Fantasmic Reopening Watch

rescue_ranger

That segment is at Disneyland and we’re not even sure if we’re getting the new princess scene. I’d prefer we don’t to keep the shows different.

Agreed but it sounds like there are going to be a lot of similarities so assuming that's true, that's the one part I hope they fix. I assume it would need to be rearranged anyways as I'm VERY doubtful they've added the Aladdin carpet.

gerarar

Premium Member
come on..., let Rapunzel(or at best Tiana) be a part of WDW's version, are we really having a Fantasmic that has Elsa & Moana, but keeps Pocahontas, Snow White, and Snake Jafar?..., this is unfortunate
Tiana is a part of WDW's F!, along with Moana who isn't present in DL's F! 2.0

they just appear on the finale boat tho..

pdude81

There is scarce availability at the old F! dining spots in early December (where I had a longer ADR window). My assumption is they are holding back inventory for this and F! dining packages will be readily available.
ADR's at DHS always seem rather scarce these days, but I hope you're right? Gotta eat somewhere

pdude81

Everyone is beating down the doors for a coveted booth at mamma melrose’s
I know it's insane, but I'm just saying anecdotally that I've had trouble finding anything other than like 2pm times at Mama Melrose or Brown Derby if not booking at 60+. Back in the day these places were wide open

Starship824

In the Parks
No
come on..., let Rapunzel(or at best Tiana) be a part of WDW's version, are we really having a Fantasmic that has Elsa & Moana, but keeps Pocahontas, Snow White, and Snake Jafar?..., this is unfortunate
Snake Jafar is great in my opinion I love that part. And what’s wrong with having all those characters be in the show? I just don’t want WDW F! 2.0 to copy the new scenes from DL F! 2.0. I just want them keep the shows unique.

rescue_ranger

Do you mean similarities between DL Fantasmic 2.0?

Yes, that's my understanding is that they're wanting to make similar updates to the soundtrack. That makes me think things like the villains scene and princess scene will see the most updates (outside of the loss of Pocahontas).

I'm still undecided on 2.0. I like it but I also feel WDW has the potential to be a better show. I know a lot of purists disagree but as someone who grew up with DL's F!, I think WDW has a better set up for it. Everyone has opinions but I personally think the Mark Twain swallows the performers and they stand out better on the steamboat willie ship. And the mountain with Mickey at the top looks a lot more cinematic than the cabin. Just my thoughts.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yes, that's my understanding is that they're wanting to make similar updates to the soundtrack. That makes me think things like the villains scene and princess scene will see the most updates (outside of the loss of Pocahontas).

I'm still undecided on 2.0. I like it but I also feel WDW has the potential to be a better show. I know a lot of purists disagree but as someone who grew up with DL's F!, I think WDW has a better set up for it. Everyone has opinions but I personally think the Mark Twain swallows the performers and they stand out better on the steamboat willie ship. And the mountain with Mickey at the top looks a lot more cinematic than the cabin. Just my thoughts.
It’s the dragon that does it for people, myself included. I like WDW’s show until we get to the paper mache dragon.

Starship824

In the Parks
No

Yeah, I like certain elements of our show and certain elements of the Disneyland version but I think what makes the Disneyland version better is the pirate ship, the dragon and the mark Twain. I’d give things like the princess scene, snake, and the finally to the WDW version.

I know it's insane, but I'm just saying anecdotally that I've had trouble finding anything other than like 2pm times at Mama Melrose or Brown Derby if not booking at 60+. Back in the day these places were wide open
Was wondering the same thing. Just had my 60 days on Friday and wasn't able to get anything at DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom