What was planned.....

WHO:
IMG_1741.JPEG

WHEN:
Friday, April 1st - Monday, April 4th

WHERE:
SSR 1 BR Villa
IMG_4415.JPEG

Remember us wishing that our return flight was cancelled on the previous trip b/c of the snowstorm??

IMG_4548.PNG

IMG_4549.PNG

Thanks to the above some slight changes had to be made.....

WHEN:
Friday, April 1st - Wednesday, April 6th

WHERE:
April 1st - April 4th
SSR 1 BR Villa in Congress Park
IMG_4530.JPEG

IMG_4531.JPEG

April 4th - 5th
SSR 2 BR Villa in The Grandstand
IMG_4813.JPEG

IMG_4814.JPEG

April 5th - 6th
SSR 1 BR Villa in The Paddock
IMG_4912.JPEG

IMG_4911.JPEG

And let me start out by saying that as awesome as it was to have a few extra Disney days it definitely comes with a price!! Financially & mentally!!
There is a lot of stress involved when you first realize that you're pretty much stranded & trying to figure out what you're going to do about it!! Not to mention the switching of the rooms over & over!!

But, I don't want to get ahead of myself. All that drama will come in due time!!

Welcome everyone!! Thanks to all who will be joining in on this crazy adventure!!

LeighM

My friend’s sister was stuck in NYC for several days because Jet Blue canceled their flights to VT.

I would be nervous flying out of NYC on any airline lol. When they had R's rescheduled flight connecting in Philly with about an hour layover, I was scared he wouldn't make it home again.

riverside

Original Poster
We ate at Turf Club back around 2016 and thought it was just OK, but the new menu looks pretty good! Your flight fiasco sounds like my worst nightmare, and it was pretty disappointing that the CM at SS wasn't more helpful knowing your situation. :oops: I have to say that even with an AP discount on the 2-bedroom villa, I would have found it a hard pill to swallow paying that price! 🥴 I can't wait to hear about your most recent summer trip after you finish this one! Glad to see you back on the boards. 🥰
It was pretty good but unfortunately that meal was/is kind of a blur for me given what had happened.
It was ridiculously expensive & it only got worse!!
R wants me to wrap this one up so I can start my July one--only b/c he's in it & only reads the TR's that he is in:rolleyes:
My husband and his brothers recently came back from visiting their relatives in PR and their flight down was delayed on Spirit but the return flight back on American was cancelled. They used weather as the excuse but they cancelled 12 hours ahead of their flight when there were no severe storms expected between PR and Charlotte, where their connecting flight was located. Luckily, they were able to get out the next day - when there were storms in the NE :rolleyes: And someone I know just had a horrible experience on American. JetBlue and Breeze are looking good compared to the other airlines.
I think it's more of a staffing issue than anything. I feel like all the airlines are really struggling right now & it makes me nervous to fly!! They're just not very reliable but I live too far to drive so I have to take my chances!!
Wow! That's crazy! I hope you at least enjoyed your extended stay.
You mean my EXPENSIVE extended stay??🤣
My friend’s sister was stuck in NYC for several days because Jet Blue canceled their flights to VT.
Ugh--such a helpless feeling.
Sorry to hijack your TR thread @riverside, but I just posted in the chick chat thread that Seth was cancelled last night (Friday) on Delta trying to leave NY. Next offered flight was Sunday!:mad:
He's looking out the window at LaGuardia and it's sunny, I'm looking out the window 20 minutes from the Pittsburgh airport and it's sunny.
It's bonkers and think of all of the extra money being spent by customers with this crazy! And some people don't even have the money to absorb these costs.
And that's just it!! No refund was ever issued to us. I feel for those that have to shell out for the extra expense esp. b/c having to book another flight last minute isn't cheap. Not to mention that the last minute room rates were insane(they blamed it on spring break).
It's amazing how the whole airline industry can turn upside down so quickly!!
I would be nervous flying out of NYC on any airline lol. When they had R's rescheduled flight connecting in Philly with about an hour layover, I was scared he wouldn't make it home again.
That's why I hate layovers!! They never give you enough time & God forbid your initial flight is running late-you're screwed!!

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, APRIL 4TH

I got up early & turned on the local news to see this.
IMG_4766.JPEG

IMG_4767.JPEG

IMG_4768.JPEG

I took a walk to clear my head & figure out what our next course of action should be.
IMG_4769.JPEG

I had said in my last post that the earliest Spirit flight we could get would be on Thursday. Hey-at least the price was right!! But, Southwest had a nonstop on Wednesday mid afternoon so we decided to book that. We figured even if we ended up getting a different one we would have a credit to use in the future. The thing that stunk about Southwest though is that the cost was $244.98 per person one way!! I did take a screen shot of it but my full name is on there & I'm too lazy to cover it up so you'll have to take my word for it!!
This was also the time where I had to make the dreaded phone call to my boss and tell him that I would be calling off for my Tuesday & Wednesday shifts. I felt so bad b/c I knew he would have to work longer shifts since I wouldn't be there(we only have 3 managers at our store & one of us has to be there at all times). Another reason(this might sound silly but...)I felt weird was that I don't know how to call off!! I've been with this new company for a little over 2 years & that is the only time I have called off!!
IMG_4773.PNG

So, now we had to check out of our room & take our luggage to bell services.
One might think--wow this is great!! We now have 3 extra park days & we have AP's so it's not like we have to shell out more for tickets. You're stuck in Disney World-go have fun at the parks, right? Wrong--it was Spring Break. There were no park reservations to be had.:cry:
The CM's at the front desk did tell us to keep checking b/c after the 2:00 hour depending on attendance something may open up. For the time being we made a lunch reservation.
IMG_4774.PNG

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, APRIL 4TH

I forgot to mention that while at the lobby we were able to book a room for Tuesday night. Of course, we were going to have to switch again. For those keeping track we started out in a 1 bedroom then we were going to a 2 bedroom for that night(Monday) then Tuesday night was back to a 1 bedroom b/c the 2 bedroom wasn't available. The good news is going back to a 1 bedroom saved about $400.00!!

We headed to one of Saratoga's million bus stops!!
IMG_4775.JPEG

Caught a bus to HS so we could transfer to the Skyliner.
IMG_4777.JPEG

Keep in mind you will see a repeat when it comes to our clothing over the next few days but I can assure you they were all washed & clean!!🤣
IMG_4778.JPEG

IMG_1848.JPEG

To the Yacht Club we go!!
IMG_4782.JPEG

We talked about how excited we were to be staying at Beach Club on our next trip!!
IMG_4783.JPEG

We had a little time so we went inside to check out their Easter egg display!!
IMG_4784.JPEG

IMG_4785.JPEG

IMG_4786.JPEG

IMG_4787.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, APRIL 4TH

Time for lunch!!
IMG_4788.JPEG

IMG_4789.PNG

And beverages--which E & I needed after all the mental & financial stress we were being put under. Not J though, when E told him that morning that he was going to be missing an extra 2 days of school and that we were going to be stuck in Disney you would have thought that someone just handed him a million bucks!!
IMG_1859.JPEG

IMG_4790.JPEG

IMG_4791.JPEG

Of course, our new room was ready shortly after we got to lunch!
IMG_4793.PNG

I can't remember if J got the fish or chicken(but I'm leaning towards the chicken) but this portion is downright pathetic-even for a kid's meal!!
IMG_4794.JPEG

I got the burger but forgot to get a pic of E's lunch.
IMG_4795.JPEG

J got dessert to help fill him up!!
IMG_4796.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, APRIL 4TH

While we were at lunch I checked the app & we were able to get reservations for HS!! We also were able to make park reservations for the next 2 days!!
IMG_4800.JPEG

We didn't plan on staying long but it was something to do for a few hours.
IMG_4803.JPEG

IMG_4804.JPEG

IMG_4805.JPEG

J wanted to see the Indiana Jones show so we headed there first.
IMG_4806.JPEG

IMG_4807.JPEG

Then we took a ride on TSM. I rode solo.
IMG_4810.JPEG

With that we stopped to get Starbucks & headed back to SSR.
IMG_4811.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
MONDAY, APRIL 4TH

We got back & collected our luggage from bell services.
IMG_4812.JPEG

I swear we were in the furthest possible room in this section. You would think by having to pay $1,000.00 for one night we could have got something a little closer!!
IMG_4813.JPEG

IMG_4814.JPEG

J wanted to go to the pool so we headed to the one in The Grandstand area. Of course, he had to go in the hot tub, too. He loves those things!! He also made some friends in there!
IMG_4815.JPEG

It was a nice, quiet afternoon/early evening.
IMG_4816.JPEG

IMG_4817.JPEG

We mobile ordered food from The Artist's Palette. While waiting for it we went to The Turf Club Lounge for some drinks. The bartender told us we were welcome to eat our food in there so when it was ready we brought it back & ate there.
IMG_4818.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, APRIL 5TH

Time to pack up again & take the luggage to bell services!! It was starting to feel like Groundhog Day...
It was about this time that E & I started fretting about something else--tip money!! We both always have more than enough money for tips but when you end up staying an extra(almost) 3 days you start running low!!
IMG_4820.JPEG

We got to MK & took a look at the treats.
IMG_4824.JPEG

IMG_4825.JPEG

Mickey was out!!
IMG_4826.JPEG

IMG_4829.JPEG

We went to Columbia Harbour House for lunch. I swear J liked his food-regardless of that look on his face!
IMG_4830.JPEG

I enjoyed it as always!!
IMG_4831.JPEG

But the highlight of the meal was dining with @Tuvalu & @TrolleyFollower91!! Tuvalu was well aware of us getting stranded & had texted me that morning about meeting for lunch. It was definitely a bonus to spend time with our friends again!!
IMG_5583.JPEG

IMG_4833.JPG

IMG_4835.JPG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, APRIL 5TH

J back to sitting in his usual spot....
I can't say for sure but I think we were in line for HM?
IMG_4838.JPEG

Then it was time for Philharmagic!
IMG_4839.JPEG

I'm having a hard time with the "spoiler" feature but let me tell you it was here(I do have the pic as proof) that we saw a woman wearing shorts that pretty much exposed way too much of her backside. I was embarrassed for her!!

Time for the wildest ride in the wilderness!!
IMG_4842.JPEG

IMG_4843.JPEG

And of course, the room was ready early yet again!!
IMG_4845.PNG

E really wanted to try the bacon so I stood in line to get her that while she went & got J a pretzel.
IMG_4846.JPEG

IMG_4847.JPEG

I swear he liked this too!!
IMG_4848.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, APRIL 5TH

I wanted to try the raspberry swirl float from Aloha Isle so I mobile ordered that.
IMG_4849.PNG

They had the most disorganized system I have ever seen!! You had to stand in a line to even order.
IMG_4850.JPEG

Then you went to another line when it was "ready".
IMG_4851.JPEG

Only to stand at the counter(after you've been told it was "ready") & wait for them to make it.
IMG_4852.JPEG

Never again.....
IMG_4853.PNG

And it was melting faster than I could eat it!!
IMG_4855.JPEG

Time to visit some pirates!!
IMG_4856.JPEG

IMG_4858.JPEG

We got to wave bye to some friends as we were leaving!!
IMG_4860.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, APRIL 5TH

We had made a dinner reservation so it was time to head over to Epcot!!
IMG_4862.JPEG

I love going through the park on the monorail!!
IMG_4864.JPEG

IMG_4865.JPEG

All that construction isn't too pretty though!!
IMG_4868.JPEG

IMG_4870.JPEG

As we got to Italy Sergio was getting ready to start a show.
IMG_4876.JPEG

Look who he asked to be his helper!!
IMG_4877.JPEG

IMG_4878.JPEG

IMG_4879.JPEG

It was so much fun to watch!!
IMG_4881.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, APRIL 5TH

We had been able to get a dinner reservation for Tutto Italia. E has really taken a liking to this restaurant!!
IMG_4883.JPEG

What to chose?
IMG_4885.PNG

Of course, wine flights were in order!!
IMG_4886.PNG

My horrible attempt at selfies....
IMG_4888.JPEG

So E had to take over!!
IMG_1908.JPEG

Any surprise that we started with this? We are big fans of them!!
IMG_4890.JPEG

R always raves about how good the lasagna is there so I figured I'd give it a try.
IMG_4891.JPEG

Better portion size than Ale & Compass!!
IMG_4892.JPEG

Any surprise that E got a caesar salad?
IMG_4893.JPEG

The lasagna was good but not as good as R made it out to be. I took this pic to send to him so he could see that I didn't think it was all that!!
IMG_4894.JPEG

slipperalwaysfits

We had a little time so we went inside to check out their Easter egg display!!
Those Easter Eggs are incredible! The detail, time and chocolate in each one is mind-blowing. Did J have a favorite?
While we were at lunch I checked the app & we were able to get reservations for HS!! We also were able to make park reservations for the next 2 days!!
YAY! Pixie Dust! I'm happy J was able to see the Indiana Jones show and you could practice your TSMM skills. ;) 🤩
But the highlight of the meal was dining with @Tuvalu & @TrolleyFollower91!! Tuvalu was well aware of us getting stranded & had texted me that morning about meeting for lunch. It was definitely a bonus to spend time with our friends again!!
That is more Pixie Dust! The same park as WDW Magic friends on a bonus day! I bet J was really excited to hang out with @TrolleyFollower91 again!
I love going through the park on the monorail!!
Definitely one of my favorite Disney moments---every time!
Any surprise that we started with this? We are big fans of them!
I'm like you---charcuterie board anywhere, any time.

LeighM

I wonder if the woman you saw exposing too much buttocks was the same one I saw wearing too tight shorts that were showing too much of hers 🤣 It was one of the most painful looking sights I had seen in a while. I know she was attempting to look cute but there won't nothing cute about what we were seeing. I don't know how the woman could sit down!

riverside

Original Poster
Those Easter Eggs are incredible! The detail, time and chocolate in each one is mind-blowing. Did J have a favorite?
They were really neat!! No, he didn't say that he did.
That is more Pixie Dust! The same park as WDW Magic friends on a bonus day! I bet J was really excited to hang out with @TrolleyFollower91 again!
It was exciting & yes, J was excited for sure!
That stinks about your flight and job but, there are much worse places to be stuck! Plus you got to see @Tuvalu and @TrolleyFollower91
Very true!! Seeing them more was definitely a plus!!
I wonder if the woman you saw exposing too much buttocks was the same one I saw wearing too tight shorts that were showing too much of hers 🤣 It was one of the most painful looking sights I had seen in a while. I know she was attempting to look cute but there won't nothing cute about what we were seeing. I don't know how the woman could sit down!
I wouldn't be surprised!! But I'm sure there's quite a few out there that do this!! It was very embarrassing!!

riverside

Original Poster
TUESDAY, APRIL 5TH

After dinner we wandered around WS for a bit.
IMG_4896.JPEG

We took a ride on Frozen.
IMG_4897.JPEG

IMG_4898.JPEG

Then we headed back to Saratoga to go to our new room!!
IMG_4901.JPEG

We had planned to go to the pool for a bit but it rained for awhile. By the time the pool opened up again it was getting late & E was still trying to keep J on somewhat of a schedule since he was still in school. So, she told him that the pool never reopened that day!! 🤣
IMG_4902.JPEG

While she was getting him ready for bed I went down to get us some drinks.
IMG_4904.JPEG

E wanted a Fanta.
IMG_4905.JPEG

I really like this picture!!
IMG_4906.JPEG

On the way back to the room I somehow dropped the cup & the Fanta went everywhere. I went back to buy another one but the CM just gave me another cup & told me not to worry about it.
IMG_4908.JPEG

I did buy a margarita though!!
IMG_4910.JPEG

riverside

Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6TH

Time to pack up & head to bell services yet again!!
IMG_4912.JPEG

IMG_4911.JPEG

IMG_4913.JPEG

We didn't have a ton of time but we were able to spend a few hours in Epcot.
IMG_4917.JPEG

IMG_4920.JPEG

We made our way through the maze to meet up with some friends!!
IMG_4921.JPEG

I crack up every time I see this picture. The CM asked how many in our party & we said 5 so we were told to go to rows 1 & 2. J automatically jumped in the row with @Tuvalu & @TrolleyFollower91!! It was so funny!!
IMG_4922.JPEG

We headed back to WS. We were going to grab some lunch before we had to go. We parted ways with @Tuvalu & @TrolleyFollower91 in Mexico. This was great also!! J watched them all the way until they got inside the pavilion!!
IMG_4923.JPEG

I would definitely say he still has a crush on @TrolleyFollower91!!
IMG_4924.JPEG

Being able to meet up with our friends was a big plus in us being stranded!!

riverside

Original Poster
I swear when we were at Beach Club in July I thought I saw J and E. I almost said something, but I didn’t want to freak them out (random internet strangers talking down the hall…) but now I think maybe it really was them! It felt like a celebrity spotting.
I'm sure it was b/c we stayed at the Beach Club July 7th-14th!! She's been approached before so she's used to it!!🤣
Darn-you should have said something to her b/c I'm sure I wasn't far away. It would have been nice to say hello!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom