WDW literally falling apart

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
According to the Site That Must Not Be Named, a portion of the facade in front of Keystone Clothiers at DHS fell off today, taking a light fixture with it.

The rot is getting worse.

Again, didn't Sir Robert Iger once brag on a conference call that he cut the parks' maintenance budget?

Thank god the huge piece of facade didn't hit anybody. Since Keystone Clothiers sells mostly Star Wars and Marvel junk, one must wonder if the Wrath of Walt has struck again...

LittleBuford

According to the Site That Must Not Be Named, a portion of the facade in front of Keystone Clothiers at DHS fell off today, taking a light fixture with it.

The rot is getting worse.

Again, didn't Sir Robert Iger once brag on a conference call that he cut the parks' maintenance budget?

Thank god the huge piece of facade didn't hit anybody. Since Keystone Clothiers sells mostly Star Wars and Marvel junk, one must wonder if the Wrath of Walt has struck again...
Why are you assuming it’s a maintenance issue? The report you refer to states, “Cast Members we spoke to speculated at that an electric wheelchair struck the facade and then the large portion fell down, but that is unconfirmed at this time.”

G00fyDad

Why are you assuming it’s a maintenance issue? The report you refer to states, “Cast Members we spoke to speculated at that an electric wheelchair struck the facade and then the large portion fell down, but that is unconfirmed at this time.”
But should an ECV hitting the facade below be enough to dislodge a portion of upper wall if it were properly maintained?

Casper Gutman

An electric wheelchair running into a wall should absolutely not cause a large portion of wall and a lighting fixture to collapse. If a park that is full of electric wheelchairs (and huge crowds) on a daily basis is not built and maintained to withstand one hitting a wall, that is absolutely the fault of the people building and maintaining the park.

LittleBuford

But should an ECV hitting the facade below be enough to dislodge a portion of upper wall if it were properly maintained?
An electric wheelchair running into a wall should absolutely not cause a large portion of wall and a lighting fixture to collapse. If a park that is full of electric wheelchairs (and huge crowds) on a daily basis is not built and maintained to withstand one hitting a wall, that is absolutely the fault of the people building and maintaining the park.
My point is that the rush to declare this a maintenance issue seems more than a little premature in the absence of further information.

StarWarsGirl

will-not.gif

ToTBellHop

It wasn’t like this in the 80s and I’m getting sick of it. It’s all over the park.

1664205574612-jpeg.669282

1664205595686.jpeg

1664205609965.jpeg

Shame on you, Bob! I used to be proud to be a bellhop here! I just updated my resume this morning to apply for a job as coffee boy at the newly reopened Museum of Antiquities up the highway. I will work where I’m appreciated.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

Not sure how anyone thinks that was done by an electric wheelchair.
To be clear, I was quoting what the report said before I’d paid proper attention to the pictures. And my purpose was not to promote the wheelchair theory (which, as the report noted, was unsubstantiated speculation), but to underscore the fact that all we are doing at this point is guessing as to why this happened.

I’d originally intended to leave my post at “Why are you assuming it’s a maintenance issue?”; I wish I’d done so.

Last edited:

G00fyDad

I remember seeing photos of that same store inside once several years ago (during Iger's run) that showed the inside walls falling apart. It looked like a chunk of wall fell loose and exposed the inside of the wall behind some area near a window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom