News D23 Expo 2022

Sir_Cliff

I don’t have many answers. But shoving this IP into the MK anywhere but Fantasyland reaffirms my opinion of current management. And our choice of taking our money elsewhere after this year.
Would either Coco or Encanto fit Fantasyland, though? Honestly, I think a mini-land off Frontierland or perhaps Adventureland would work better thematically.

SplashJacket

Personally I'm fine with the MK expansion but I have no idea why people are getting so hyped about it (not on here, on social media sites) when none of these plans are confirmed to be happening. They're all just brainstorming ideas. And if they do end up happening, I fully expect them to be scaled back budget wise.
The MK expansion is HUGE news if they follow through with a massive expansion there. Doesn’t matter what it’s filled with.

We know Dinoland overhaul is guaranteed to happen, they announced some random ideas on what they can fill it with, but it doesn’t matter, we know it’ll happen.

Then they announced the MK Frontierland connector, which, doesn’t matter what fills it, shows they’re actually considering it. It’s exactly what Magic Kingdom needs. New physical space with a lot of attractions.

Amidala

Would either Coco or Encanto fit Fantasyland, though? Honestly, I think a mini-land off Frontierland or perhaps Adventureland would work better thematically.
Personally, I think Encanto would be a better fit for Fantasyland (maybe a New Fantasyland 2.0 mini-land of the outlying village and one dark ride inside the house) whereas a Coco village and the land of the dead would be a better expansion for Frontierland. It's just hard to get excited about these concepts when the likelihood of any of this actually happening feels so small.

UpAllNight

I don’t have many answers. But shoving this IP into the MK anywhere but Fantasyland reaffirms my opinion of current management. And our choice of taking our money elsewhere after this year.

We’re doing Universal, Seaworld & Busch this coming trip and skipping Disney, which is unheard of. We were considering a day ticket for Epcot for Food and Wine, but after this nonsense I’ll just spend another day at Islands.

I‘m feeling it’s time to take a break from Disney and try out some of the European parks I’ve not been too, like Efteling, Phantasialand, Europa Park etc.

I know many won’t replicate these thoughts, but i can justify high costs to myself if I can see the money being reinvested into the product. With Disney now it feels like a blatant laugh in the face.

Cmdr_Crimson

Voice actors ain’t cheap.
Keith David is also a voice of another Disney Character...
angry-goliath.gif

CaptinEO

Reposted my thoughts from the DL thread:

Great:
Portos
WDW shows being removed

Good:
WoC Replacement

Neutral:
Sanfrantokyo
New Fireworks

Weird:
Kevin Fiege on Stage
John Favreau on Stage

Awful and Awkward:
The "brainstorming" concepts that are real but not real that somehow took what seemed like a half hour of time with awful dialogue.

Most Brutal:
The Figment Fakeout

Biggest Loser:
Tie between WDW fans who wasted time watching this and DL fans that were convinced Tommorowland was getting an overhaul

Biggest Winner:
Me because I like portos and I dislike the 50th WDW shows, can't wait to see them gone and can't wait to grab a box of pastries on our way out of Disneyland.

doctornick

Rememebr I’ve talked about an expansion N/W of Splash? It’s a development of this and the prior plan. But as demonstrated today detail is as clear as mud.
So, the path would go from the train station behind Splash and I would guess need a bridge over the canal and build on the northern edge of RoL? Would this go all the way around to connect to Liberty Sq?

Would this involve TSI at all? Or putting bridges to the island and stopping the water traffic on the RoL?

Sir_Cliff

Personally, I think Encanto would be a better fit for Fantasyland (maybe a New Fantasyland 2.0 mini-land of the outlying village and one dark ride inside the house) whereas a Coco village and the land of the dead would be a better expansion for Frontierland. It's just hard to get excited about these concepts when the likelihood of any of this actually happening feels so small.
I agree on the excitement point, but does Colombia really fit into Fantasyland? Seems like a huge clash with the existing storybook European theming.

EPCOT-O.G.

Reposted my thoughts from the DL thread:

Great:
Portos
WDW shows being removed

Good:
WoC Replacement

Neutral:
Sanfrantokyo
New Fireworks

Weird:
Kevin Fiege on Stage
John Favreau on Stage

Awful and Awkward:
The "brainstorming" concepts that are real but not real that somehow took what seemed like a half hour of time with awful dialogue.

Most Brutal:
The Figment Fakeout

Biggest Loser:
Tie between WDW fans who wasted time watching this and DL fans that were convinced Tommorowland was getting an overhaul

Biggest Winner:
Me because I like portos and I dislike the 50th WDW shows, can't wait to see them gone and can't wait to grab a box of pastries on our way out of Disneyland.
Was it just me or was there no pop whatsoever (despite a pause for applause) for King Thanos?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So, the path would go from the train station behind Splash and I would guess need a bridge over the canal and build on the northern edge of RoL? Would this go all the way around to connect to Liberty Sq?

Would this involve TSI at all? Or putting bridges to the island and stopping the water traffic on the RoL?
I don’t know. But a previous suggestion was scrap all river use and bridge the river.

Stevie Amsterdam

Same here. My partner and I cancelled our DLR trip we had planned for 2023, right after the D23 parks presentation. Luckily we didn’t buy entrance tickets yet and the hotel was 100% refundable. We are traveling to WDW next Sunday and we’ll be sure to have a nice trip. We were saving up to go again in 2030 (for my 50th birthday) but instead we’ll go to Japan again, or a different destination all together.

doctornick

The MK expansion is HUGE news if they follow through with a massive expansion there. Doesn’t matter what it’s filled with.

We know Dinoland overhaul is guaranteed to happen, they announced some random ideas on what they can fill it with, but it doesn’t matter, we know it’ll happen.

Then they announced the MK Frontierland connector, which, doesn’t matter what fills it, shows they’re actually considering it. It’s exactly what Magic Kingdom needs. New physical space with a lot of attractions.
This is kind of my take. I’m thrilled just that the north side of RoL is being truly considered for expansion. The specifics of what goes less is actually less important IMHO than that they would be adding attractions and space to MK which needs it.

Amidala

We’re doing Universal, Seaworld & Busch this coming trip and skipping Disney, which is unheard of. We were considering a day ticket for Epcot for Food and Wine, but after this nonsense I’ll just spend another day at Islands.

I‘m feeling it’s time to take a break from Disney and try out some of the European parks I’ve not been too, like Efteling, Phantasialand, Europa Park etc.

I know many won’t replicate these thoughts, but i can justify high costs to myself if I can see the money being reinvested into the product. With Disney now it feels like a blatant laugh in the face.
Idk, I get the Universal comparison (loosely) but to me, Seaworld & Busch don't offer anything approaching what Disney does, even in its current iteration. Unfortunately, I think that's why they feel so little motivation to innovate with the parks, even with Epic Universe on the horizon...they're aware they've cornered the market on themed experiences, at least within the U.S. to the point that it might as well be a monopoly.

Would love to visit parks like Efteling and Europa, but I can't imagine this would save you any money once you factor in the cost of flights and lodging out of the country. Since visiting Europe (to me) is a trip in itself, I would be more likely to spend a day at these parks, and the majority of my trip exploring the nearest cultural centers. When I visited DLP, it took up a very small fraction of my time in France, because there was so much more to see and do. Compare this with Orlando, which is 100% a theme park destination, well suited to a purely theme park-focused trip. YMMV if you travel to Europe frequently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom