We Survived Ian … in an RV. Another JenniferS Live Trip Report

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
By the numbers:

We did four separate hook-ups , our first boondock, our fourth hurricane … zero fights.

We spent at least one night in four different campsites (counting Carroll’s, but not counting the boondock), plus one hotel.

We met one AMAZING family, reconnected with half of a wonderful couple we met on our first long trip, and spent an entire day with our good MAGIC friend.

Mike has kindly provided our trip specs in both metric and imperial. 98 hours in the car over the course of 6 weeks.

Metric:
8BD39EC4-F2BD-4CF7-B835-DAAB77EC106B.jpeg

Imperial:
AE237245-C39C-4BD7-920B-E0DCC41E454E.jpeg

Current time 4:10. Can someone just tell me to go to bed already.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
By the numbers:

We did four separate hook-ups , our first boondock, our fourth hurricane … zero fights.

We spent at least one night in four different campsites (counting Carroll’s, but not counting the boondock), plus one hotel.

We met one AMAZING family, reconnected with half of a wonderful couple we met on our first long trip, and spent an entire day with our good MAGIC friend.

Mike has kindly provided our trip specs in both metric and imperial. 98 hours in the car over the course of 6 weeks.

Metric:
View attachment 671784

Imperial:
View attachment 671785

Current time 4:10. Can someone just tell me to go to bed already.
Downton Abbey Violet Crawley GIF by PeacockTV

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Jennifer, as others have mentioned -- we don't want your TR to come to an end. This one was particularly fun and very different. I never knew anyone who did the RV / camper, (whatever the correct term is), type of vacation. So, it was a learning experience for me, to see how it all went together. :)

Now, go to sleep!! :joyfull:

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
Hello Michigan. Good-bye fillings.
Good thing I’m going to the dentist on Tuesday anyway.

How true.

Listen To Your Heart Abc GIF by The Bachelor

There’s a road near me that has a ton of pot holes and was under construction for months. They finally reopened it and all of the pot holes are still there. 🤦🏻‍♀️ What the heck were they doing?!?

Glad you made it home safely. Thanks for sharing your trip and Happy Thanksgiving!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hopefully you're still sleeping well past noon, have decided cooking a turkey today can wait until tomorrow and let the boys unload everything
I may hold off on the turkey until Tuesday. Ski is away on a camping trip until Monday night. Still thinking.

It’s a frozen pre-stuffed Butterball, so no thawing is required. Decide which day you want it, pop it into the oven frozen, and voila 6-7 hours later, there’s your meat and stuffing (we call it dressing) perfectly done.

So idiot proof, even JenniferS can do it. Even a sleep deprived JenniferS should it be tomorrow.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I may hold off on the turkey until Tuesday. Ski is away on a camping trip until Monday night. Still thinking.

It’s a frozen pre-stuffed Butterball, so no thawing is required. Decide which day you want it, pop it into the oven frozen, and voila 6-7 hours later, there’s your meat and stuffing (we call it dressing) perfectly done.

So idiot proof, even JenniferS can do it. Even a sleep deprived JenniferS should it be tomorrow.
I didn't even know such a bird existed:eek:

Goofyernmost

Jennifer, as others have mentioned -- we don't want your TR to come to an end. This one was particularly fun and very different. I never knew anyone who did the RV / camper, (whatever the correct term is), type of vacation. So, it was a learning experience for me, to see how it all went together. :)

Now, go to sleep!! :joyfull:
I wrote a small book (Family memorandum, unpublished) about all the travels that I could remember from age 10 to almost current a few years back. I tried to make it humorous but the first chapters were based on RV travel from Maine to Florida and other assorted close by trips with my parents. Those were a long string of disasters, but I tried to find the humor in that while making it more of a 'you will never get me to do RV travel again, even at gunpoint'. We never ran into any Hurricanes, but every other way a vacation could be ruined happened at one time or the other. I know that my parents loved RVing in spite of all that, but I vowed to never, ever even think about it again. They did it to save money on travel. My philosophy was more the 'if I can't afford to stay in hotels or eat in restaurants then I can't afford to go' standard. Of course, RV travel in the early 60's was no where near the luxurious set up that @JenniferS was experiencing. Back then it was just one step above being a tent in the woods.

My father had a side business at our home (big front and side yard) selling RV's and even the most expensive and equipped travel trailer in existence was just barely, what would be called, comfortable.

Last edited:

SSH

I am amazed and impressed at the zero fights. I've occasionally thought about what it would be like to travel via RV, but know it's not for us. Our idea of camping is a hotel without a complimentary breakfast buffet. Despite being happily married for many decades, I also guarantee we'd be divorced at the end of an RV trip and I'd be in therapy shortly after. There are certain things we agree we are not meant to do together - home improvement projects and RV traveling.

But at least I get to experience it vicariously through TRs like this. Always enjoyed your past trip reports, but this one was particularly fun. Thank you for taking us along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom