Iconic Purple Directional Signs Being Replaced

Disstevefan1

It may be fun for you, but knowingly posting false statements to stir the pot is little better than trolling.
I am not sure if I ever posted a fact about anything here.

If I used the word fact it was more than likely in an opinion post of a post complaining about WDW,

"It's a fact, I think Moana the journey of Concrete should not be in EPCOT"

It's all in fun! ;)

If you are looking at my posts for facts, the fact is, it's the wrong place to look. If you are looking for a laugh, i am trying. ;)

There are plenty of folks here who post (facts?)

Sir_Cliff

I am not sure if I ever posted a fact about anything here.

If I used the word fact it was more than likely in an opinion post of a post complaining about WDW,

"It's a fact, I think Moana the journey of Concrete should not be in EPCOT"

It's all in fun! ;)

If you are looking at my posts for facts, the fact is, it's the wrong place to look. If you are looking for a laugh, i am trying. ;)

There are plenty of folks here who post (facts?)
I guess if your account is supposed to be a parody and critique of people who complain about the direction the company is taking, I can at least see what you're going for.

Otherwise, it just reads as reflexive negativity with no real thought behind it.

Sir_Cliff

I find the new signs bland, but it was time for the old ones to go.

Also, they're road signs. Their goal is to get people from place to place, not be themed masterpieces. Bland is fine.
I feel pretty much the same. The new ones don't exactly excite me, but the old ones screamed 1990s and I think the new ones look nice enough and also sufficiently different from the road signs outside of WDW in Central Florida.

LittleBuford

I feel pretty much the same. The new ones don't exactly excite me, but the old ones screamed 1990s and I think the new ones look nice enough and also sufficiently different from the road signs outside of WDW in Central Florida.
As a huge fan of the ’90s aesthetic, I’m personally sorry to see the old signs go. It doesn’t help that the new ones look like British motorway signs!

No Name

They may have *attempted* visibility, but the desire to color-fy everything led to putting a yellow-orange lettering on a red background. That is way down the list of optimal visibility.

While I'm OK with green or blue or purple backgrounds on informational signs. The use of danger-red for directional information is a big no-no.

Also, serif?

At least the arrow is very visible!! In fact, look at the next sign down the road. The arrow is super-visible!! An arrow to what? Who knows, but at least we know to go forward!!

This is a poster child for what *not* to do.

View attachment 676723
We still haven’t seen what will become of signs like this, that aren’t just distinctly 90s because of their color scheme but also because of their shape. That’s the real question.

Disone

What about the red and purple, with yellow and white accents screams 1990s?? These are not 1990s colors. I don't understand this comment.

LittleBuford

What about the red and purple, with yellow and white accents screams 1990s?? These are not 1990s colors. I don't understand this comment.
wy23se5VuWF574aHoljxvwoSudK.jpg

Disone

Wrong shades of both purple and yellow.
And to be sure, before I posted the question I googled colors of the 1990s. Those road signs are definitely not reminiscent of the 1990s.

They are too much of the primary colors from a crayola box to be. Not muted

It's like fire engine, red. Royal purple. Banana, yellow. The true unmuted version of each of those colors.

CaptainAmerica

Man, I'm as big on the "Disney only cares about making things cheap" train as anyone, but seriously, questions on paint cost? Blue is the new resort color, I can't imagine there is anything more to it than that. I still don't like that these are harder to read, but good lord, this isn't a cost thing.
No, we've moved on. It's not a cost thing anymore. Now it's a conspiracy to screw the taxpayer.

MinnieWaffles

I just realised on seeing this thread again that when I was at WDW last month, I only ever saw the purple signs, none of the new blue ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom