News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm shocked about the negativity on this forum. Disney villains, Coco and Encanto are all popular Disney properties and the fact that this would be an expansion and not a replacement makes this seem like a no-brainer. This is a fantastic idea and you all are needlessly negative.

No winning on this forum.

Negativity on this forum should be about as shocking as a Disney price increase. ;)

With that said, I will be more excited about this when there is more of an indication that it's actually going to happen.

DCLcruiser

Psst. They were talking about a premium experience where you could see what 'powers' you get get when you get 'your' door .
Ooo, like with your MB+ or MDE app. Like the old way we interacted with windows, etc. That's not a bad idea.

An Encanto restaurant where the room came to life through each course would be cool. That should 100% be on the new Disney Treasure ship.
I think a creative middle ground would be the full execution of a South America land, complete with representative animal habitats and programming, and the ability to visit the Family Madrigal while you are exploring the area.

Similarly, I think Moana should complement Australia and the Pacific Islands.
Agreed.

yensidtlaw1969

Why do we need a subforum when we dont even know what or IF is even happening

Disney literally turned the presentation into their own rumor forum
We need a subforum for "Disney-Branded Rumors™️" - Rumors the company officially starts themselves but neither confirms nor denies their relation to reality.

We can start with threads on this, Zootopia at Animal Kingdom, and the "Disneyland Forward" project.

DCLcruiser

Why do we need a subforum when we dont even know what or IF is even happening

Disney literally turned the presentation into their own rumor forum
Beyond BTMRR is clearly a real thing. That area is prime for expansion. WDWmagic adding a new subforum makes sense as each miniland has its own pros and cons. One thread complaining about the general idea is fine, but not as good as specific topics.

CoasterSnoop

This is a fantastic idea and you all are needlessly negative.
But that's exactly the issue. It's nothing more than an idea of what "could" be. And it just got presented as such on a professional convention stage by leadership of a multi-billion dollar conglomerate.

Meanwhile, a number of other projects that have broken ground and have started construction but were postponed were just... absent, with no word if they're still on or not.

SNS

But does anyone care+
about Zootopia?

I remember liking the movie but I wouldn't want to see it replace Dinosaur. What someone said in the other topic about the Shanghai ride seemingly using the Indiana Jones/Dinosaur ride system in the concept art does seem to spell the end of Dinosaur though.

Captain Neo

Beyond BTMRR is clearly a real thing. That area is prime for expansion. WDWmagic adding a new subforum makes sense as each miniland has its own pros and cons. One thread complaining about the general idea is fine, but not as good as specific topics.

Thats nothing new. Ten years ago we had pretty substantial rumors of a Frontierland expansion with Lewis & Clarke and Woody but it didnt happen. If there is another major recession they will cancel this project just like the last attempt

tanc

I'm shocked about the negativity on this forum. Disney villains, Coco and Encanto are all popular Disney properties and the fact that this would be an expansion and not a replacement makes this seem like a no-brainer. This is a fantastic idea and you all are needlessly negative.

No winning on this forum.
I want this to happen, but it's literally just like a sales pitch. I personally am quite excited for the Villians part, but this may never come to fruition. Going to hurt wallets way more if a massive expansion officially being built too.

Indy_UK

I remember liking the movie but I wouldn't want to see it replace Dinosaur. What someone said in the other topic about the Shanghai ride seemingly using the Indiana Jones/Dinosaur ride system in the concept art does seem to spell the end of Dinosaur though.

I’ve tired 3 times to watch Zooptia and have fallen asleep every single time so I’m never going to be sold on a land.

I’d rather Indiana Jones than Moana or Zootopia

Touchdown

I think the progression makes perfect sense, Mexico is right next to the SW US and all its fantastical elements would only be accessible in the rides while the midway remained realistic. Then as we curve back towards FL we go further South into Encanto where “hard magic” is now all around you but we still have a Hispanic thread to tie it into Coco then (via a magic portal I assume) we suddenly find Bald Mountain area looming just behind Belles Village that is tied much more to FL. It’s a little bit of a hard change between Encanto and Villains but so is Liberty square to FL.

DCLcruiser

Thats nothing new. Ten years ago we had pretty substantial rumors of a Frontierland expansion with Lewis & Clarke and Woody but it didnt happen. If there is another major recession they will cancel this project just like the last attempt
Understandable. However, was L&C mentioned at an official Disney event? Was Woody's L&C Adventure a bonafide hit movie? CoCo, Moana and Villians (movies and merch) are all popular and up Bob's alley.

I’ve tired 3 times to watch Zooptia and have fallen asleep every single time so I’m never going to be sold on a land.

I’d rather Indiana Jones than Moana or Zootopia
Indy would be incredible and fit Asia/Everest area, but again, it's not really about animals.

Captain Neo

Understandable. However, was L&C mentioned at an official Disney event? Was Woody's L&C Adventure a bonafide hit movie? CoCo, Moana and Villians (movies and merch) are all popular and up Bob's alley.

No but Beastly Kingdom and Dick Tracey Crim stoppers were announced at official Disney events as was the Russia pavilion for EPCOT and believe me when I say those projects were alot more concrete than what was shown today. Should we have subforums added for them as well?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom