News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

UNCgolf

I would say the park is in better shape than it was in 2015 on

That's probably true, but with the amount of money they've spent (or at least originally planned to spend; who knows what they've actually spent), it should be closer to what it was in the late 80s-mid 90s. It's not even close to that -- the park's functional capacity is almost certainly lower now (and probably significantly so) than it was then, outside of dining.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Remember: The cancelation of PLAY! is still a rumor. And consider the source.

It is, and that's obviously not a quality source, but it already felt like they were on the verge of quietly canceling it when they said nothing at D23. It hasn't been mentioned when they've discussed EPCOT in quite a while.

None of our insiders have refuted it, either.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

This was the project I was least excited about so I won’t be too upset if it’s actually cancelled, I just hope it’s being cancelled to reallocate the money to SSE, Poppins, or another project and not just being cut out of the budget.

I’d rather see a ride go into the building than a play pavilion anyway but my guess is it’ll sit empty for another decade, or go back to convention space. It’s pretty sad I’ve been to Epcot a couple dozen times over the last decade and never even had the chance to step foot in the building.

UNCgolf

This was the project I was least excited about so I won’t be too upset if it’s actually cancelled, I just hope it’s being cancelled to reallocate the money to SSE, Poppins, or another project and not just being cut out of the budget.

I’d rather see a ride go into the building than a play pavilion anyway but my guess is it’ll sit empty for another decade, or go back to convention space. It’s pretty sad I’ve been to Epcot a couple dozen times over the last decade and never even had the chance to step foot in the building.

I've actually hoped it would be canceled, because it sounded like such a waste of the pavilion. Once they'd built it and opened it, it was almost guaranteed to sit as-is for well over a decade, which means the space wouldn't be used for anything worthwhile (including the shuttered attraction space that they weren't even using for Play).

saxamoophone

I've actually hoped it would be canceled, because it sounded like such a waste of the pavilion. Once they'd built it and opened it, it was almost guaranteed to sit as-is for well over a decade, which means the space wouldn't be used for anything worthwhile (including the shuttered attraction space that they weren't even using for Play).
This.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Agreed... it has so much more potential than what was planned... hopefully it doesn't sit unused for another decade before they finally decide to do something with it...

TwilightZone

DCC13408-F745-41-A9-AEAE-67-E0-DDFB8782.png

Can’t wait for DCA/Paris Studios 2!

bhg469

How is it possible to see what's going on inside the pavilion from the monorail that only gives you a view of the outside frontage?
You get a great look around the outside almost to the back... It looks as though nothing has been disturbed.. Obviously inside cannot be seen but if there was work being done, I'm sure people here would have said something.

ToTBellHop

We’re not asking the most important question if this rumor is true: how long will the flagpole be bare at the entrance?
I understand it will be replaced with a statue of Walt, in profile, dreaming while on a toilet. He was a true visionary since more than 50 years after his death, the most significant dreaming I read about on social media comes to people while on the toilet 20 minutes longer than required.

Did you know the vision of Epcot came to Walt while…enthroned?
1666188515202.jpeg

bhg469

I am flabberghasted that everyone seems to think this is gospel. I'll hold my judgment until literally any reliable source says something.

And lack of refutation from a reliable source doesn't equate a confirmation.
If this is "on" one would surmise they would be working on the exterior as well as the interior.. It looks like an overgrown abandoned road side attraction.

mattpeto

I am flabberghasted that everyone seems to think this is gospel. I'll hold my judgment until literally any reliable source says something.

And lack of refutation from a reliable source doesn't equate a confirmation.
The MDE digital map are due for some updates...

I'm guessing we'll have TRON added in January and maybe even Splash will be updated with TBA coming soon. We'll also have Journey of Water/spine art work added at some point next year and likely the removal of the barges in April.

One of those updates will just remove Wonders of Life and Disney will confirm that the PLAY! Pavilion has been cancelled, if it's so...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If this is "on" one would surmise they would be working on the exterior as well as the interior.. It looks like an overgrown abandoned road side attraction.
The Splash retheme is "on", but they haven't touched the outside yet.

Why work on prettifying the pavilion's front yard with landscaping if it's going to be simply delayed for another year?

Fear

From yesterday. They're still maintaining the roof.

Additionally, they didn't start TRON hardscape until very recently. Landscaping would be last on their list.

bhg469

The Splash retheme is "on", but they haven't touched the outside yet.

Why work on prettifying the pavilion's front yard with landscaping if it's going to be simply delayed for another year?
Because it is terrible looking from the monorail. It is just a really bad look.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom