The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Would prefer that Josh stated that WDW needs direct their funds, to upgrade/maintain all the existing attractions there, first! ;)

I agree.
The rumor that Disney has been buying up land and planning to build another US Park here in Central Texas has been floatin’ around for, literally, decades.
I first heard it when I was workin’ at the go-kart track back in high school, around 1979.
Even if it became true at some point, they kinda’ need to get their act together regarding the 2 existing US Parks before even thinkin’ about/attemptin’ somethin’ like that.
Plus, it only took ‘em 3 years to build all of the original EPCOT Center (the largest construction project on earth at the time), but, with the way they move these days, it might take ‘em 20 years to build another US Park…!!!!! :D 🤣:hilarious:

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I agree.
The rumor that Disney has been buying up land and planning to build another US Park here in Central Texas has been floatin’ around for, literally, decades.
I first heard it when I was workin’ at the go-kart track back in high school, around 1979.
Even if became true at some point, they kinda’ need to get their act together regarding the 2 existing US Parks before even thinkin’ about/attempting something like that.
Plus, it only took ‘em 3 years to build all of the original EPCOT Center (the largest construction project on earth at the time), but, with the way they move these days, it might take ‘em 20 years to build another US Park…!!!!! :D 🤣:hilarious:
I always feel the need to point out that any new park is all built simultaneous with massive numbers of construction happening through out the location. Three years to build an entire park when there were designated work forces at each build means that it took 3 years to build individual attractions just like it does now when there is only one crew building one attraction. If they use 10 crews to build 10 attractions then the same time is being utilized.

The second most mentioned time build is, of course, Disneyland. Based on the problems they had after they opened it in one year, suggests that they should have taken longer than they did. Being open and being completely functional can easily be two different things. Add to that the fact that the technology used when Disneyland opened was far more primitive and was probably not much more than 80% brick and mortar construction and 20% technical compared to today's technology. I can't imagine that a place like Star Wars Land would even been possible to build back then.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Watchin’ a rerun of a ResortTV1 live stream regarding the Disney CEO news.
Josh just said he thinks Disney needs a third Park in the US…in Texas…I think I could get on board with that…!!!!! :D :hilarious:
If the TX residents are on board that makes building a park in TX realistic. When Eisner had plans and development to build Disney America in Northern VA outside DC, the locals fought and won. Disney cancelled plans to build America.

donaldtoo

I always feel the need to point out that any new park is all built simultanious with massive numbers of construction happening through out the location. Three years to build an entire park when there were designated work forces at each build means that it took 3 years to build individual attractions just like it does now when there is only one crew building one attraction. If they use 10 crews to build 10 attractions then the same time is being utilized.

The second most mentioned time build is, of course, Disneyland. Based on the problems they had after they opened it in one year, suggests that they should have taken longer than they did. Being open and being completely functional can easily be two different things. Add to that the fact the the technology used when Disneyland opened was far more primitive and was probably not much more than 80% brick and mortar construction and 20% technical compared to today's technology. I can't imagine that a place like Star Wars Land would even been possible to build back then.

Well, since the whole EPCOT Center build was 3 years total from ground breaking to opening, I don’t see the comparison. Everything they are building these days is in an existing Park, with the infrastructure already in place to do so in a more timely manner, so I don’t buy that.

As far as Disneyland goes, I know opening day was pretty much considered a disaster.
The plumbers were running behind, and Walt chose functioning restrooms over drinking fountains (which lead to criticism about making the Guests have to buy soft drinks), certain attractions weren’t even operable yet, women’s high heels were sinking into the hot asphalt, and I’ve seen interviews with legendary Disney Imagineer Bob Gurr regarding the fact that the Autopia cars were breaking down left and right, and almost impossible to keep running that day, etc., etc., etc.

Again, all of 305 Acre EPCOT Center took only 3 years to build, from groundbreaking to opening day (with everything fully functioning, AFAIK).
3 years to build a single attraction in an existing Park with infrastructure already in place is a joke (damn-demic not withstanding).
Disney has done way better in the past, and with todays tech, there’s no excuse for them to not continue to do so.

donaldtoo

If the TX residents are on board that makes building a park in TX realistic. When Eisner had plans and development to build Disney America in Northern VA outside DC, the locals fought and won. Disney cancelled plans to build America.

Yep, I know about the proposed VA Park that was shelved.
San Antonio has both Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and Sea World San Antonio, New Braunfels has Schlitterbahn, etc., so it isn’t out of the realm of possibility, but, most likely not in my lifetime.
A dude can dream, though…! ;):)

donaldtoo

The overacting by so many soccer players is just still so off putting to me that I wanna’ puke. It was done in my day and still exists. Grow up you babies, and get a grip. Handegg players hardly ever try to pull that crap, except with the occasional PI stuff. Soccer players fall all over themselves for that crap. I played varsity soccer my junior and senior high school years, and that crap was introduced to us by others on our own team. Never ceases to annoy the crap outta’ me.
“Oh, he stole my ball and made me fall down…!!!”…!!!!! :rolleyes:🤪:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom