News D23 Expo 2022

Captain Neo

Lmao is this the new game? Don’t announce anything but just show some ideas they are pitching to Chapek that may or may not happen and even they do will look nothing like the art?

“So we got nothing but here’s some ideas we’re spitballin’ check out this art!”

*audience filled with brain dead disneytards cheers*

LSLS

The only thing I can offer in his defense (because it was absolutely clumsily executed) is that the audience kept cheering at inappropriate times and then not cheering at inappropriate times. The whole cadence of the back-and-forth with the crowd fell completely flat.
True, but I'm blaming delivery. You say you are announcing something new. You bring out Mando, you talk about him, you talk about GE. And then 3 minutes later realize you didn't actually say this is a meet and greet and only disneyland.

fgmnt

I really do wonder about the future of WDW. You have two whole parks - EPCOT and Animal Kingdom - and a good bit of a third - Magic Kingdom - that were absolutely not designed with vertical integration with IP as their focus, but they are part of a company that now only sees things with that mindset.

The shoehorning of things will only get worse, IMO and that’s why you’ll end up with “What if Zooptopia was in Animal Kingdome because in that park, we tell stories with animals?”

I don't think of myself as someone overly deferential to the myths of legend-statused Imagineers, but I can only imagine how poorly Pandora would have gone over if Rohde was not there. It is an absolutely pitch-perfect addition to that park. To see it followed up with Moana in that same park is pretty insulting to anyone that could be called an external stakeholder to a project.

It has been clear for a majority of my life that regardless of the captains steering the ship in Burbank, they will treat EPCOT with open contempt. The original construction of that park is completely antithetical to how they want to run the parks division, so they will kneecap it, upcharge it, and straight up implode the heart in vain attempts to fix what they perceive to be fundamental problems with the park.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I agree with all of this, but I'll defend WDW on one point and criticize the fans on another point.

- Galaxy's Edge in Disneyland is by far the worst offender in this respect, but it's cooler to bash on WDW than on DLR.

They both suck…so there’s really no defending that.

Actually the Disneyland version feels “better oriented” to me…like the spacing doesn’t feel as off…which is weird.

WonderWab

Based on this "Boundless Future," Fantasmic is returning this year. We get Tron finished after 6 years, World Celebration finished, and the Hatbox Ghost in 2023. And in 2024, we get Splash Mountain reskin. Doesn't feel very boundless to me...

DisneyParkSlateD23.png

Indy_UK

For me, perhaps it not worth me moaning about the show,

We are going to WDW next august so will see Tron and the completion of WOrld celebration.

We are then going on the Wish for our first cruise, I’m surprised they are penning the 2nd new ship for 2024 so I think we will just enjoy CruiseLine for a while and Disneyland Paris

SplashJacket

To

Tokyo will make you even more disappointed in the TWDC…. Enjoy Tokyo… it’s Walt’s heart.
I've been to Tokyo in the past, just waiting for
Fantasy Springs to open.

I was at Disney World for two weeks this past
summer, I've been on Tron before. I have no real
reason to return for a long while. Was a great
time, but I can stay away for a long while. Had
about 10 days in Universal in 2021 and another
day in early 2022, so I'm good there until Epic
Universe opens.

No need to return to any of the other
international parks.

In 2023 | have a transatlantic cruise, in 2024
Anaheim and Tokyo, 2025 Epic Universe. I plan
on checking out Dollywood at some point in
there.

But Disney announces things way too early, and
now they're announcing blue sky projects. Then
when you follow along the forums like a super
fan, you know things even earlier, not worth it
when these projects are ages and ages away.

Just gonna transition away from being a super fan to a fan that goes occasionally.

EPCOT-O.G.

Lmao is this the new game? Don’t announce anything but just show some ideas they are pitching to Chapek that may or may not happen and even they do will look nothing like the art?

“So we got nothing but here’s some ideas we’re spitballin’ check out this art!”

*audience filled with brain dead disneytards cheers*
Hey now, that concept art they showed for Villains has been worked on since 1959, just like WDI totally had everything planned out for “years” before they dropped that Tiana Splash Thomas Kincaid art in June 2020.

stitchcastle

I don't think of myself as someone overly deferential to the myths of legend-statused Imagineers, but I can only imagine how poorly Pandora would have gone over if Rohde was not there. It is an absolutely pitch-perfect addition to that park. To see it followed up with Moana in that same park is pretty insulting to anyone that could be called an external stakeholder to a project.

I dunno, Moana makes about as much thematic sense as Pandora does being rammed into DAK. Maybe a little bit more sense considering Moana is based on earth and is a natural gateway to tropical and aquatic animals. The only reason Pandora looks like it fits is because it has a jungle setting and Moana will too with its greenery and wood-based native architecture. (Though honestly, Moana belongs in MK the same way Pandora belongs in DHS)

Patcheslee

I don't think any of us will ever forget this presentation. I am glad I was here to experience it live.
Prior to the presentation I thought, maybe it would be fun to go to one, now? Eh....
Based on this "Boundless Future," Fantasmic is returning this year. We get Tron finished after 6 years, World Celebration finished, and the Hatbox Ghost in 2023. And in 2024, we get Splash Mountain reskin. Doesn't feel very boundless to me...

View attachment 666076
Sorta pathetic they needed to add Starcruiser and Cosmic Rewind to the 2022 list, like they knew they didn't have enough to discuss for WDW.

Captain Neo

It kinda funny how Josh praises it's "Super" fans at this event, big change from last couple weeks as they were "unfavorable and referred to as legacy" fans prior whom eat up to much time in the parks with AP's. Cant have your cake and eat it too.

Superfan is a new term that chapek has been using in interviews lately. He actually uses it more deragotory implying that Superfans lay around the park and don’t spend money the same way tourists from out of town do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom