News Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party returns for 2022

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Reduced ride capacity during the party. Were they running both sides of every ride that has them? Everything open?
Whats the difference. Those were the wait times whatever the reasons are…. Doesnt allow you many rides thats for sure if it stays this way.
Chocolate shortage. Have you tried to buy a bag of Milky Way or Three Musketeers in the last few months? Kids going to get hard candy this year I think

JoeCamel

Whats the difference. Those were the wait times whatever the reasons are…. Doesnt allow you many rides thats for sure if it stays this way.
You are saying the waits were longer than expected and I pointed out they reduce capacity during parties (or they used to I haven't seen the value of a party for a long time)
They could provide guest satisfaction but it does not drive the staffing.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
You are saying the waits were longer than expected and I pointed out they reduce capacity during parties (or they used to I haven't seen the value of a party for a long time)
They could provide guest satisfaction but it does not drive the staffing.
Value is subjective…
I was simply pointing out wait times on the 2 nights so far have been a solid 30 minutes on the headliners some ive seen hit 40 which definitely didnt happen when i went in November for Christmas. We enjoy both the rides and the special events of the party we are attending.

IMDREW

I love the nighttime map for the party's! Maybe a new update for the overal app to have a nighttime version? I know TDR uses that and it's super cool!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade 2022 - Frontierland​

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48348.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48352.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48356.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48360.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48366.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48368.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48369.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48372.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48373.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48377.jpg

Animaniac93-98

Mickey's Boo-to-You Halloween Parade 2022 - Frontierland​

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48348.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48352.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48356.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48360.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48366.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48368.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48369.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48372.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48373.jpg

Mickeys-Boo-to-You-Halloween-Parade_Full_48377.jpg

I know Main Street is the more iconic location to watch parades in MK, but there's something about Frontierland/Liberty Square that feels more appropriate for the Halloween parade.

Seeing the Headless Horseman ride past Sleepy Hollow, the hoedown in front of Grizzly Hall etc gives it more atmosphere.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Question. What times does the Headless Horseman ride. Dont wanna miss him but also dont wanna get to parade too early. Thanks

"The Headless Horseman appears approximately 20 minutes before each performance of Mickey's Boo-To-You Halloween Parade, stepping off in Frontierland and exiting near City Hall on Main Street U.S.A."

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
can someone share the story or point me to alink/video bc ive never heard or seen it... thank you in advance
Here is the thread from the incident

Last edited:

DISR

I attended on the 16th. We were very lucky with the weather and had no parade or fireworks issues due to weather that evening. It was the only 1 of the 3 MNSSHP nights we were in town for that had no rain/thunderstorms.

My impression was the sold out night we attended had less attendance than my last pre-COVID MNSSHP party. I have absolutely no facts to support this, but I believe they are selling fewer tickets.

I did not know until afterwards that we were seeing the headless horseman's first ride since 2019....that was a cool fact and we always get chills seeing him ride.

I don't know if this is a new thing and we have missed it in the past, but POTC has some live actors. As one of my favorite nostalgic rides, that was a really cool twist.

I loved the fireworks. This is the first time we have viewed them from in front of the castle, and it was probably the highlight of the night. I like the Christmas projections, but the Halloween projections on the castle were on another level. I wish they ran them continuously throughout the night.

If you haven't been, stakeout a front row spot for the parade early. We have been many times and the prime viewing spots are always grabbed early. You really want front row and people will show up at the last minute and stand in front of you if you leave a gap.

It is also worth getting a good spot for the fireworks. There are things you will not see or not see well if you aren't in a good spot.

I was on the fence about MNSSHP after our last trip...it was too crowded and we did not feel we got a lot of value for our dollar. This was a non-park visit to Orlando, so we went well-rested and, with the lower crowd levels, we felt like it was money well spent.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Here is there thread from the incident

Ty

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom