News Walt Disney World Christmas holidays 2022

Disone

Ehhhh. WDW phones it in when it comes to Christmas. Almost all the decor falls into one of three buckets: tree, garland, or wreath.

Both SeaWorld and Universal outclass Disney when it comes to Christmas. Honestly, six flags does too, as does Dollywood, honestly just about everyone else. Does a lot more decor in the park than Disney. That decor is more impressive and the shows are included with regular park admission during the entire season. Not just after the very Merry Christmas parties.

WDW's Christmas (sorry, holiday season) decor and celebration really is pretty limited.

Disone

Ehhhh. WDW phones it in when it comes to Christmas. Almost all the decor falls into one of three buckets: tree, garland, or wreath.

Both SeaWorld and Universal outclass Disney when it comes to Christmas. Honestly, six flags does too, as does Dollywood, honestly just about everyone else. Does a lot more decor in the park than Disney. That decor is more impressive and the shows are included with regular park admission during the entire season. Not just after the very Merry Christmas parties.

WDW's Christmas (sorry, holiday season) decor and celebration really is pretty limited.
I have a friend visiting from Arizona. She typically visits Disneyland. To my knowledge, she does not participate in online forums but is what I would consider to be a pretty strong Disney fan.
She just commented unsolicited to me today. How minimal Walt Disney world's Christmas decorations seem to her. I told her about this post that I had made and she says it spot on. Disneyland is far superior with Christmas decor than Disney World.

The Disney World cookie cutter. Christmas approach of large tree, garland and wreath... And if you're in a theme park you get a projection mapping icon (sans Epcot which gets the superior LED lighting package of spaceship Earth) or if you're a deluxe resort, you get a gingerbread display.
Having said all that, I would add that recently Hollywood studios and animal kingdom both do a decent job of being slightly more than just the tree wreath and garland.

However, they're still not on the level of the competition. Busch gardens, SeaWorld, Universal,. Going outside of Florida, Dollywood, Knott's Berry farm, six flags.... Yes, six flags. You know they are basic when six flags has more Christmas decor.

Epcot82Guy

Having just seen both back to back, I was surprised Universal's felt phoned in a bit this year. It was not what I expected, especially at the resorts. I wonder if it's faulty memory or actual scaling back.

Disone

Having just seen both back to back, I was surprised Universal's felt phoned in a bit this year. It was not what I expected, especially at the resorts. I wonder if it's faulty memory or actual scaling back.
I have not yet been to USF this holiday season. :(. Been meaning to go. Love their Christmas Parade.

Touchdown

USO Christmas package seemed identical to 2018, the only difference being that the Grinchmas show is in the Blue Man Theatre instead of a soundstage (which is a nice upgrade.) I just finished a trip there yesterday, it was great to end it with a free Mannheim Steamroller Concert (with Chip Davis conducting.)

I mean:
Universal Orlando:
-Macys Parade (nighttime spectacular)
-Christmas at Hogwarts (nighttime spectacular)
-Mannheim Steamroller (nighttime spectacular)*
-Grinchmas (major show)
-Frog Choir (minor show)
-Blues Brothers (minor show)
-Celistina Warbuck (minor show)
-Food Booths

Walt Disney World:
-Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks (nighttime spectacular)**
-Once Upon A Christmas Time Parade (nighttime spectacular)**
-Mickeys Most Merriest (major show)**
-DHS projections (nighttime spectacular)
-Frozen Holiday Wish (bonus add on to major show)
-Magical Menagerie (minor show)
-Candlelight Processional (Nightime Spectacular)
-Spaceship Earth (Nighttime Spectacular)
-Holiday Traditions (minor shows)
-Food Booths

*Select Nights only
**Special Ticket Required or be there during peak week

When you compare, Universal gets awfully close to offering as much special holiday magic in the parks as WDW despite only having 2 parks; this is a major change from 10 years ago.

Epcot82Guy

I have not yet been to USF this holiday season. :(. Been meaning to go. Love their Christmas Parade.
NY and Hollywood looked like they usually do. And the Tribute Store is very cute.

I think NY is one of my favorite areas in any parks, since they use the unique decor on each store front. It really adds to the theme and feels like what you would see on an actual street. It's a really nice touch.

Disone

USO Christmas package seemed identical to 2018, the only difference being that the Grinchmas show is in the Blue Man Theatre instead of a soundstage (which is a nice upgrade.) I just finished a trip there yesterday, it was great to end it with a free Mannheim Steamroller Concert (with Chip Davis conducting.)

I mean:
Universal Orlando:
-Macys Parade (nighttime spectacular)
-Christmas at Hogwarts (nighttime spectacular)
-Mannheim Steamroller (nighttime spectacular)*
-Grinchmas (major show)
-Frog Choir (minor show)
-Blues Brothers (minor show)
-Celistina Warbuck (minor show)
-Food Booths

Walt Disney World:
-Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks (nighttime spectacular)**
-Once Upon A Christmas Time Parade (nighttime spectacular)**
-Mickeys Most Merriest (major show)**
-DHS projections (nighttime spectacular)
-Frozen Holiday Wish (bonus add on to major show)
-Magical Menagerie (minor show)
-Candlelight Processional (Nightime Spectacular)
-Spaceship Earth (Nighttime Spectacular)
-Holiday Traditions (minor shows)
-Food Booths

*Select Nights only
**Special Ticket Required or be there during peak week

When you compare, Universal gets awfully close to offering as much special holiday magic in the parks as WDW despite only having 2 parks; this is a major change from 10 years ago.
Agree. And like you noted with ** are not offered unless you pay extra or come during the 9 busiest days.

I will had Sea World's Christmas Celebration offerings.... here are the major offerings

1) Millions of Christmas lights adore on displays all around the park

2) 14 Holiday food booths

3) Meet and Greet with Santa

4) Rudolph's Christmas Town Meet and Greet (based from the classic claymation TV special)

5) Water Front with MAJOR snow Flurries on the water front (my friends and I think it's too much and we call them soap blizzards)

6) Sea of Trees night time show

7) Elmo's Christmas Wish Show

8) Sesame Street Christmas parade.

9) Oh Wonderous Night (major show)

10) Winter Wonderland (Major show)

11) Holiday Reflections Fireworks *

Minor offers of note:

1) two separate stages of live entertainment christmas music.

2) a Christmas sing-along in a live saxophone musician are the pre-show to the evening performance of orca counter.

3) two of their larger merchandise stores, one at the waterfront area and one at Antarctica area, have been completely restocked with Christmas merch. They offer a large variety of Christmas merchandise that is not specific to SeaWorld.

4) dancing ballerina in a large snow globe (minor show)

5) jump roping toy soldiers (minor show)

6) Elf's Story (minor show)

7) roaming stilt walkers

8) Holiday Garden Model Train Display

Plus for a fee you can add on

1) ice skating during the day time on the ice rink they use for Winter Wonderland on Ice

2) Sesame Street Breakfast

3) Dinner with Santa

Over 20 Christmas season offerings in ONE park. Most of which are included in Park admission.

Last edited:

Touchdown

Agree. And like you noted with ** are not offered unless you pay extra or come during the 9 busiest days.

I will had Sea World's Christmas Celebration offerings.... here are the major offerings

4) Rudolph's Christmas Town Meet and Greet (based from the classic claymation TV special)

5) Water Front with MAJOR snow Flurries on the water front (my friends and I think it's too much and we call them soap blizzards)

Minor offers of note:

1) two separate stages of live entertainment plane music.

2) a Christmas sing-along in a live saxophone musician are the pre-show to the evening performance of orca counter.

3) two of their larger merchandise stores, one at the waterfront area and one at Antarctica area, have been completely redeemed to Christmas shops. They offer a large variety of Christmas merchandise that is not specific to SeaWorld.

7) roaming stilt walkers

1) ice skating during the day time on the ice rink they use for Winter Wonderland on Ice

3) Dinner with Santa

Over 20 Christmas season offerings in ONE park. Most of which are included in Park admission.
I love Sea World Christmas, did that Fri

Disone

I love Sea World Christmas, did that Fri
Agree. Unfortunately, they're not able to do their fireworks right now to due to SeaWorld's suppliers having a tragic warehouse fire with multiple lost of life.

But truly, Even without the firework show, their Christmas game is top notch.

It's fun to tell people who've never been, you have to go to SeaWorld for Christmas. They always look at you confused with a look on their face that says something like " It sounds like you said 'SeaWorld for Christmas'?". lol.

Yup! Just go one evening and you'll understand.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Minor offers of note:

1) two separate stages of live entertainment christmas music.

3) two of their larger merchandise stores, one at the waterfront area and one at Antarctica area, have been completely restocked with Christmas merch. They offer a large variety of Christmas merchandise that is not specific to SeaWorld.

7) roaming stilt walkers

3) Dinner with Santa

They aren't charging $209 per person for that?? Giving their guests something and really going all-out? Bob would never approve. ;)

TDLFan

Saw Minnie's Christmastime fireworks a few nights ago. So, the Christmas party went from having a 360° fireworks tag, to 180°, to just using slightly more launch sites than a normal night. Are these types of tags also a thing of the past? This whole resort is becoming a, "I remember when" experience.

Disone

Saw Minnie's Christmastime fireworks a few nights ago. So, the Christmas party went from having a 360° fireworks tag, to 180°, to just using slightly more launch sites than a normal night. Are these types of tags also a thing of the past? This whole resort is becoming a, "I remember when" experience.
Short answer. Yes:/

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Disney's Animal Kingdom Christmas Holiday decor 2022​

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/holidays-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/gallery/14dec2022-disney's-animal-kingdom-christmas-holiday-decor-2022.htm

Holidays-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom_Full_49667.jpg

Holidays-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom_Full_49672.jpg

Holidays-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom_Full_49673.jpg

Holidays-at-Disneys-Animal-Kingdom_Full_49677.jpg

More at https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/holidays-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/gallery/14dec2022-disney's-animal-kingdom-christmas-holiday-decor-2022.htm

dreday3

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom