Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

AKemily

The new Poly tower (someone dubbed it the “Polyday Inn”) will not ruin existing views from current longhouses or the beach as it is being built beside them. What it will do is crowd the landscape around the lagoon, and make Poly transportation, restaurants and shops more crowded.
It will make EVERYTHING more crowded. The parks are packed yet they keep building hotels. (Yes I said hotels, not resorts) Where do they expect these people to go? What do they expect these people to do?
Such a shame! More crowds are the last thing Disney needs.
So true!

same-laugh.gif

Loco_driver

Albert Einstein defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

That’s me and Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Tonight would be my 5th attempt at attending a MNSSHP event. All have had rain, with two parties being complete wash-outs. I’ve never seen the headless horseman, never seen the complete Boo To You parade, never seen the Castle stage show, never seen Carlotta shrouded in fog in front of Haunted Mansion. I’ve stood in a torrential downpour on Main Street to watch the fireworks and trudged through ankle-deep puddles seeking shelter in indoor attractions.

Over the years I’ve had non-refundable party tickets in August, September and October.

A sensible person would say, “That’s it. I’m cursed. I’m done with purchasing MNSSHP tickets. The odds of my attending a non-inclement weather party are nil.”

So why was I so eager to snap up tickets when they went on sale in May?

Go back and reread the first sentence of this post.

Woody, the realist, could not understand why I’d bought tickets. But he humored me (as he often does) and said he’d even wear a special (as in uncharacteristic for him) shirt to the party. Neither of us are into costumes though we enjoy the creativity of those who do dress up.

So we waited for a break in the rain to head over to MK. The monorail wasn’t operating, so we joined a hundred of our closest friends at the bus stop.

View attachment 676993

View attachment 676994

We waited several minutes. No buses came by. The monorail was still out of service. It dawned on me that when a bus did show up, not everyone at the stop would fit on board.

We opted for Plan B. Walk to the TTC and take the ferry. While we were on our way it started to rain again.

View attachment 676995

And the rain rain rain
Came down down down

View attachment 676996

View attachment 676997

View attachment 676998

See all the people on the right? Those were day guests waiting to leave. We ferry-folks had to merge into one line in order to get by them. It took nearly 10 minutes for us to do so….in pouring rain. During that time I played out a realistic scenario in my mind:

Outdoor attractions closed.
Wet bodies, especially feet. (Woody hates having wet feet.)
No headless horseman.
Truncated (if any) Boo To You parade.
Crowded indoor spaces.
Long lines for food.

As Woody approached the turnstile entry I called out, “Nope, this way!” and we got in line at Guest Relations.

View attachment 676999

We exchanged our MNSSHP tickets (and by exchanged I mean paid the price difference) for MVMCP tickets. I’ve had much better luck with weather at the Christmas parties. (But if it rains a week from Tuesday, Woody may forbid me to purchase any more special event tickets. 🤣)

Twenty-five minutes later we were in line for the boat to Poly. The monorail was still down and the line for the ferry was long.

View attachment 677001

This was the exact opposite of the “fun transportation evening” Em and I had last month. Upon our return to Poly we got take-out from Capt. Cooks for the third time today.

Though I’d intended to watch the Halloween fireworks from the top of the stairs (the spot I’d checked out this morning) it was sprinkling and I was too tired to make the effort.

Tuvalu 0
MNSSHP 5
I’m gonna be honest with you. I don’t even like MNSSHP. After our last party we decided never again. Always feels crowded, and the weather is almost always awful. Give me the Christmas party any day!

93boomer

Premium Member
Albert Einstein defined insanity as “doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

Tonight would be my 5th attempt at attending a MNSSHP event. All have had rain, with two parties being complete wash-outs. I’ve never seen the headless horseman, never seen the complete Boo To You parade, never seen the Castle stage show, never seen Carlotta shrouded in fog in front of Haunted Mansion. I’ve stood in a torrential downpour on Main Street to watch the fireworks and trudged through ankle-deep puddles seeking shelter in indoor attractions.

Over the years I’ve had non-refundable party tickets in August, September and October.

A sensible person would say, “That’s it. I’m cursed. I’m done with purchasing MNSSHP tickets. The odds of my attending a non-inclement weather party are nil.”

Woody, the realist, could not understand why I’d bought tickets. But he humored me (as he often does) and said he’d even wear a special (as in uncharacteristic for him) shirt to the party. Neither of us are into costumes though we enjoy the creativity of those who do dress up.

So we waited for a break in the rain to head over to MK. The monorail wasn’t operating, so we joined a hundred of our closest friends at the bus stop.

View attachment 676993

View attachment 676994

We waited several minutes. No buses came by. The monorail was still out of service. It dawned on me that when a bus did show up, not everyone at the stop would fit on board.

We opted for Plan B. Walk to the TTC and take the ferry. While we were on our way it started to rain again.

View attachment 676995

And the rain rain rain
Came down down down

View attachment 676996

View attachment 676997

View attachment 676998

See all the people on the right? Those were day guests waiting to leave. We ferry-folks had to merge into one line in order to get by them. It took nearly 10 minutes for us to do so….in pouring rain. During that time I played out a realistic scenario in my mind:

No headless horseman.
Crowded indoor spaces.
Long lines for food.

As Woody approached the turnstile entry I called out, “Nope, this way!” and we got in line at Guest Relations.

View attachment 676999

We exchanged our MNSSHP tickets (and by exchanged I mean paid the price difference) for MVMCP tickets. I’ve had much better luck with weather at the Christmas parties. (But if it rains a week from Tuesday, Woody may forbid me to purchase any more special event tickets. 🤣)

Twenty-five minutes later we were in line for the boat to Poly. The monorail was still down and the line for the ferry was long.

View attachment 677001

This was the exact opposite of the “fun transportation evening” Em and I had last month. Upon our return to Poly we got take-out from Capt. Cooks for the third time today.

Though I’d intended to watch the Halloween fireworks from the top of the stairs (the spot I’d checked out this morning) it was sprinkling and I was too tired to make the effort.

Tuvalu 0
MNSSHP 5
This may be us Thursday night with that tropical system coming. 🙁 Keeping fingers crossed!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I’m gonna be honest with you. I don’t even like MNSSHP. After our last party we decided never again. Always feels crowded, and the weather is almost always awful. Give me the Christmas party any day!
I like the Christmas party better too. I love watching the toy soldiers in the parade.
Thanks for the encouragement you guys. After years of seeing all the fun pictures and videos of MNSSHP (under ideal conditions) I get FOMO and want to try it again. Now I am shifting my focus to MVMCP! 🎄

fractal

View attachment 676993

View attachment 676994

View attachment 676995

And the rain rain rain
Came down down down

View attachment 676996

View attachment 676997

View attachment 676998

No headless horseman.
Crowded indoor spaces.
Long lines for food.

View attachment 676999

View attachment 677001

Tuvalu 0
MNSSHP 5

I've planned to go skiing 4 times in my life. Each time something happened to prevent me from going; car broke down, blizzard, nasty flu, friend going with broke his hand. I finally told myself these are messages from above and I was just not meant to hit the slopes on skis.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, August 24

The sun was out in all its glory when Woody and I left our longhouse this morning. In fact there would be no rain at all this day (of course 😉). Yet somewhere in my subconscious I must have anticipated a rainy MNSSHP because I’d booked us a MK park pass for today.

Park hours were 9am - 11pm, with early entry for resort guests at 8:30. It was also extra magic hours for deluxe resort guests from 11pm - 1am.

“We’ll stay in the park from 8 til 1!” Woody announced triumphantly.

He wasn’t wrong. Although I knew he meant 1pm, not 1am. :hilarious:

We were about to pass “the clothesline room”. For the last three days, the occupants of this room had left their swim attire on a makeshift clothesline across their patio.

DF730675-C05F-489B-8556-5294F3770FCE.jpeg

E05F7B00-4040-4F05-852F-09912505EA29.jpeg

Not only was it tacky, they obviously did not understand the dynamics of the humidity in central Florida. Those suits were never gonna get dry - especially when left out overnight!!

After a normal propulsion monorail ride, we were inside the park at 8:03 am. I did get my Halloween on, albeit 13 hours too late!

9B88EFF7-B896-42E7-B532-0B58C4FD5EEE.jpeg

Loved candy corn costumed Huey and Dewey in the window of the Confectionery. (Didn’t see Louie!)

12D09454-5F92-4AAE-B995-E434DBB8810F.jpeg
57D8D5DF-429D-4CDC-9C71-81EAA03D725E.jpeg

To have an apartment on Main Street would be so cool!

6DACAB2C-117F-4A62-86FE-D0FDDD120A53.jpeg

(Someone must reside here….there’s a mailbox! 😉)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

For some reason there was a new photo op which I noticed on our way to scan in for early entry.

30D40BE5-413B-4C56-9895-0C5CDC58B30A.jpeg

The Castle was looking glorious as we waited on the bridge for rope drop.

8DA5FD85-1BDE-483C-BD3F-DEDD7C84B931.jpeg

Cordy Pooh!

9FF2C263-B5A9-4983-89E3-A5C3ACF8D618.jpeg

What? No crowds?

2A1D6784-E91A-40B7-99EC-2CA96697A4C9.jpeg

8BB30A2E-AD60-48A4-BA59-9044E272E24F.jpeg

We got to fly over Neverland quickly!

FBA9741E-59D4-4E1B-9524-BA5AB0C1D13E.jpeg

D7B16C69-D74C-4135-B2AE-D3A3260B5EDF.jpeg

Two attractions during early entry with two minutes until official opening. Where would we go next?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom