What was planned.....

WHO:
IMG_1741.JPEG

WHEN:
Friday, April 1st - Monday, April 4th

WHERE:
SSR 1 BR Villa
IMG_4415.JPEG

Remember us wishing that our return flight was cancelled on the previous trip b/c of the snowstorm??

IMG_4548.PNG

IMG_4549.PNG

Thanks to the above some slight changes had to be made.....

WHEN:
Friday, April 1st - Wednesday, April 6th

WHERE:
April 1st - April 4th
SSR 1 BR Villa in Congress Park
IMG_4530.JPEG

IMG_4531.JPEG

April 4th - 5th
SSR 2 BR Villa in The Grandstand
IMG_4813.JPEG

IMG_4814.JPEG

April 5th - 6th
SSR 1 BR Villa in The Paddock
IMG_4912.JPEG

IMG_4911.JPEG

And let me start out by saying that as awesome as it was to have a few extra Disney days it definitely comes with a price!! Financially & mentally!!
There is a lot of stress involved when you first realize that you're pretty much stranded & trying to figure out what you're going to do about it!! Not to mention the switching of the rooms over & over!!

But, I don't want to get ahead of myself. All that drama will come in due time!!

Welcome everyone!! Thanks to all who will be joining in on this crazy adventure!!

RememberWhen

I'm sure it was b/c we stayed at the Beach Club July 7th-14th!! She's been approached before so she's used to it!!🤣
Darn-you should have said something to her b/c I'm sure I wasn't far away. It would have been nice to say hello!!
Next time! We were staying at Boardwalk July 9-15! If only we had known! We passed her and J walking past Cape May. They were maybe headed to the pool and we were just poking around. I definitely did a double take and said something to my mom (who thinks it’s a little weird that I follow the Disney stories of internet strangers) about “those are Riverside’s family!!”

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6TH

We decided to grab lunch in Mexico. It had been awhile since we ate here. Usually, it's so hard to find a seat!!
IMG_4925.JPEG

I don't know why I was so dumbfounded over this but $80 for lunch for 3 people!! Really??
IMG_4926.JPEG

Hey, at least we had this lovely view:rolleyes:
IMG_4927.JPEG

Lunch was very good though!!
IMG_4928.JPEG

IMG_4929.JPEG

One last stop before we headed out!!
IMG_4930.JPEG

Keep in mind it was around noon at this point. Not like one has spent a full day in the park.....
IMG_4935.JPEG

IMG_4936.JPEG

I had to zoom in to get a better pic b/c I couldn't believe what I was seeing!!
IMG_4937.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Next time! We were staying at Boardwalk July 9-15! If only we had known! We passed her and J walking past Cape May. They were maybe headed to the pool and we were just poking around. I definitely did a double take and said something to my mom (who thinks it’s a little weird that I follow the Disney stories of internet strangers) about “those are Riverside’s family!!”
I'm more than likely sure it probable was them!!
Trust me, I know what you mean. It took my family awhile to get used to it also!! They "get it" now though!!😊

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6TH

We had some time to kill before Happy Limo showed up so I walked around the resort for a bit. Something else I forgot to mention--I had to reschedule the car service. Yet, another expense!!
IMG_4940.JPEG

IMG_4941.JPEG

IMG_4942.JPEG

Back in the mask days...
IMG_4948.JPEG

It was a boring flight home.
IMG_4951.PNG

We made it back to Pittsburgh with no issues though!!
IMG_4955.JPEG

Thanks everyone for following along!! Sorry for the big gaps in posting. Life is just too hectic sometimes!!
My plan is to catch up on everyone else's reports(remember I had said that I wasn't reading any until I finished this one) then hopefully start the one from July. Let's see how long that takes me!!
Thanks again everybody!!

BrerWayne

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6TH

We had some time to kill before Happy Limo showed up so I walked around the resort for a bit. Something else I forgot to mention--I had to reschedule the car service. Yet, another expense!!
View attachment 662990

View attachment 662991

View attachment 662992

Back in the mask days...
View attachment 662995

It was a boring flight home.
View attachment 662996

We made it back to Pittsburgh with no issues though!!
View attachment 662997

Thanks everyone for following along!! Sorry for the big gaps in posting. Life is just too hectic sometimes!!
My plan is to catch up on everyone else's reports(remember I had said that I wasn't reading any until I finished this one) then hopefully start the one from July. Let's see how long that takes me!!
Thanks again everybody!!
Thanks Riverside!!!! (Are you gonna change your name to Saratoga 🤣)Look forward to your next trip report!!!

erstwo

This was so great! I loved that nighttime picture you took of Saratoga too.

I can’t believe the prices you had to pay so last minute. I should be used to it, but it’s always so shocking. Which is why it cracks me up when someone asks (innocently) if Disney gives last minute booking discounts. I wish!!! If anything, they penalize you for not planning ahead with (what seems to be) higher rates! 🤪

I loved that you were all able to find some silver line to the delays. Looking forward to the next trip report as always!

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
Thank you so much for taking the time to share another brilliant trip report. Lovely bonus to see Tuvalu and Em again. We are there next September 2023 but unfortunately you and @Tuvalu visit during the school holidays so we know we cannot meet you then. Looking forward to your July TR. when you get free time.

lindawdw

I'm so glad you finished up this TR and although it was a big expense to add those additional days, you got to make more fun memories with Magicians friends. Your meals looked delicious along with those fabulous margaritas! So funny that R doesn't read any of your TR's unless he is in them! 🤣 🤣 🤣 I can't wait to hear about your July trip at The Beach Club. Thanks again for taking the time to entertain us with your family adventures at our happy place!!!
Well Done Bravo GIF by Friends

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom