Great news about skyliner....good bye to an annoyance..

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I don’t think they’d cram a party of 5 with another party of 5. The times we shared cabins it usually was like a party of 4/5 with another party of 2/3 or something like that. On a solo trip they sat me next to a couple with a party of 3 across.

Lilofan

I don’t think they’d cram a party of 5 with another party of 5. The times we shared cabins it usually was like a party of 4/5 with another party of 2/3 or something like that. On a solo trip they sat me next to a couple with a party of 3 across.
If you have ever seen a gondola operation in Hong Kong the staff squeezes as many into the car as possible.

G00fyDad

If you have ever seen a gondola operation in Hong Kong the staff squeezes as many into the car as possible.
Not sure if they have gondolas in HK but the trains....

OIP (3).jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've never seen any party ask to be in a cabin by themselves whether there were long lines or short.

People have asked tho, to be in an unwrapped cabain so they can sight-see.

gorillaball

Has there ever been a more "sky is falling" topic at Disney than the skyliner?

For a couple years up to it opening we had the nonstop thread about every single "what if" that you can think of (that I'm intentionally not listing here for fear of rabbit trail threads). 1196 pages long!

Now they release a note that they will 'start" grouping parties together... which isn't even relevant except at park open/close and most of the time they were already grouping many parties together... and here we are again, freaking out. Eeks, I might have to sit in the same space as someone for 7 minutes while on my way to a park where I will stand next to someone all day long in lines.

It's entertaining if nothing else I guess... just amazes me.

PS: - I heard a rumor the other day that for Philharmagic they will not only make you stand inside next to someone while waiting to go in to the theater, but when you are in the theater you will actually be sharing the space with others, in close proximity - for 20 minutes!!!

G00fyDad

For a couple years up to it opening we had the nonstop thread about every single "what if" that you can think of (that I'm intentionally not listing here for fear of rabbit trail threads). 1196 pages long!

Now they release a note that they will 'start" grouping parties together... which isn't even relevant except at park open/close and most of the time they were already grouping many parties together... and here we are again, freaking out. Eeks, I might have to sit in the same space as someone for 7 minutes while on my way to a park where I will stand next to someone all day long in lines.

PS: - I heard a rumor the other day that for Philharmagic they will not only make you stand inside next to someone while waiting to go in to the theater, but when you are in the theater you will actually be sharing the space with others, in close proximity - for 20 minutes!!!
Relax. No one is freaking out. It just so happens that I'd prefer not sitting next to someone else in such an enclosed area. I am sure there are things in life that you do not like and I am sure no one accuses you of "freaking out".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Now they release a note that they will 'start" grouping parties together...
I see what you're saying: The extra body heat will cause people to collapse of heat exhaustion.

gorillaball

Relax. No one is freaking out. It just so happens that I'd prefer not sitting next to someone else in such an enclosed area. I am sure there are things in life that you do not like and I am sure no one accuses you of "freaking out".
You mean my use of "freaking out" was excessive, much like most of the 1200 pages of unwarranted fears? -Fair enough, I thought that was the norm for all Skyliner conversations.

And I also would prefer to not sit next to someone. Same as I'd prefer the line for Flight of Passage was always 20 minutes or less and that every bus showed up to my stop within 10 minutes and had ample room to sit, and...

G00fyDad

You mean my use of "freaking out" was excessive, much like most of the 1200 pages of unwarranted fears? -Fair enough, I thought that was the norm for all Skyliner conversations.

And I also would prefer to not sit next to someone. Same as I'd prefer the line for Flight of Passage was always 20 minutes or less and that every bus showed up to my stop within 10 minutes and had ample room to sit, and...

Sorry. Didn't mean to make you freak out. :)

Br0ckford

Wait till they hear the news that the stall dividers are coming out of the bathrooms.

bhg469

What's the difference? You have to ride the buses, monorails, and boats with other people
I don't mind the change but the loading of the groups is much different in the skyliner. I can see multiple groups organizing as they load into the vehicle a little awkward.

G00fyDad

What's the difference? You have to ride the buses, monorails, and boats with other people
No. I don't. I rent a car and typically take that to get to the parks. However, I plan on using Early Entry for HS and Ep. My ONLY option from Pop Century is the Skyliner. Using a car prevents me from getting to the gates of the park due to the Entry Booth CM's refusal to allow ANY cars through until it is almost too late and Disney has decided that the Skyliner will be our ONLY option for those two parks. So no, I do not have to ride the other modes of transportation. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom