News Splash Mountain retheme to Princess and the Frog - Tiana's Bayou Adventure

Bocabear

well if a salt mine is a water tower, then yeah...sure it's visible. The whole "Tiana runs a business" is a horrible idea for an attraction based on this franchise... as is a salt mine we never see or hear reference to in the movie... It is like they are taking a page from the Baatu playbook....

LittleBuford

well if a salt mine is a water tower, then yeah...sure it's visible. The whole "Tiana runs a business" is a horrible idea for an attraction based on this franchise... as is a salt mine we never see or hear reference to in the movie... It is like they are taking a page from the Baatu playbook....
I’m no fan of the salt-mine idea, as I’ve made clear, but there’s no sign of it in the concept art as far as I can tell.

MerlinTheGoat

There's no proof this replacement started "well before" February 2020. In fact, the disarray and mixed messages since it was announced suggests otherwise.
Imagine believing this.
The final "no going back now" stamped approval and announcement was indeed strategically timed with the events occurring at the time. Had these events not occurred, the announcement at the very least would have come at a considerably later date. It was still too early in development and only the IP swap was basically settled on.

But they were indeed preparing ways to rid of Splash for quite a while. Even if it wasn't in a ready and mature enough state to be publicly announced when they did. The ride has been in peril for a while now. Iger was still with Disney at the time and was effectively a secondary CEO in all but name up until the end of 2021 (which is a major reason park fans shouldn't think his return will improve the experience). He was more responsible than Chapek was for pushing the overhaul and early announcement. Had Iger been fully gone and Chapek fully in charge at the time, it's extremely plausible it would have been delayed or even canned. But it WAS a project that began life well before it was announced.

Believe whatever you like though.

If anyone was going to cancel the re-theme, it was Chapek.
Agreed. But the announcement dropped before he had sole control of the company, so we're stuck with it. If they were going to cancel it, they would have done so by now. It's too late and the project is fully finalized and starting very soon. The best hopes are that the budget is high and kept out of the hands of the budget slashers, the salt mine concept is kept to a minimum (hopefully just a queue and backstory thing and not the interior scenes), they preserve the old animatronics and don't make it mostly video screens, and that the claims of the story being promising are true.

Last edited:

Scuttle

That is so true...No video or pictures can capture what these lost attractions were like. Horizons, World Of Motion, The Original Journey Into Imagination, even If You Had Wings and Alien Encounter... It is a shame that there is no accessible database to the production files of these rides...They were truly masterfully done... Even Alien Encounter lol
Delta Dreamflight was a phenomenal attraction as well. The score was unreal.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Bob had an idea he was being ousted, if rumors are to be believed. He should've cancelled Tiana's adventure as a big finger to Iger & other executives LOL.

scottb411

They should keep splash and also build out a new section for Tianas flume ride that has lower height restrictions so that younger kids can ride it. A flume ride in the thrill category of mine train. It can still be an E-ticket with theming and scale and will still send the same message that Disney is trying to do with the splash redo while adding needed capacity to the parks. They could build it out next to thunder mountain and park the ferry boat nearby with a Louisiana-style inspired food hall environment and princess and the frog character meet and greet on the boat.

Dan Deesnee

No, this will not be cancelled. What could happen, if anything, is a delay.

Then another delay.

Then in 4-6 years people will barely remember this was being done in the first place.

Not saying I think that will happen, but if they decide not to do this that is likely HOW it will happen so as to not upset the tens of people who actually want this.

Incomudro

Then another delay.

Then in 4-6 years people will barely remember this was being done in the first place.

Not saying I think that will happen, but if they decide not to do this that is likely HOW it will happen so as to not upset the tens of people who actually want this.
Disney is on a Disneyquest, and there is no indication that there is anyone left in the company who is against their direction.

Trauma

Now that Iger is back I fear he will be all too happy to slash the budget on this. I wish they would do this at Disneyland first. That way if it’s a dumpster fire it can be canceled in Orlando.

Disney Glimpses

I think it's pretty universally agreed within Disney and out that financially speaking, this project is a wash at best. Right now is a super weird time to do such a project. Under any other circumstances, this project would've been cancelled long ago.

FettFan

I fear that if they do a poor job, the blame will cast upon those who notice that and mention it - as our not being accepting of its inclusiveness, and empowerment - which is a relatively common tactic these days.
I hope they do a spectacular job, with spectacular visuals, and fun songs - but when I watch the videos of the ride in fully functioning form, I see a bar that is very high.

Aye. The Ghostbusters 2016 Defense.

Sony and Dudebro were all like "Oh, you thought our movie was terrible? YOU MUST BE A MISOGYNIST! AND A RACIST! AND YOU PROBABLY VOTED FOR TRUMP! #IMWITHHER"

Despite the fact that the movie was clearly even a more confused mess than Caddyshack 2.

At least Bill Murray was able to avoid that embarrassment.
main-qimg-4d0f382fdf08568a85562b7466277541-lq

FettFan

Then another delay.

Well, after what happened to the Tron Coaster... "Opening Fall 2021", "Opening Fall 2022", "Opening Spring 2023", "It'll Open When It Opens, Just Buy More Stuff, Aight?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom