News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Hawg G

Tron will be a huge hit Regardless how long It took to build or that it's a copy, the vast majority of people going to the parks will love it.

I think that bothers some people on here lol
Yes, because Tron would be a huge hit iwithout the canopy, and with unthemed trains and a six flags level theming job. Then they could build 2 other rides too.

Sorcerer Mickey

That’s true if you choose to Ignore Expedition Everest, the little mermaid, and the seven dwarfs mine train.
I purposefully said 10 years because Everest would be the beginning of the drought (2006-2016).

You’re right about Little Mermaid and Mine Train. Universal must have been shaken in their boots when they opened two Harry Potter lands during that same time.

peter11435

I purposefully said 10 years because Everest would be the beginning of the drought (2006-2016).

You’re right about Little Mermaid and Mine Train. Universal must have been shaken in their boots when they opened two Harry Potter lands during that same time.
The chart being referenced here starts with 2016. So the 10 years before that would include 2006.

There absolutely should have been more new attractions during that period. 4 years out of 10 is not good enough. But let’s not lie and say there were none for 20 years.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Agreed but the average guest knows it takes forever for wdw to build anything new and nothing new is really coming
All they need to do is close an attraction for a refurb, extend the refurb, and then re-open the attraction and tell the vloggers what to say, hype it with social media and bam! It's a "new offering"

The brand defenders will go wild and thank Disney for giving them such a wonderful gift.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
All they need to do is close an attraction for a refurb, extend the refurb, and then re-open the attraction and tell the vloggers what to say, hype it with social media and bam! It's a "new offering"

The brand defenders will go wild and thank Disney for giving them such a wonderful gift.
I hope they do that with Flight of Passage. Just have it out of service for five months and then, when it's back up, I'll be so excited!! Thanks, Disney!!!

Casper Gutman

Two points on the Disney v Uni comparison:

1) very obviously, WDW has four parks and Uni has two. If both add rides at the same rate, it will of course seem slower at Disney as each park is updated less and allowed to stagnate for longer.
2) If Disney announced they were opening a full new park in five years, a vast majority of the complaints regarding their reluctance to build would disappear - even if they all but halted construction in the existing parks during that period.

Hawg G

The chart being referenced here starts with 2016. So the 10 years before that would include 2006.

There absolutely should have been more new attractions during that period. 4 years out of 10 is not good enough. But let’s not lie and say there were none for 20 years.
After Splash Mountain opened in 1992, WDW went through a long glut of very little but C and D tickets. A glut that didn't end until this chart starts 24 YEARS later.

And that glut was at all 4 parks. For 20 years, VERY LITTLE was built at WDW.

peter11435

After Splash Mountain opened in 1992, WDW went through a long glut of very little but C and D tickets. A glut that didn't end until this chart starts 24 YEARS later.

And that glut was at all 4 parks. For 20 years, VERY LITTLE was built at WDW.
That’s still demonstrably false. We can always argue that there could have or should have been more. But ignoring all that was is ridiculous.

Between 1992 and 2016

Tower of Terror
Alien Encounter
Rock’n Roller Coaster
Fantasmic
Light Motors Action
Mission Space
Test Track
Soarin
Toy Story Mania
The entirety of Animal Kingdom
Kali River Rapids
Expedition Everest
Primeval Whirl
The entirety of Blizzard Beach
Seven dwarfs Mine Train
The Little Mermaid

Not to mention many many smaller additions and entertainment offerings. I’m also sure I’ve missed some things.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
1672146274004.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A lot of the comparison of the parks is often bases on ride v. ride count.

But WDW is more resort-y because three of their parks are (or, should be...) more than just their ride count. DAK has a zoo. EPCOT has a World's Fair. And DHS is supposed to have a backstage studio tour vibe, which is supposed to have been replaced with a live entertainment vibe, which it has failed to deliver fully on.

For those who just focus on "rides," then EU is a way for Uni to catch up. But for those who go to the zoo, the shows, the attractions, the nighttime spectacular, then Uni has *a lot* of catching up to do.

Oh, back on topic: TRON is a late 50th Anniversary gift in the wrong park, mostly because the other three parks still need more rides; precisely because there are folk who are all about the quantity of rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom