News Tomorrowland Speedway and Walt Disney World Railroad to be impacted by TRON construction at the Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

If they are going to keep the speedway, why not give it some dynamic visuals and set dressing. Sound effects like they used to have, Electric cars to get rid of the noise and exhaust fumes... Make it a real true epic Disney attraction... California and even Hong Kong did this way better before they tore Hong Kong's out.

tparris

If they are going to keep the speedway, why not give it some dynamic visuals and set dressing. Sound effects like they used to have, Electric cars to get rid of the noise and exhaust fumes... Make it a real true epic Disney attraction... California and even Hong Kong did this way better before they tore Hong Kong's out.
I agree. I personally love the Christmas decorations they’ve been putting up at the Speedway for the last couple of years, and I really wish it could have similar set dressing throughout the year.

Bocabear

The Hong Kong Disneyland speedway had small set pieces and they did some very unusual landscaping to make it feel more futuristic and other-worldly...now that WDW's speedway has been reduced to it's smallest footprint, it would be great to see them at least make it a "jewel Box" attraction and set-dress and detail it to be a must-see even for those that have outgrown it... If they are taking up that much real estate, it should be much nicer than it is...

DCBaker

Premium Member
Lilly Belle on the track this morning -

B9070671-5190-461F-BCB5-109CD0FE5C81.jpeg

Clamman73

I take it we need to see two trains test running at same time doing circuits at some point soon…has there been three at a time? Been a while…

RSoxNo1

The Hong Kong Disneyland speedway had small set pieces and they did some very unusual landscaping to make it feel more futuristic and other-worldly...now that WDW's speedway has been reduced to it's smallest footprint, it would be great to see them at least make it a "jewel Box" attraction and set-dress and detail it to be a must-see even for those that have outgrown it... If they are taking up that much real estate, it should be much nicer than it is...
I would like to see the Speedway be on land that is multi purpose. Integrate some flat rides or a roller coaster around it. Toy Story Land was the perfect opportunity to do both. TRON was also an opportunity to do this.

TrainsOfDisney

It was reiterated to me today that they still plan to reopen the WDWRR by Christmas. I presume we will see movement in terms of staffing soon.
I wouldn’t expect them to be testing it if they don’t plan on opening soon. How long does it take to schedule and train the station and conductors? 2 weeks tops?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom