News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

BuddyThomas

Uhhh, no - facts are facts.
I don't get to declare that.
Zootopia is about people, it's animals living human lives with jobs in the PD, DMV, riding trains, living in cities that they built.
It's not about animals.
There's nothing about it that fits the premise of Animal Kingdom.
If you can't understand the difference, I don't know what to tell you.
Got it. No animals are in Zootopia. Oh, wait....

lazyboy97o

Got it. No animals are in Zootopia. Oh, wait....

Aren’t you a writer? Do you really not understand allegory?

BuddyThomas

Aren’t you a writer? Do you really not understand allegory?
I understand allegory just fine. What I don't understand is members of a Disney board telling me that there are no animals in Zootopia. And once again, if walking talking animals are such an absolute disgrace in Animal Kingdom, then they must get rid of all of this immediately, right?

MIckey minnie animal.jpg

donald animal.jpg

goofy animal.jpg

lazyboy97o

I understand allegory just fine. What I don't understand is members of a Disney board telling me that there are no animals in Zootopia. And once again, if walking talking animals are such an absolute disgrace in Animal Kingdom, then they must get rid of all of this immediately, right?

View attachment 668560

View attachment 668561

View attachment 668564
Nobody has said there are no animals in Zootopia. That’s just what you keep repeating instead of addressing the actual issue. It’s also not just “members of a Disney message board” but also the creator of the park, something you refuse to acknowledge.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Nobody has said there are no animals in Zootopia. That’s just what you keep repeating instead of addressing the actual issue. It’s also not just “members of a Disney message board” but also the creator of the park, something you refuse to acknowledge.
Parks evolve & just because the mighty Joe says something doesnt mean it has to be true… could have easily said it knowing they were planning on possibly putting Zootopia there & was looking to create this debate bc i cant picture the 2 leaving on pleasant terms & lets face it Dinoland was an embarrassment from day 1. I know talking bad about Joe is heresy but hey what can i say. Just a thought

lazyboy97o

Parks evolve & just because the mighty Joe says something doesnt mean it has to be true… could have easily said it knowing they were planning on possibly putting Zootopia there & was looking to create this debate bc i cant picture the 2 leaving on pleasant terms & lets face it Dinoland was an embarrassment from day 1. I know talking bad about Joe is heresy but hey what can i say. Just a thought
Insulting the man doesn’t actually refute the idea.

BuddyThomas

DoctorNick - "The animals in Zootopia are people with fur".
Peter11435 - "They are not animals. At all."

There are others. I don't feel like looking for them.

So, with this thesis, there are no animals in any Disney movies because they speak and have human qualities. Thank God someone was kind enough to let me know.

I won't be returning to this ridiculous thread so feel free to continue to condescend along with your pals. I won't be reading it.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Insulting the man doesn’t actually refute the idea.
Not insulting him just speaking fact. Dinoland is awful & now all of a sudden we are in an uproar its getting an overhaul? If everyone wants to bow to Joe well you have to call him out where he has failed right? & my other comment is nothing more than a possible motivation or at the bare minimum his thoughts doesnt mean everyone involved may think the same way he did…

ToTBellHop

I don’t think Dinoland was ever about conservation or animals dealing with animal issues. It’s about human greed with some sci-fi thrown in. And Nemo sees fish thinking, talking, and singing as humans dealing with distinctly human issues. There is at least an opportunity here to move closer to the park’s vision but we can’t judge that until we see it.

The impact of the natural world on humans is at least as apparent in Moana as it in in Harambe. I would hope they will similarly focus on some of the Zootopia locations in a more natural setting. Tundratown or perhaps the Rainforest District.

If it’s a city with taxicabs, I’ll be disappointed.

lazyboy97o

Not insulting him just speaking fact. Dinoland is awful & now all of a sudden we are in an uproar its getting an overhaul? If everyone wants to bow to Joe well you have to call him out where he has failed right? & my other comment is nothing more than a possible motivation or at the bare minimum his thoughts doesnt mean everyone involved may think the same way he did…
Once again, poor execution (which does not extend to all of Dinoland) does not negate the idea. Even more so when the poor execution is only a portion. Nothing about Dinoland being awful has to do with it following the No Pants Rule.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Once again, poor execution (which does not extend to all of Dinoland) does not negate the idea. Even more so when the poor execution is only a portion. Nothing about Dinoland being awful has to do with it following the No Pants Rule.
So wouldnt poor execution fall mostly on Joe? Again if we are going to praise him we have to be able to criticize him as well… honestly i have no clue what they plan on doing there & using Zootopia to replace Dinosaur when to me that ride is one that needs love is a mistake not bc of the IP going there but because to me Dinosaur can still be a great fun ride… the plan for TS/PW area i dk but that needs help bug tine but again. NONE of this solves the problem of this park needing capacity. Are they really going to take down another 2 rides in
That park?!?

lazyboy97o

So wouldnt poor execution fall mostly on Joe? Again if we are going to praise him we have to be able to criticize him as well… honestly i have no clue what they plan on doing there & using Zootopia to replace Dinosaur when to me that ride is one that needs love is a mistake not bc of the IP going there but because to me Dinosaur can still be a great fun ride… the plan for TS/PW area i dk but that needs help bug tine but again. NONE of this solves the problem of this park needing capacity. Are they really going to take down another 2 rides in
That park?!?
I didn’t say he couldn’t be criticized, but again, the issues with Dinoland have nothing to do with the themes of park being poor themes. Just doing anything because something could use improvement is also a lousy justification. If the argument is that Dinosaur needs work then there an infinite number of things which could be done to improve the ride experience without disregarding the themes of the park.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I didn’t say he couldn’t be criticized, but again, the issues with Dinoland have nothing to do with the themes of park being poor themes. Just doing anything because something could use improvement is also a lousy justification. If the argument is that Dinosaur needs work then there an infinite number of things which could be done to improve the ride experience without disregarding the themes of the park.
Listen i agree. Dinosaur just needs some TLC. No need to retheme that at all. TS & PW(gone already) that area needs to be redone & done correctly with some worthwhile attractions. Now of Dino is phase 2 which i believe was mentioned by @ToTBellHop to be rethemed to Zootopia good chance its not happening nor happening anytime soon so good chance that gets nixed as well.

LSLS

Are people in an uproar that it gets overhauled, or in an uproar at what it's changed to? I agree with my wife we need a new car. I disagree that we need fully loaded top of the line Lexus LX. That does not mean I suddenly think our 2002 car is perfect and we no longer need to replace it. I think replacing what Dino currently is with a new land makes sense. I disagree that Zootopia has any place. That doesn't mean I think Dino is suddenly great, it just means I don't think Zootopia works as a replacement. If they expand the Moana idea to a large land where the theme is a land (not just Moana), I think it could work well.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Are people in an uproar that it gets overhauled, or in an uproar at what it's changed to? I agree with my wife we need a new car. I disagree that we need fully loaded top of the line Lexus LX. That does not mean I suddenly think our 2002 car is perfect and we no longer need to replace it. I think replacing what Dino currently is with a new land makes sense. I disagree that Zootopia has any place. That doesn't mean I think Dino is suddenly great, it just means I don't think Zootopia works as a replacement. If they expand the Moana idea to a large land where the theme is a land (not just Moana), I think it could work well.
To me the current Dinosaur ride needs some TLC as i said but a completely new IP?!? I dont think so especially with so many other glaring problems elsewhere. As far as TS & PW area yes that needed to be demolished decades ago and honestly dk how they can possibly make that area worse even if they tried. A boring spinner and a carnival attraction that kids couldnt ride and parents came off wounded on lol…

Phicinfan

Poor comparison.
To be fair, no it really isn't.... Other than Cars Land is in a theme park and area unto itself.

You could argue though to a point, why are we okay with Lion King which are originally animated animals acting like people as well, or at least more animated than animals. Bugs life is a similar situation, but at least they are living a "bugs" life. But he does have a point on Mickey Mouse and Co walking around for meet and greets though.

To me the key issue with Zootopia is what folks brought out. It is placing "animals" in a city and metropolitan area and having them act as people, and just don't see a good way to add that to a park like Animal Kingdom that embraces the idea of animals in their natural setting.

I also fear we are worried over not much, as I doubt we see it in the next 10 years at this rate.

Phicinfan

To me the current Dinosaur ride needs some TLC as i said but a completely new IP?!? I dont think so especially with so many other glaring problems elsewhere. As far as TS & PW area yes that needed to be demolished decades ago and honestly dk how they can possibly make that area worse even if they tried. A boring spinner and a carnival attraction that kids couldnt ride and parents came off wounded on lol…
This is just me, but do we really want Disney to TLC Dinosaur? It has always been a bit of a rough ride, the animatronics always have issues, and to be honest, TLC for Disney lately is gut the ride and replace it with something else - see GMR and now Splash Mountain as examples

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
This is just me, but do we really want Disney to TLC Dinosaur? It has always been a bit of a rough ride, the animatronics always have issues, and to be honest, TLC for Disney lately is gut the ride and replace it with something else - see GMR and now Splash Mountain as examples
Yes what they did to GMR and Splash was and is an utter disgrace i know i just started yet another heated debate regarding Splash cue the forum police 🤷‍♂️…. Sadly i agree with you on what Disney has done but i think Dinosaur altho rough was always a fun and different ride and something that was different to the parks down in Florida… and everyone loves dinosaurs so to me if they really wanted to do this right they could but yes you are correct they probably dont and most likely forget how to as well…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom