News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Rteetz

Slightly harsh…but not out of bounds.

It was neat at first…but after an hour…the flaws of the projection, mediocre overpriced food and…this is weird…awful ventilation of the kitchen that floods the dining room with smells…got to me a bit.

Better view at coral reef and LESS fish smell 🐠
Hey look I agree with you!

Disstevefan1

Slightly harsh…but not out of bounds.

It was neat at first…but after an hour…the flaws of the projection, mediocre overpriced food and…this is weird…awful ventilation of the kitchen that floods the dining room with smells…got to me a bit.

Better view at coral reef and LESS fish smell 🐠
I would like to try it once; I will not be happy unless I can sit next to the screens.
For the record, I never tried Coral Reef, same applies, I want to sit next to the tanks.
Someday for both maybe.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would like to try it once; I will not be happy unless I can sit next to the screens.
For the record, I never tried Coral Reef, same applies, I want to sit next to the tanks.
Someday for both maybe.
I was right in the middle…didn’t seem to matter much

Same NOT true at coral reef.

I was at a wedding reception once there in their meeting room…an Eisner/wells classic

DoleWhipDrea

Of all Future World (or whatever the hell they call this portion) pavilions, health should be the easiest to keep futuristic. We are well-aware if what we should be able to do in 20 or 30 years in medicine. Certainly in a more-definitive way than space travel. And I’m sure they could even find a pharma sponsor to be the Official Headache Medicine of Disney Parks or provide the fabulous employee health plans.

If only the deal with MetLife hadn't fallen through because of employee healthcare plans.

Surely someone at Disney feels a modicum of pressure to do something with the WoL pavilion? Like, is there a team who are scrambling to implement a plan B now that PLAY! is cancelled? Even if that plan B is an empty rest area or something?

Not anyone that ultimately gets to decide whether a project gets funding or not. For now, plan B is keeping it closed.

I just figured that the people who green-lit PLAY went through a process like this:
  1. Exec decides they should do something w/WoL
  2. Data shows it's worth an investment of $X
  3. What can/should we do with WoL that would be worth investment of $X
  4. WDI comes up with ideas that meet requirements (scope, budget, IP mandate, etc.)
  5. Exec chooses PLAY!
  6. A plan is made, approved
  7. Marketing begins to make hay
  8. Work begins
If so, it seems like trouble at #8 might then push them back to level, I don't know– #3?
But it seems like folks here are saying the decision-making process goes all the way back to #1?

9. Turnover/changes in leadership and staff
10. Wait, how much is this costing?
11. Hit the brakes before it's finished and has to be fully financially accounted for

montyz81

I just noticed that the “Play Pavilion” poster is still for sale on the DStore website. Wouldn’t they remove that is the plan for the new experience was indeed cancelled?

mightynine

At this point, I'm assuming it's not cancelled per se, but it's on its way to becoming a seasonal pavilion once again (if it ever opens)

Cmdr_Crimson

Aren't pins still being sold with the pavillion logo? I mean it's possible the logo could still be used for another incarnation of the pavillion.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Is it still listed as Future Home of Play on the current printed park map? It has been for 3 years now.

DreamfinderGuy

Aren't they on demand prints? A simple delete solves this..
I'm not sure how these are made, I assumed they had a small stock on hand and printed more if necessary. Even so, it's still something they're making money on, why bother taking it down? It being on demand is even more reason to keep it up, no loss in keeping the listing, only stand to gain.

tparris

Is it still listed as Future Home of Play on the current printed park map? It has been for 3 years now.
From today
7DF7DED2-1AB6-4B04-A04C-056276864EBE.jpeg

DreamfinderGuy

Assuming this project really is dead, do we expect them to ever reuse Wonders at this point? I get this bad gut feeling that it won't be touched for another decade, and when the time finally comes to do something they'll just put a new building in that plot. The only thing making me think otherwise is how much they invested in structural work.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Assuming this project really is dead, do we expect them to ever reuse Wonders at this point? I get this bad gut feeling that it won't be touched for another decade, and when the time finally comes to do something they'll just put a new building in that plot. The only thing making me think otherwise is how much they invested in structural work.
Been 15 years…why rush?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom