Disney plans hiring freeze, some jobs cut......

Smiley/OCD

I never said people love it. And it’s main reason of existence is not so they can cut labor. There’s also a difference between physical capacity and operational capacity.
Especially since they took all those benches away so people have ABSOLUTELY NO place to even sit when it gets crazy busy…(which is why I LOVE the MK refuge that is TSI…)

Last edited:

Kamikaze

I am glad you believe that and sincerely hope you are right. But WDW has a long history of cutting when it's doing well in order to help make the company better.

Bob's memo went out to all of his leadership, not all of his leadership except parks.
Thats how memos work.

There are other areas that won't see cuts and they also got the memo. Doesn't mean anything.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
However cruel, Wall Street likes it when companies re-org .
If they got rid of Chapek today, what really changes tommorow?

D+ will still be the ticking time bomb in the corner.
Studios and TV will still be hemorrhaging.
Parks will still be the beat up ATM in the shady part of town that all the other divisions have to use to prop themselves up.

Unless they want to nuke everything and spin stuff off, nothing changes no matter who the pretty face is at the top. #1 Bob leveraged his ego to rack up debts the company would never be able to pay back.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's going to be d

If they got rid of Chapek today, what really changes tommorow?

D+ will still be the ticking time bomb in the corner.
Studios and TV will still be hemorrhaging.
Parks will still be the beat up ATM in the shady part of town that all the other divisions have to use to prop themselves up.

Unless they want to nuke everything and spin stuff off, nothing changes no matter who the pretty face is at the top. #1 Bob leveraged his ego to rack up debts the company would never be able to pay back.
Unfortunately this is what makes chapek the perfect instrument - in the streets eye - for now.

People chirped when they extended him…but it makes perfect sense. For him too. He’s the perfect hatchet man. And he gets rich quick in his 60’s

This arrangement is so easy…like fishing with dynamite.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Can you share the link to that thread, please? I would love to follow that discussion.
As I mentioned elsewhere, more changes are possibly on the way in an attempt to fix the system.

Dated one park, one day tickets. No reservation needed since you reserve when buying (see Paris)

Other media, potentially hoppers and resort packages with tickets, and also ticket add ons, will also be date based when purchased. Sales will stop for a given day when a limit is reached.

Prices for all the above will vary depending on day / date and park.

Hopping limits are likely to be removed for various admission media.

These changes could be implemented in the near term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom