News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

correcaminos

Iger and the board still have to approve major expenditures.

Here is Iger previewing music for the show.

If you want to put this one on Iger have at it. I sure won't. Genie+ and all that for sure, but not this. Chapek had his name all over it and someone was an idiot thinking that keeping the barges out all the time was okay too. That's all Bubba Chapek et al cronies. With that I'm out. I'm not here to be in a very pointless back and forth ;)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
If you want to put this one on Iger have at it. I sure won't. Genie+ and all that for sure, but not this. Chapek had his name all over it and someone was an idiot thinking that keeping the barges out all the time was okay too. That's all Bubba Chapek et al cronies. With that I'm out. I'm not here to be in a very pointless back and forth ;)
This one is on the guests, who complained for years that Reflections of Earth was "not Disney enough." They begged for an IP clip show.

Rteetz

I’m not squarely putting it on anyone. I actually like Harmonious unlike some.

mattpeto

and someone was an idiot thinking that keeping the barges out all the time was okay too

It was someone who also thought the daytime fountains would work and mask the ugliness of the barges during the day. That was why management approved it to be in the lagoon, as permanent fixtures.

correcaminos

I’m not squarely putting it on anyone. I actually like Harmonious unlike some.
Glad you did. I admit I thought it was awful. My kid and I walked away from it this spring. I expected to give it a chance but ugh no

This one is on the guests, who complained for years that Reflections of Earth was "not Disney enough." They begged for an IP clip show.
Right.... I'll keep quiet next time ;)

jrhwdw

Not blaming, just wanting more info...If Iger did greenlit Harm.. did it have a different backstory? Or did Iger like Chappoe's idea?

Who greenlit Enchantment? Chappie becasuse it weas rushed or Iger because MK already had a 50th Idea before Chappie/COVID?

TTA94

So who was responsible for WDWs 50th failure? Chapek or did Iger have a say in that? It’s to late to fix the 50th at this point but perhaps Iger could push to use the company’s 100th celebration to make up for the 50th disappointment?

Vinnie Mac

So who was responsible for WDWs 50th failure? Chapek or did Iger have a say in that? It’s to late to fix the 50th at this point but perhaps Iger could push to use the company’s 100th celebration to make up for the 50th disappointment?
The 100th celebration already looked better than the 50th anyway to begin with. I am (cautiously) more optimistic now

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I would rather them bring back River of Light.

You were one of the ones complaining about sightlines this whole time and you'd ruin the sightlines of Animal Kingdom??
The area where rivers of light was doesn’t have sight lines like epcot did/does.

Rivers of Light if brought back needs a redo and some additional effects and a wow factor ending

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom