News Disney Park Pass System announced for Walt Disney World theme park reservations

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Devil's advocate here. Same can be said for picking ADRs 60 days out. How do you know that many days out where you want to eat?
We already know now where we want to eat for our trip in 5 months. I guess we just don’t understand why people have a problem with it. If you reserve Via Napoli at 60 days, then just eat there or cancel the day before.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We already know now where we want to eat for our trip in 5 months. I guess we just don’t understand why people have a problem with it. If you reserve Via Napoli at 60 days, then just eat there or cancel the day before.
There’s really not much there that’s “5 months ahead” good…

And it’s ok to book and cancel…but at busy times you may not want to juggle that much

Scoop99

You can cancel those if you change your mind. Even day-of now. But by 60 days most people will have started tothinking about their plans. When we book we’re nailing down our room, then flights and tickets. Then sit back and wait until 2-3 months before. In the case of tickets, the 14 days for 7 offer lasts for a specific period otherwise you miss the boat on it.
Hi, where can one find the 14 for 7 offer?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
There’s really not much there that’s “5 months ahead” good…

And it’s ok to book and cancel…but at busy times you may not want to juggle that much
I guess what I was trying to get across, unsuccessfully, was that we were just fine with the older 180 day ADR system. We have never cancelled an ADR due to not wanting a particular type of food, as we know the food we like.

Jrb1979

I guess what I was trying to get across, unsuccessfully, was that we were just fine with the older 180 day ADR system. We have never cancelled an ADR due to not wanting a particular type of food, as we know the food we like.
I can understand that. My issue with it is while I may know the places I want to eat when Im there I don't know usually til that day what I fancy for dinner.

correcaminos

Smart change too long in the making. Reservations make sense for pass holders but never should have been in place for resort guests or date-based tickets.

I won't hold my breath waiting for apologies from all of the people who chewed me out insisting that ressies would never go away.
Not for all AP holders. Sime of us are DVC out of state holders who never go without being onsite. They never should've made onsite had reservations but that's me. I'm waiting to see if I'll add on more new Polynesian or sell it all.

And I never once made an ADR at 180 days. I know the food I like but menus change and how I feel changes. I did more day of or night before. Find it easier to do now tbh and prefer not planning trips so far out.

SuddenStorm

So this was all going to happen whether or not Iger took over.

Not to mention, a lot of what fans hate about the last few years started during Iger's tenure. Chapek just got to take the blame. I think the online reports that Iger's first priority is not the parks right now are correct- Chapek was let go because he couldn't handle the rest of the company like Iger can.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I can understand that. My issue with it is while I may know the places I want to eat when Im there I don't know usually til that day what I fancy for dinner.
I understand, but we are different in that we don’t decide the day of what we want to eat. Don’t even do that at home.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Not for all AP holders. Sime of us are DVC out of state holders who never go without being onsite. They never should've made onsite had reservations but that's me. I'm waiting to see if I'll add on more new Polynesian or sell it all.
We are in the same boat as y’all and wondering how it will work for us going forward.

And I never once made an ADR at 180 days. I know the food I like but menus change and how I feel changes. I did more day of or night before. Find it easier to do now tbh and prefer not planning trips so far out.
It should be easier now, but for us, part of the fun is the planning process that we do.

SuddenStorm

Or during the pandemic. A huge chunk of what Chapek gets blamed for is not his fault. Not everything. But a lot.

Right. Now there are a great number things we can attribute to Chapek- the Scarlett Johansen debacle a few years ago.

Or the Reedy Creek debacle- which I imagine Iger is going to be doing a lot of legwork to salvage.

Or just his inability to win the goodwill of the employees across the Walt Disney company- who now seem to be heralding Iger as a beacon of hope (despite Iger being subject to tons of criticism about CM pay and benefits, especially during the latter half of his first run as CEO).

JoeCamel

Right. Now there are a great number things we can attribute to Chapek- the Scarlett Johansen debacle a few years ago.

Or the Reedy Creek debacle- which I imagine Iger is going to be doing a lot of legwork to salvage.

Or just his inability to win the goodwill of the employees across the Walt Disney company- who now seem to be heralding Iger as a beacon of hope (despite Iger being subject to tons of criticism about CM pay and benefits, especially during the latter half of his first run as CEO).
All the blame is heaped on the one who plays the persona game poorly I'm most curious if Zenia will return. Bob C never had a chance and will not be missed

correcaminos

We are in the same boat as y’all and wondering how it will work for us going forward.

It should be easier now, but for us, part of the fun is the planning process that we do.
If they treat onsite the same I'll be fine. If they don't... honestly it hasn't been until this last year that I seriously considered selling off my DVC or at least my original contract and not replace it. If they make it harder than it is for others I admit I'll be mad.

I know a good number love the planning. Just realize there is a population that absolutely hates it. For me I have fond memories of making reservations the day of at Epcot via the screen. Not saying I need that again but that gradual shift over the last decade to more planning more often has really had me an unhappy person. We play bus roulette when possible and the last 5-10 years have made that impossible to do. It would be nice if they keep some things for both ends. I have appreciated the walk up list that they more recently implemented. I do think they do that for those of us who like to go with the flow.

hopemax

Imagine if WDW was 20 minutes away, like any business in your town. Do you know where you want to eat at on a specific day in 5 months? Not on days like Valentine's Day, anniversary, birthday, holiday brunch. A trip to WDW is not "vacation" for a lot of people. It's a "do you feel like going out and doing something next week if the weather is good?" place too.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Imagine if WDW was 20 minutes away, like any business in your town. Do you know where you want to eat at on a specific day in 5 months? Not on days like Valentine's Day, anniversary, birthday, holiday brunch. A trip to WDW is not "vacation" for a lot of people. It's a "do you feel like going out and doing something next week if the weather is good?" place too.
Good point. But we can decide on a whim where to eat locally. Not true on vacation at WDW, since many places book up. It was good for them to add the walk up option.
Locals would still have to book ahead for many of the more popular restaurants. They cannot decide on a busy Friday to simply walk up to a lot of places.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom