News D23 Expo 2022

yensidtlaw1969

Has the MK Frontierland concept art made its way online? I can’t find it
1662927065271.png

yensidtlaw1969

Rememebr I’ve talked about an expansion N/W of Splash? It’s a development of this and the prior plan
That's what I'm referring to, yes. I guess I had it in my mind that they had something very different planned for that plot of land. Maybe I'm getting some wires crossed.

It seems like the idea is that this would bridge behind or across the Rivers of America - is the idea that it would connect to Liberty Square or (dare I say it) Fantasyland?

WonderWab

I cannot believe I watched this thinking there would be some actual announcements. Disappointed in myself, should know better. 🤣
The only real announcements were Tron for Spring of 2023 and Moana for LATE 2023, which are both absolutely ridiculous considering how long they have been under construction.
Same! I booked a January trip with my mom with the expectation that Tron would be done by then... NOPE

BrianLo

Are people peeved about the MK idea? Or just that it doesn’t really exist?

My reaction is clearly way off the conversation here that I’m just picking up the pieces of

WonderWab

Think Disney demonstrated there’s no plan for Hollywood Studios. They couldn’t even muster some nonsense blue sky for it. Given their ridiculous build time, it looks like this hot mess of a park will continue in its current state for atleast the next 7-8 years. Youch.
They couldn't even confirm if the Mandalorian would be joining Galaxy's Edge in Hollywood Studios like he is in Disneyland! It's insane!

SplashJacket

Rememebr I’ve talked about an expansion N/W of Splash? It’s a development of this and the prior plan. But as demonstrated today detail is as clear as mud.
So would it connect all around from Big Thunder to Fantasyland?

If it is, it seems like it would have to be a Fantasy Springs level expansion to cover that much geography?

Smugpugmug

My reaction is clearly way off the conversation here that I’m just picking up the pieces of
Personally I'm fine with the MK expansion but I have no idea why people are getting so hyped about it (not on here, on social media sites) when none of these plans are confirmed to be happening. They're all just brainstorming ideas. And if they do end up happening, I fully expect them to be scaled back budget wise.

Sir_Cliff

It's kind of hard to know what to say about it because it was announced as something they've talked about but have no plans to do at this stage. Who knows what a Coco or Encanto attraction would even be in the new area or if it would look anything like the artwork they showed?

If they must go the IP route, a small Latin American area with a Coco and Encanto mini-land honestly seems a reasonable fit to me. Maybe a villains-land, too. It's all so vague, though, I find it hard to have an opinion.

WonderWab

I think an expansion of MK like that could be cool, but the way they presented it was simply awful. Speaking about it in a brainstorming way without offering any concrete details really frustrates and confuses me. I'd much rather they just come out and say, "We are adding Coco, Encanto, and Disney Villains in a space behind Big Thunder in the near future!"

Instead, they came out and said maybe this or OOooo maybe that! It seemed very obnoxious and unprofessional.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So would it connect all around from Big Thunder to Fantasyland?

If it is, it seems like it would have to be a Fantasy Springs level expansion to cover that much geography?
I don’t have many answers. But shoving this IP into the MK anywhere but Fantasyland reaffirms my opinion of current management. And our choice of taking our money elsewhere after this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom