Disney Wish

Surfin' Tuna

There are certainly some things that need to be fixed or altered but I would argue you could say that about all of them.
There are definitely things to address in all of the ships. That goes w/o saying. I wonder if the concern many are echoing is why so many bizarre changes that do not make things better. I'm going next month no matter what, so we will see what I think. Ultimately, it only matters what we all think. I'm hoping I love it, since it would be great to have a new ship that we love so close to home for the occasional mini-vacation.

EOD K9

There are definitely things to address in all of the ships. That goes w/o saying. I wonder if the concern many are echoing is why so many bizarre changes that do not make things better. I'm going next month no matter what, so we will see what I think. Ultimately, it only matters what we all think. I'm hoping I love it, since it would be great to have a new ship that we love so close to home for the occasional mini-vacation.
If all else fails, remember this, you are still on a Disney Cruise.

Kramerica

Just got back from a 3 night on the Wish, got married actually! Had a great time and the ship was beautiful but we’ve both decided it’ll likely be our last time on the ship. The layout was confusing, the adults area was really disappointing, and as weird as a gripe as this is. I really hated having only two elevator banks. Oh, and the buttons in the elevators are totally not okay

Kramerica

Congrats on the wedding!!!!

We are on the Wish next week, and I'm already starting think it might be a one time deal. That's okay, we still have the other four :)
Don’t get me wrong, you’ll have a great time, it’s still a great ship. But I’m hearing this is a one and done for a lot of other people as well. Let us know how your trip is, have a great time!

Oh, and thanks!!

EOD K9

Don’t get me wrong, you’ll have a great time, it’s still a great ship. But I’m hearing this is a one and done for a lot of other people as well. Let us know how your trip is, have a great time!

Oh, and thanks!!
Congrats. The consensus is that it’s a beautiful ship but it doesn’t live up to what a new ship should be. This was a one and done for me unless they have a particular itinerary I want. I still really liked 1923, Marceline Market and Festival of Foods.

Surfin' Tuna

It's still a Disney cruise, so we are excited and will enjoy it. I have a feeling this will be a once and done, but I'm looking forward to being surprised. We're back on the Fantasy early next year, so either way we'll get our fill of DCL. I just don't understand how Disney is missing the mark on so many things lately.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's still a Disney cruise, so we are excited and will enjoy it. I have a feeling this will be a once and done, but I'm looking forward to being surprised. We're back on the Fantasy early next year, so either way we'll get our fill of DCL. I just don't understand how Disney is missing the mark on so many things lately.
Given that you have decided to spent the money to sail on it, my suggestion is to go in with an open mind...If you already have an opinion formed one way or another, it is likely you will only focus on things that confirm that predetermined opinion.
You may love it, you make like it, you may be disappointed.

Kramerica

Agree here, there are bright spots in this ship that we really enjoyed. Festival of foods, marceline market and 1923 being some of our favorites as well. We also thought the rooms were better designed on this ship. TVs being wall mounted, the shower having a glass door and the number of outlets beside the bed being a couple of notable examples. Implement these features onto the older ships and that would be my ideal cruise ship.

Congrats. The consensus is that it’s a beautiful ship but it doesn’t live up to what a new ship should be. This was a one and done for me unless they have a particular itinerary I want. I still really liked 1923, Marceline Market and Festival of Foods.

Surfin' Tuna

We're excited no matter what. This is the first time since 2019 we've been able to cruise. I really believe that any day on a Disney cruise is better than a day on land, so it will be great. Once we get off, then I'll show up with my gripes. Until then it's happy times ahead for us :)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I just don't understand how Disney is missing the mark on so many things lately.

If I had to venture a guess…

8B672FC3-3C95-41A2-8F9D-EAFC5EF4F400.jpeg

And guess who now has a sign on that same building? Mr. D’Amaro.

EOD K9

Agree here, there are bright spots in this ship that we really enjoyed. Festival of foods, marceline market and 1923 being some of our favorites as well. We also thought the rooms were better designed on this ship. TVs being wall mounted, the shower having a glass door and the number of outlets beside the bed being a couple of notable examples. Implement these features onto the older ships and that would be my ideal cruise ship.
I also enjoyed the floor mounted lights in the bathroom and the fact that the switch was inside the bathroom. On our cruise, many people dressed for the roaring 20s on their 1923 night. Did anyone else experience this? If so, I would have thought something like this would have taken a while to get going. I was on voyage number 16.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I also enjoyed the floor mounted lights in the bathroom and the fact that the switch was inside the bathroom. On our cruise, many people dressed for the roaring 20s on their 1923 night. Did anyone else experience this? If so, I would have thought something like this would have taken a while to get going. I was on voyage number 16.
We didn’t notice anyone dressed in 20’s garb.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It may have just been our sailing.
Possibly, although I admit I didn't look around the entire dining room (we were on the Roy side). I could definitely see some people doing it, however. I'm not one of those people, I don't want to pack that much for a cruise. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom