Trip Report Everything Is Just So Peachy Keen! *COMPLETED*

It certainly was for us Georgia peaches this last week! For those who may be new here, let us introduce ourselves. We are Tuvalu and Em, a mother-daughter duo who love traveling together to Walt Disney World. We take multiple trips per year (this was our third for 2022) and for us, time spent at our resort is just as important to us as time spent in the parks. Slow-paced relaxation is vital to us!

I’m sure this laid-back vibe is what draws people to cruises: pools, bars, a variety of restaurants and activities from which to choose . I can’t do ships. But I can happily “land cruise” at WDW!

Hope you decide to follow along and learn about the surprises on our most recent voyage.

When: July 20-27, 2022
Where: Disney’s Yacht Club and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge Resorts

7E160415-7A3A-4F3E-864F-F9C0094A947D.jpeg

Nothing can stop us now!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yo Ho, Yo Ho

Running through the queue we go

E9ED4C5A-19F3-4C56-9CA6-DEDF2D275ABF.jpeg

(We didn’t really run.)

Today was “none of your ride photos will appear day”. Fortunately I sensed that might happen and was proactive.

3C4924E5-A82E-4073-9B49-411EA4E9C080.jpeg

(Mr. America didn’t seem to mind.)

Since we didn’t know when our last ride on Splash Mountain would be our “last ride ever on Splash Mountain” we didn’t want to waste an opportunity!

EF7B679F-AB2B-467F-813F-F594E15E33F5.jpeg

Sign pic for posterity.

385747C2-58A3-4A8F-A7D2-BEB7F7D6A424.jpeg

Unofficial ride photo.

4216D0A2-550C-4FBA-BAE0-EA87812307A9.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
After our Splash soaking, we checked the wait for Big Thunder Mountain. But it was too long….and too hot….for our liking.

The app showed that Haunted Mansion was still down, but we headed that direction anyway, ever optimistic that it MIGHT reopen the moment we got there.

Along the way we were treated to a serious cosplay. I took the pictures for my brother, who’s an Animal fan.

1A522A7D-DD8D-4C89-913E-B2B7F9357552.jpeg

25E96EEA-A354-4FF8-8F80-9C91C9C7BF42.jpeg

joshsprincess921

After our Splash soaking, we checked the wait for Big Thunder Mountain. But it was too long….and too hot….for our liking.

The app showed that Haunted Mansion was still down, but we headed that direction anyway, ever optimistic that it MIGHT reopen the moment we got there.

Along the way we were treated to a serious cosplay. I took the pictures for my brother, who’s an Animal fan.

View attachment 667085

View attachment 667086
That's dedication! I can't imagine that wearing that mesh? tulle? and having it sticking to my body in the Florida heat.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Em and I hoped lunch would be a better experience than IASW.

B32FE184-13E4-4993-B17F-CB210A828BBA.jpeg

The Fantasyland side of Columbia Harbor House is exit only. Entry is in Liberty Square.

Earlier we had placed our mobile order. I pushed I’m Here right after taking the picture above. Before we’d even reached the entrance door I received the Your Order is Ready notification.

It was a lie. Our order wasn’t ready.

Receiving the notification before our food is actually IN the pick up spot has become a common occurrence for us. When we arrive at the counter there are two Cast Members, one who looks at my phone for the order number and the other who goes to fetch the food. The CM who verified the order number then gets the beverages, and the two meet up to place everything on a communal tray.

While this is not a problem for me, the verbiage is a tad misleading. 😉

Em was able to secure a table in our favorite location.

546DB1D5-AD5C-4A59-954E-236FFD50AA5F.jpeg

We don’t eat nuthin’ that comes from a harbor. We are coop gals! (Explains our love for chick chat :hilarious:.)

Views while we ate.

990253A6-34F4-4CCB-8EBF-8AA1EB55B3B0.jpeg

8A147EAC-167F-4E92-B0C7-92DA2890408A.jpeg

Some sort of training going on? Or a tour?

There was an interesting situation inside the restaurant as well. I watched a woman meticulously take every green bean off her partner’s plate with a fork, then place each bean into a tall paper cup. (See Em’s Coke above for size reference.)

I can only assume the cup was empty - and clean - based on what she did next.

DFB2EC26-0A34-4F6A-8D6A-734BF04545EA.jpeg

She put a plastic beverage lid on the cup and stood up, holding the cup and a fork in her hand. Her companion also stood up and the two of them headed out, leaving their lunch garbage on the table!!

I sure hope they enjoyed that green beans snack later in the day.

pkkurz

View attachment 667256

The Fantasyland side of Columbia Harbor House is exit only. Entry is in Liberty Square.

Earlier we had placed our mobile order. I pushed I’m Here right after taking the picture above. Before we’d even reached the entrance door I received the Your Order is Ready notification.

Receiving the notification before our food is actually IN the pick up spot has become a common occurrence for us. When we arrive at the counter there are two Cast Members, one who looks at my phone for the order number and the other who goes to fetch the food. The CM who verified the order number then gets the beverages, and the two meet up to place everything on a communal tray.

View attachment 667257

We don’t eat nuthin’ that comes from a harbor. We are coop gals! (Explains our love for chick chat :hilarious:.)

Views while we ate.

View attachment 667258

View attachment 667259

There was an interesting situation inside the restaurant as well. I watched a woman meticulously take every green bean off her partner’s plate with a fork, then place each bean into a tall paper cup. (See Em’s Coke above for size reference.)

View attachment 667261

She put a plastic beverage lid on the cup and stood up, holding the cup and a fork in her hand. Her companion also stood up and the two of them headed out, leaving their lunch garbage on the table!!

We paused close to there on our “Taste of the Magic Kingdom Tour” in January 2020. Little did we know that the World would shutdown shortly thereafter. BTW that day was the coldest I’ve ever been in MK. It was 36 degrees on the boat ride from the TTC at 7:15am.
9973DF79-3085-40AC-98FD-CEB13DC68DE8.jpeg

Billy6

View attachment 667256

View attachment 667257

Views while we ate.

View attachment 667258

View attachment 667259

View attachment 667261

BBQ or Honey Mustard??

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We paused close to there on our “Taste of the Magic Kingdom Tour” in January 2020. Little did we know that the World would shutdown shortly thereafter. BTW that day was the coldest I’ve ever been in MK. It was 36 degrees on the boat ride from the TTC at 7:15am. View attachment 667316
Great pic and what a memorable experience!

When I was in college, the dining hall used to serve salmon Caesar salad every now and then. I swear you could smell it from inside the academic buildings. 🤢
Kind of like the adjacent areas to Cape May at dinner time? :hungover:

BBQ or Honey Mustard??
BBQ

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom