News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Ghost93

The Moana section of the concept art looks stunning (assuming it doesn't fall victim to budget cuts). I have no problems with it replacing the carnival. I'm more hesitant about the Dinosaur ride being replaced, but I'd like to see how the Zootopia land in Hong Kong looks before I definitively say "no" to a Zootopia land.

UNCgolf

So, I’ve been talking awhile about Dinoland being the next area of work at DAK. The map I saw showed a Moana ride taking over Primeval Whirl (and then some) which we now know is the water ride. The spinner gets rethemed, which we see. The rest of Dinoland is rethemed. I believe a Zootopia e-ticket replaces Dinosaur. This is FAR less blue sky than the MK project. I would expect full details on the DAK land at Destination D23 next fall.

So you're saying they're going to ruin the best park they have?

Even Moana doesn't really make sense there, but it would at least fit visually. Zootopia is basically "shove whatever you want in there; who cares".

EDIT: I see the Zootopia addition is secondary and less likely to happen, thank god.

Last edited:

matt9112

I can actually get down with Zootopia if it’s put where Conservation Station is. Don’t hate me. But Moana in EPCOT and here? One is enough. Others are saying this is a Dinoland Replacement. They are crazy to not use expansion plots. Just starting work I am sure. Coming 2028!

Man I hate Chapek and this new Imagineering. Not thought just do.

They have no intention of increasing capacity in the near term. Rat and tron are from ages ago at this point….it’s a sad sight to see. I hope epic universe knocks some brain cells back into there heads. Dinosaur is an amazing ride. Like splash a ride they have let age poorly and rot. That is 💯 on them.

SNS

I'm disappointed I only got to ride Dinosaur once (in my 2016 trip) but I guess it's better then having never been on it.

I wonder if Moana would also replace the Finding Nemo musical?

yensidtlaw1969

Is that a skyline?

I thought that looked like an indoor building for "underwater" attractions. They showed a kid looking at a partially submerged hippo.
Yes, it's meant to resemble the Zootopia Skyline:

1662926925825.png

They alluded to a potential Zootopia addition to this part of Animal Kingdom in the presentation.

matt9112

Epic Universe going to take market share. I assume TDO is worried AK will be the WDW park that people choose to pass on.

These rides don’t look like a
The Moana section of the concept art looks stunning (assuming it doesn't fall victim to budget cuts). I have no problems with it replacing the carnival. I'm more hesitant about the Dinosaur ride being replaced, but I'd like to see how the Zootopia land in Hong Kong looks before I definitively say "no" to a Zootopia land.

Amazes me there going ahead with HK with china cracking at the foundations.

DCLcruiser

Yes, it's meant to resemble the Zootopia Skyline:

View attachment 666090

They alluded to a potential Zootopia addition to this part of Animal Kingdom in the presentation.
Thank you for the image.

Yes, I 100% recognize they want to add Zooptopia to DAK. I just didn't see it in the concept art. I thought that area was also Moana.

I would hope they stylize the backside of the skyscrapers to look like mountains so that you can't see it from the Tree, etc.

yensidtlaw1969

Thank you for the image.

Yes, I 100% recognize they want to add Zooptopia to DAK. I just didn't see it in the concept art. I thought that area was also Moana.

I would hope they stylize the backside of the skyscrapers to look like mountains so that you can't see it from the Tree, etc.
Thankfully the sightlines inside Animal Kingdom are frequently well controlled by the dense foliage. You'd have to go a good bit taller than Everest to be seen from the Tree of Life.

My concern would be what it might look like from outside the park - hopefully the buildings would be themed in 360 given how close they'd be to the Parking Lot.

But that's assuming any of this even happens, which is clearly not a given.

DCLcruiser

Thankfully the sightlines inside Animal Kingdom are frequently well controlled by the dense foliage. You'd have to go a good bit taller than Everest to be seen from the Tree of Life.

My concern would be what it might look like from outside the park - hopefully the buildings would be themed in 360 given how close they'd be to the Parking Lot.

But that's assuming any of this even happens, which is clearly not a given.
They could make a Zootopia Hotel portion, that is visible from the parking lot.

DCLcruiser

Zootopia does NOT fit with DAK, and I can't stress enough that you must be completely devoid of critical thinking if you think it does.
I keep debating this in my head. While the lands of DAK are about real animals (or real aliens?), there are characters walking around. So, anthropomorphic land sort of does fit.

gerarar

Premium Member
Why in the world would they rid of Dinosaur?! AK needs all the capacity it needs, and that's a moster ride with good capacity.

And now for my biased opinion – Dinosaur was my favorite ride at WDW for years until the recent additions (aka ROTR), so I would be devastated if they rid of it for a Zootopia ride/land....ugh

Keep it and build new things for additional capacity.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Why in the world would they rid of Dinosaur?! AK needs all the capacity it needs, and that's a moster ride with good capacity.

And now for my biased opinion – Dinosaur was my favorite ride at WDW for years until the recent additions (aka ROTR), so I would be devastated if they ride of it for a Zootopia ride/land....ugh

Keep it and build new things for additional capacity.
Zootopia would use the same ride system and capacity…but turn the lights on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom