, the whole thing should be bulldozed and the space used much more efficiently.)

SpectreJordan

They have an area around Indy that was cleared to hold a full-size new land before the decade-late “redo“ plans were cut to the bone. They’ve got space.

(Plus TSL is poorly designed and useless, the whole thing should be bulldozed and the space used much more efficiently.)
Interesting, I didn't know that about Indy. Was that supposed to be in the '90s or '00s? Would that involve removing Star Tours too?

Casper Gutman

Interesting, I didn't know that about Indy. Was that supposed to be in the '90s or '00s? Would that involve removing Star Tours too?
It was supposed to be part of the redo that gave us TSL and SWL. In fact, it was where SWL was supposed to be located, with Battu’s current location holding an additional land, the third of the redesign. The parking lots and infrastructure were all rearranged to accommodate the new land. And then cuts. I’m sure their are many folks on these boards who can give you more details!

doctornick

Which is why this park needs more than 9 rides total and why replacing GMR was a mistake in the long term.

Not just for needed refurbishments like this, but any reason that could potentially shut down rides.

Yeah, I get why DAK is (allegedly) next on the list for attention, but DHS should absolutely have more stuff being planned and built right now. Capacity is terrible especially for the crowds that now go there for Galaxy's Edge.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Deadline.com is reporting that Steven Tyler is being sued for assault of a 16 year-old decades ago. Wonder if this will extend this refurb even longer…

Disney rehired James Gunn after he posted over 10,000 tweets about, well, inappropriate relations with minors. It hired a guy who was jailed for worse behavior to direct The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. I doubt Steve Tyler's alleged actions will faze the miscreants who run and ruin Disney these days...

SpectreJordan

It was supposed to be part of the redo that gave us TSL and SWL. In fact, it was where SWL was supposed to be located, with Battu’s current location holding an additional land, the third of the redesign. The parking lots and infrastructure were all rearranged to accommodate the new land. And then cuts. I’m sure their are many folks on these boards who can give you more details!
Ugh, that's disappointing. But maybe they'll get some sense & realize they need to use that space soon.

Marc Davis Fan

If this means a re-theme, they already have Flight Force as a template with the R&D complete.

The most important thing, however, is that they do not mess up the tasteful entrance that's in keeping with Sunset Boulevard's design. For those of us old enough to remember, people were worried that this new attraction would destroy the pitch-perfect approach to Tower of Terror. Instead, they ensured that the entrance to RnRC was sufficiently set back from the main "road," and made the entrance archway in keeping with the area's aesthetic. Today, Disney isn't exactly inspiring trust in thematic consistency and sightlines, so...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If this means a re-theme, they already have Flight Force as a template with the R&D complete.

The most important thing, however, is that they do not mess up the tasteful entrance that's in keeping with Sunset Boulevard's design. For those of us old enough to remember, people were worried that this new attraction would destroy the pitch-perfect approach to Tower of Terror. Instead, they ensured that the entrance to RnRC was sufficiently set back from the main "road," and made the entrance archway in keeping with the area's aesthetic. Today, Disney isn't exactly inspiring trust in thematic consistency and sightlines, so...
The Incredibles are the right time period and style...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom